• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What happens when you black out on psychadelics?

During a phenazepam binge in the summer, I decided to take 2 hits of acid, and as I was waiting to come up I decided to lay down and listen to some music.

Needless to say I fell asleep and woke up an hour or so later tripping and pretty disorientated. My arm was also numb from having slept on it to add to my confusion :p

I think I ended up falling asleep a second time as well 8) The dreams I had were pretty abstract and strange, have trouble remembering much due to the benzos.

Pretty pointless experience as the phenazepam took away any euphoria or analytical thought, and i was left feeling bored and void. I was also miserable at the time which didn't help much.

I ended up throwing away my phenazepam out the window whilst on acid because I realised I was just fucking myself up on it.

edit - I also had a friend who ate 30g of fresh mushrooms and ended up blacking out. Of course that's what I was told by his parents after they'd kicked me out of their house when they caught us. So it could've been a sensory overload going on for him, what with being caught and taken to hospital etc.

Last edited:
Ive blacked out a few times from very large mushroom doses .I awoke on the floor of my room when i was coming down feeling very puzzled about what had happened. Everytime i blacked out on them it was from eating them out of a very large bag of shrooms and not weighing them out . I never just grab handfuls anymore and keep eating them . Ive gained alot of respect for mushrooms over the years and try to be as careful as possible when dosing. I try and avoid running down the street naked while tripping on drugs these days ;)

Tryptamine blackouts particularly if there a "DMT" involved seem more common than with other psychedelics, speaking from personal experience & what I've read of the experiences of others. Tho take enough of any psychedelic pretty much & you might loose a few hours.
I think the fact that mushrooms aren't calibrated in the way most other psychs are might be a significant factor also.

I once blacked out on real good acid. I later heard I had been acting really crazy and freaking everyone out, but still now 8 years later I can't remember a thing I did during that blackout.

Ofcourse I had been awake for 3 days before I dropped...

the only hallucinogens I've done are LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, and Mescaline. I have never blacked out on any of those substances.

I managed to "fall asleep" on mushrooms a few nights ago.

I ate an E and about an hour and a half into it, i was listening to the Gorillaz through noise cancelling headphones on my bed. I closed my eyes and when i "woke up," an hour had passed.

I quote that i fell asleep because i was in some sort of intense dream/trance like state; I wasn't in deep sleep, but it was similar to having a vivid dream.

I took an epic dose of shrooms once, 10.5 grams of Cubensis (I know, ridiculous), I didn't realize the magnitude of the dose I took until I realized I had eaten 3 bags, 1 of which was meant for another person. As a side note, I am scripted Xanax xr 6 mgs per day. one in the morning one at night, so being that I live in such a sedated state I usually am able to take a dose of about 6-7 grams and keep my stuff in line. Well long story short i ate 7 grams of these boomers and then proceeded to down the other 8th after an hour and a half of feeling little to nothing (Idiot move). About ten minutes after the 2nd dose they started kicking my ass and then at what i can only guess to be the +30 minute mark after the 2nd dose i blacked out completely until about +8 hours later. Now here's the kicker, I did this alone in my house which was quite dirty when the day started. When i came too everything was spotless and I was sitting in my living room smoking a cigarette (i don't smoke inside) and i had an incense stick burning in a salt shaker hole... some 2 years later I still don't know what the hell happened...

HAHAHAA

But seriously.... Haha

I would think the stimulating properties of 2c-b would fight off 4 shots and 2.5mg xanax.

I've passed out during the peak of 20mgs of 2C-B before, for me its less about the physical stimulation and more about my mind being calm and zened out to the point where I just fall asleep.

I find the 2c's and MDMA to be actually easy to sleep on compared to regular amphetamines and tryptamines... Course mescaline is always something that's an impossible sleep.

