What great band have you just discovered?

^^ Yeah she goes alright :)

sleepmakeswaves. Epic instrumental rock band from Sydney Australia <3 Seeing them live in 2 months!!!

I don't care if it is top 40/mainstream etc etc, or if you make fun of me. I like this.

hey, good taste! though does your comment mean everyone likes it? except for the cool kids.

she looks designed by the mulleavy sisters. not what she's wearing. her. in this video. she looks like a completely different person in others.

Yeah, Lorde has become pretty mainstream almost overnight. Doesn't mean she's not good though :)

i don't understand what that has to do with the mulleavys.

i don't know if bastille is good enough to make it regular listening, but i do like his voice and he sure knows how to kill a miley cyrus song. plus, nice shout out to make you feel bad for miley's dad.

all my last.fm "suggested artists" are stupid trite little girl baby doll bullshit. i've never been more disappointed in last.fm, seriously. i finally just went through and listened to the top track for all of them, and i'm like wtf is Haim. it sounds soooo Xandau Ballet and in the worst way possible. although last.fm did suggest blood orange which is good. Xanadau Ballet in the best way possible.

Last edited:
^ blood orange great! that guy is super talented. i liked his stuff as lightspeed champion then heard blood orange dinner in a mix and was amazed to find out it was same person.

I have a hard time discovering new music because I don't have a vehicle (so I never listen to the radio), but some friends just turned me on to:

TV on the Radio: lovin Staring at the Sun and DLZ (of course I'm the last to hear of these guys)
Portugal. The Man: Purple, Yellow, Red and Blue, Modern Jesus, Evil Friends (probably the last to know of these guys too)
Dom Kennedy: My Kind of Party, Pleeze (again, I live in a cave)
Kendrick Lamar: Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, A.D.H.D..

and so much more... No clue where I've been. Yeah. no excuses.

Just discovered Electric Magma, Cosmic Wheels and Samsara Blues Experiment. Highly recommended (pun intended :D )

well that's a graphic description.

i am in a music rut so i've taken to just downloading fan mixes from tumblr and going off to find albums of the few songs that stick out to me. most recently, Laura Marling - Hope in the Water.

"as a young woman i was obsessed with the fear of death. i was weird." laura, you're 24. i am still obsessed with the fear of death. this album is awesome. from what i've heard of her new album i don't really like it. but this one. this one i have been listening to non stop.

Been listening to Ki Theory after hearing one of their songs on The Following. Very cool. Their album Kitty Hawk is sick.

I just discovered The Hollywood Undead 2 or 3 weeks ago and what I heard blew my mind...
Just love them. I feel like they've made some possibly life-changing music, but that is just my take on it.

Some great stuff I've discovered

Foster the people
Air
The Walkmen
Cage the elephant
And especially

#LP (Laura pergolizzi ) (her live stuff on YouTube is incredible , especially her cover of beyonces halo)

^^ Congrats on discovering all 3 of those.

If you're digging The Clean, check out some other Flying Nun bands of the era - The Bats and Straightjacket Fits are two worth checking out.