• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health What has your expereince been with antidepressants?

I've tried a few(effexor, Paxil...) and had awful side effects.
I got a good doctor and she started me on 7.5 mg of mirtazipine up to 30 mg and it's been a lifesaver for a couple years.
Sadly they seem to be wearing off or I'm getting more depressed. Sucks because the maximum is 45mg so I don't have much room .
I just don't see anything getting any better

^Might sound callous, but at these times it's best to hold our mind over our emotion. Things don't seem like they're getting better due to primitive region activation, but they will. Truth.

^Might sound callous, but at these times it's best to hold our mind over our emotion. Things don't seem like they're getting better due to primitive region activation, but they will. Truth.
I have PTSD from something that happened years ago and the anniversary date is approaching along with my late husbands anniversary of death and i'm spending the holidays alone with my thoughts. I have no support system. How does someone hold their mind over emotion ? I don't really understand what that means .

Bad but they keep me from killing myself.

I cant cum, I find it hard to get motivated, All my emotions seem grey and fuzzy at the baseline, I cant take some drugs I really want to get into and I'm still depressed.

I have PTSD from something that happened years ago and the anniversary date is approaching along with my late husbands anniversary of death and i'm spending the holidays alone with my thoughts. I have no support system. How does someone hold their mind over emotion ? I don't really understand what that means .

I'm terribly sorry...

For what it's worth, I think that your posting here is a great initial step.

There are ways to get support, but it can be hard to reach out for them. These can not always be clear, too.

It's really about exercising the paramount human ability of seeing the good that comes in the future by best attending to the present. It's never easy, though.