• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What drug was my boyfriend on or coming down from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineCloud

Greenlighter
I was out of town for a week. I talked to my boyfriend twice during that week when he was at work and both times he sounded unusually upbeat.

When I got back in town I noticed his eyes were glazy/glassy. He had a lot of nervous energy. He was wringing his hands a lot or compulsively tapping his thumb onto the other 4 fingers, in order, over and over.

Then he hallucinated seeing someone trying to park a car across the street. He was weirdly laughing and said, "Look at that guy trying to park. Ha! He's gone up on the sidewalk." I couldn't see anyone in the cars opposite. I told him that but he said again, "Ha, look at him trying to park." I told him again there was no-one in the cars opposite. He went outside to check and when he came back inside he said, "That was weird", and he looked weirded out by it.

Finally, when he was falling asleep that night he kept twitching violently, which would wake him up and then he would be bug eyed and disorientated for a few seconds. Then he would instantly fall back asleep and then wake himself up again after a number of twitches. He doesn't normally do this and it wasn't the usual muscle twitch you can get before falling asleep, this was about 40 strong twitches. I also heard him grinding his teeth in his sleep, which I have never heard him do before.

I think I know what drug it is but wanted to check in with community. Also, I wasn't sure if he was high or coming down?

A bit of an obvious question but have you tried asking him or letting him know you are concerned? Only you can judge whether that is a wise decision or not if he is still acting strangely or bizarrely.

There could be a whole range of various drugs that could cause similar symptoms but there could also be other factors such as mental health or neurological problems that also cause these symptoms (i.e. twitching, hallucinations, behavioural changes).

Stimunant use (meth/amphetamines or cocaine for example) could possibly be a cause of the teeth grinding, nervous energy, compulsive behaviour and together with lack of sleep can lead to hallucinations and paranoia but again I cannot personally say that is what caused these symptoms but it is just a theory.

Is there a particular reason you believe it is related specifically to drugs? Just trying to get a bit more information.... You do sound very concerned :( I wish you both well.

Last edited:
Who cares?

Its simple do you or do you not allow drug use in a relationship.

I use drugs. If a girl doesnt want me to do drugs ill not date her. Its unfair to you for him to lie about his risky behavior. For all we know he could be using needles which is fine but would put you at risk of getting illnesses.

Im grinding my teeth right now from amphetamine but if you ask me its not the drug its the relationship even if you find it and flush it until he stops hiding things from you and you dont feel the need to play detective like a parent nothing is stoppiing him from just using some new drug.

A bit of an obvious question but have you tried asking him or letting him know you are concerned? Only you can judge whether that is a wise decision or not if he is still acting strangely or bizarrely. There could be a whole range of various drugs that could cause similar symptoms but there could also be other factors such as mental health or neurological problems that also cause these symptoms (i.e. twitching, hallucinations, behavioural changes). Stimunant use (meth/amphetamines or cocaine for example) could possibly be a cause of the teeth grinding, nervous energy, compulsive behaviour and together with lack of sleep can lead to hallucinations and paranoia but again I cannot personally say that is what caused these symptoms but it is just a theory. Is there a particular reason you believe it is related specifically to drugs? Just trying to get a bit more information.... You do sound very concerned :( I wish you both well.
^^ pretty much this. He could be on any one substance or a poly drug combination. It sounds like it's stimulant induced. The best thing you can do is try to get him to a hospital. Unfortunately there is not much info to go on. The way you explained it, says that he needs an ER visit. When a person is that gone, the safest thing is hospital care. I highly suggest the ER, I have to close this. We cannot speculate in a situation like this. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.