I might have blacked out on LSD once. I was on a 4-day binge. On the fourth day, I ate about 7 or 8 hits throughout the night at a club..came home, was seeing flashing lights in the dark, lay down and sort of just went into a trance. Behind my eyes I was getting some cool visuals. Mostly waves of different colors. I don't remember much of it..just like I fell into this deep dreamstate then came to sometime the next afternoon and felt disoriented for a while..still tripping. It was amazing.

my first time ever using a traditional psychedelic was 2.5g of mushrooms, and i blacked out for 8 hours.. the little fragments i remember are very very weird, definitely the most "psychedelic" (aka fucking weird!) things i've experienced ( more than that of DMT, shrooms+lsd, or lsd by itself)

There's a big difference between falling asleep on a psychedelic and "blacking out" IMO.
Blacking out, especially if you are later told you where acting completely irrational and/or dangerous during that period, suggests a possible psychotic break. Particularly if you didn't ingest copious amounts of alcohol and/or Xanax that could explain the amnesia.

I have seen this occur a few times. When they eventually come to, they often claim to remember nothing from their experience. Tread carefully people, if it's happened once it's much more likely to happen again....

There's a big difference between falling asleep on a psychedelic and "blacking out" IMO.

For me, I just couldn't stay awake any longer..I had been frying for 4 days straight and just went into a trance..the best way i can describe it. When I woke up, it felt like I had died and been reborn.

While this is still fresh in my mind...
Last weekend, something happened to me that shouldn't have happened after reading this thread.
Long story short, it was my birthday so I ate some shrooms, went to the botanical gardens tripping hard, ate more shrooms, went bar crawling, and drank a lot of beer. At some point, I blacked out. I don't remember anything after sitting on th epatio of one bar. I woke up in a strange girls bed the next morning. I found myself in a pig sty. There was cat shit and hairballs everywhere. There was a girl in bed. I was wearing nothing but a pair of combat boots. I found my clothes and put them on. They were covered with cat hair.
After getting out of there, very quietly so as not to wake her, I went home and got a glass of water. I raised the glass to drink and when my hand was close to my nose, I noticed a foul smell that reminded me of rotten fish on my fingers. I came close to gagging. Dehydrated as I was, I couldn't drink the water with that filthy smell on my fingers. I scrrubbed my hands with soap and hot water but to no avail. My fingers were still rotten. I ended up going to the bike coop and borrowing some Gojo hand degreaser - the kind that cuts through oil, grease and almost everything else. ONly after scouring my hands and finger tips for a good 10 minutes with mechanics' hand cleaner did the smell go away.

That is the grossest fucking post ive read looool

The only time I blacked out from psychedelics, or indeed any drug, was on mushrooms. I remember the trip coming on, and thinking hard about the relationship between society and the media, making all these insane connections in my head, and then waking up 4 hours later in a state of utter ego loss.

I was broken.

I ended up turning on every light in the house, ripping every thermometer off the wall, going into my parents room with a printer (???) and then lying on the floor making weird hand signals to my dog. This was about 3:30, 4 in the morning. I spent the next couple of hours unable to speak, reading the Chinese characters on tags on clothing, with my parents watching me helplessly. I had a giant red mark on my arm from apparently trying to eat my bicep. I flipped them both off profusely and smiled whenever they asked me a question. When my dad asked me what I had taken, I went into my closet, retrieved a bad of weed, and sprinkled it on him.

I did not think that shrooms could last that long. When I came to, I almost considered jumping out a window. Before this my parents had no idea I did drugs at all. I'm sure it was quite an experience for them. Luckily, I had to get my wisdom teeth removed the next day, so I was able to spend the following week in a percocet haze. Everything seemed much better after that.

Last edited:
I've slept on Bromo-Dragonfly a number of times. It just seems necessary with duration. One time I was put to bed by a few drinks but really, at lower doses, sleep is very natural. Waking up still tripping, now that's a little different.

Blacking out is a whole different ball game. I blacked out once on probably 200 mg of MDA, maybe a bit more. Just remember running in circles around the campfire flapping my arms and the next thing that my memory walked away with was reaching around the fire pit (the fire had significantly shrunken) to grab a blunt. I'm pretty sure I've had small incremental black outs during numerous other trips.

Oh, and sleeping through 2c-e was one of the best 2c-e experiences I ever had.