• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What drugs can take the edge of stimulant high?

keseyhitchens

Bluelighter
I just want a med or street drug that I can take a bit before I use stimulants to to smooth things out. Heart not racing so fast, BP down a bit, less sweaty, ya know all the side effects . I also preferably want to know a drug that will do this and not take away the rush/high. I've read that propranolol and clonodine can be used for this purpose? Which one is better? Is there any others?

valium would work really well. Klonopin, xanax, ativan would also work but I would avoid against buying xanax on the street as it's almost certainly fake and actually fentanyl or RC benzos which are bad. I'd say valium is the best benzo and a bit lighter than the other ones so it won't be so drowsy. 5 or 10mg would probaby be a good dose for you. Don't take more than 20mg in a day as you're not used to benzos.

Maybe gabapentin would be okay also but it's a bit weirder to dose. It's unscheduled though so would be easier to get a prescription.

Benzos are about the best thing you can take to take the edge off of stimulants. BUT, and this is a big but, they are very dangerous to use regularly, as they produce one of the very worst and most severe withdrawals of any type of drug. They also lower your inhibitions, and with a high dose and/or redosing, can cause you to black out but still remain moving around and semi-functional, which can lead to extended binges with the stimulants and benzos, and dangerous/reckless behavior.

10-20mg valium 👌 and the same dose to finish the session.

I'd second perhaps just trying to take less - find the level of stimulation you need that doesn't require any smoothing out.

Maybe titrate downwards/upwards from some chosen point to see where that level is.

Aside from that, and purely in terms of keeping cardiovascular effects under control, I find nebivolol works much better than most other beta blockers. It also had an inherent vasodilatory effect that others do not have. Clonidine generally seems to kill many of the positive effects of stims, so I would probably only use that when you want to stop and get some sleep.

Diazepam 10mg
Clonazepam 0.5mg
Pregabalin/Gabapentin/Phenibut
Clonidine 0.1mg
Indica Cannabis 5mg oral

Take less and combine with a threshold dosage of a dissociative. They do a solid job at smoothing stuff out, including stimulants and also protect against tachyphylaxis, so you can stick with lower doses for longer. Ketamine might do but it's very short lived so it requires either multiple doses of just take it on comedown. I loved meth plus deschloroketamine. It's not the healthiest thing to do but I think it's not worse than a high dose of meth alone. DXM does the trick as well bug because of its additional norepinephrinergic activity can it become uncomfortably speedy.

Take less and combine with a threshold dosage of a dissociative. They do a solid job at smoothing stuff out, including stimulants and also protect against tachyphylaxis, so you can stick with lower doses for longer. Ketamine might do but it's very short lived so it requires either multiple doses of just take it on comedown. I loved meth plus deschloroketamine. It's not the healthiest thing to do but I think it's not worse than a high dose of meth alone. DXM does the trick as well bug because of its additional norepinephrinergic activity can it become uncomfortably speedy.

How was memantine for this purpose?

-GC

Indeed - in the UK H was seen as a 'dirty white man's drug' and so those of African and West Indian heritage stuck to stone. Of course, after a few weeks licking on a pipe, they were psychotic wrecks and so H became the usual 'come down' drug. But it then meant that a whole community that had never seen the damage H causes suddenly see an influx.

At the opposite side of the spectrum, those of a European background and who were well into their brown would end up at the point where H didn't produce a rush and nothing much of a high. So in the 1980s powder code + H ended up in the same pin as a speedball. Since crack arrived, those people are salting their crack so it's fit to bang up.

The result is the same no matter where you start. A massive habit and an overwhelming desire to add cocaine to the hits so that they DO produce a rush....

My friend Michael Linnell produced this funny and informative cartoon on the subject. And all of it is based on what ex-users tell him so it's pretty much spot on. If you smoke stone,

I hope someone finds it of interest.

*Warning - contains explicit language, graphic sexual themes and a heck of a lot of people doing in class A drugs*

I am not judging anyone, but often it seems a waste when people who have a way out swap it all for speedballs.

How was memantine for this purpose?

-GC
Good but too long lasting, I get strong insomnia from any NMDA antagonist (though a benzo would let me sleep but since I got a foretaste to benzo addiction when I was prescribed lorazepam for some months as a teen, so I try to avoid them). Think a dissociative without dopaminergic agonism would be better suited. But memantine is a great mood stabilizer and will level out crashes/comedowns I assume.

I once acquired a gram of powdered memantine and snorted that - over the course of a few days of course - together with (I believe it was) 3-FEA. Was nice but the 3-FEA pretty weak.

Last edited:
Indeed - in the UK H was seen as a 'dirty white man's drug' and so those of African and West Indian heritage stuck to stone. Of course, after a few weeks licking on a pipe, they were psychotic wrecks and so H became the usual 'come down' drug. But it then meant that a whole community that had never seen the damage H causes suddenly see an influx.

At the opposite side of the spectrum, those of a European background and who were well into their brown would end up at the point where H didn't produce a rush and nothing much of a high. So in the 1980s powder code + H ended up in the same pin as a speedball. Since crack arrived, those people are salting their crack so it's fit to bang up.

The result is the same no matter where you start. A massive habit and an overwhelming desire to add cocaine to the hits so that they DO produce a rush....

My friend Michael Linnell produced this funny and informative cartoon on the subject. And all of it is based on what ex-users tell him so it's pretty much spot on. If you smoke stone,

I hope someone finds it of interest.

*Warning - contains explicit language, graphic sexual themes and a heck of a lot of people doing in class A drugs*

I am not judging anyone, but often it seems a waste when people who have a way out swap it all for speedballs.

Same in the Punjabi community which has a long history of opium raw and pods it was seen as a dirty white thing but after a 4 day coke session a pal said lets have a boot I was hooked but now and for last 20 odd years the Punjab in midst of a massive Heroin epidemic

I doubt that. Even mirtazapine, being the most potent antihistamine around, didn't put me asleep when I was stimmed up. Sometimes it would induce tiredness and sometimes nothing but never strong enough to fall asleep. Low dose(!) quetiapine might be better suited as it is an adrenaline antagonist (but becomes a NE reuptake inhibitor at higher dosages through a metabolite)

I'm sure you don't want to hear it but stop the madness.

Stop the fucking madness.

You're looking for other drugs to combat the first drug you used.

Do you see the madness?