What great band have you just discovered?

Biology

Side project of From Autumn to Ashes frontman Francis Mark.

^^^ have you listened to gengis tron? if not... i highly reccomend them! brutal grindcore (done to perfection) intertwined with abstract experimental type beats, and some synthesizer soundscapey goodness... theyre probably the best band ive heard in a LONG time!

i wouldnt go so far as to say the postal service are a great band, but cute, fun and better than death cab.

^ Say what you like about his music in general, but Prince is one hell of a fuckin' guitarist.

Noisia - drum and bass
Cynic - project by ex members of Death, metal band (thx malachai)
Throwdown - hardcore (Thx again malachai...)
Desmond Dekker - raggae (thx fruitfly...)

keep feeding me new music ppl, tia :)

i would love to see suede one day. they have a very sexy sound recorded and it would be interesting to see if it translates live.

The Paper Chase - if Ben folds was obsessed with Halloween and created an album produced by Danny Elfman, you would have The Paper Chase. Their album is simply amazing. Very spooky and dark, but not heavy. I love it.

Protest the Hero

damn this cool stuff.

Picture Iced Earth, Glassjaw, Coheed and Cambria and Between the Buried and Me having a child.

This is perhaps that spawn.

Maybe a reason other than AFI and From Autumn to Ashes to go to Warped Tour this year.

I had never heard of Dungen before I caught them last weekend.

Think Of Montreal meets Sigur Ros. :)

They're pretty sweet.

^I could have told you about them. Really interesting band. Check out Ta Det Lugnt. I'm pretty pissed off I missed them when they came through Chicago a few weeks ago.

Not really familiar with Of Montreal's material, but I don't hear Sigur Ros in them at all.

Of montreal is psychedelic pop, from my lovely little town of Athens, GA. They'll be at lollapalooza, and, if I get a hold of my buddy the bassist, partying with the chi-town crew.

I just tossed on sigur ros for the sake of the incomprehensible scandinavian language. ;)

atlas said:
Of montreal is psychedelic pop, from my lovely little town of Athens, GA. They'll be at lollapalooza, and, if I get a hold of my buddy the bassist, partying with the chi-town crew.

I just tossed on sigur ros for the sake of the incomprehensible scandinavian language. ;)

I just found out about of montreal the other day, really like their style. . reminds me of some 60s bands etc.

sigur ros is good too, but have known bout that for a lil while ;)

Just found out about lot's of underground hiphop a short while ago.

Andre Nickatina
Donnie Darko
Jedi Mind Tricks

etc

Some of it's really good, and some of it's trashy, but there's always new artists to discover in that genre, and in every genre too I guess.

Not a band, but this guy is fucking amazing.

Buckethead.

Possibly one of the greatest guitarists ever. <3