What great band have you just discovered?

RareForm said:
Songs: Ohia
Protest The Hero

The album "Axxes an Ace" used to be a big favorite of mine from Songs: Ohia. Great music to be drunk and emotional to.

65daysofstatic
duo505
daniel lanois
beth orten
drums and tuba
hella
mindless self indulgence
william basinski
b. fleischmann

oh yeah, and especially:

the howling hex

(ex-royal truxx guitarist...fans of ween would prolly dig this cd)

psycosynthesis said:
Depeche Mode

Not recently but I never got into Depeche mode until a couple months ago. I used to hate that band but now I love em. It was the same with Morrissey too.

but recently:

earth, wind, & fire
trtl soup

^Very good stuff. Check out Band Of Horses...along the same line.

Gnarles Barkley

Suede

They were always playing it in the club i used to go to, but i never took notice of them until a few years later. This is usually the case with me.

faithfully dangerous said:
akron/family

hell if i know what to say about them. they're bluegrassy with a touch of coldplay (especially vocally) and electronically infused.

what a terrible description! these guys are a million times better than the mention of Coldplay would lead you to believe.

Led Zeppelin.

It's not that I never discovered them before but I always just thought they were okay. I listened to I, II, and IV a few days back without any interruptions by other music, just sitting listening to it on my headphones, just chainsmoking and feeling the music so hard. Plant's voice is orgasmic.

and I finally got into Pink Floyd more, well actually I finally broke into their more obscure and longer material. After hitting some buddha, I could finally sit through their songs and be utterly amazed.