• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what do others think of solo experiences?

Personally I enjoy tripping with company and without. With company, be it with a sober sitter or a bunch of friends who are tripping as well is generally great. But there is def. something to be said about solo trips, with no one around but yourself. I've done shrooms, lsd, doc, 4-ho-mipt, proscaline, ket, mxe and 3-meo-pcp alone multiple times by myself. The only ones of these that I would push to heavy + doses while alone are ketamine (hole-ing), 3-meo-pcp (never higher then 15mg's), MXE (just below hole dosage (as my body stays very active while in the hole, potentially creating unsafe situations)), DOC I feel confident to do on my own up to 5mg (never gone higher and prob. won't without a sitter or such), proscaline I've tried up to 100mg in one go on my own (I do not find it to be a worthwile substance and pretty underwhelming even at 100mg), 4-ho-mipt I feel fine doing alone (up to 30mg IR (never gone higher yet and would like a sitter around when I do)).

I've done LSD on my own up to 200ug. But would be very hesitant indeed to push it further, even with a sitter (As in my exp. acid has many facets and can produce clear psychedelic states with lovely visuals one time, heavy confusion and no visuals another time, random bouts of fear, and even ego death ++++ experiences (one time for me) or a combination of all the previously mentiond. Mostly I can usually overcome such difficulties without any assistance (though the thought of being able to take a benzo or in the extreme quetiapine helps and is usually enough to get over the fear without using them (quetiapine I've never taken btw).

My point is, drugs that can potentially induce things like ego-death and ++++ experiences at the appropriate doses, I would only do alone if they would make moving about almost impossible (ketamine for me). Other psychedelics I would only do alone at doses that go up to a +++ experience. I would def. like a sitter for any dose that would be ego-/reality-shattering.

The nice thing about tripping alone is that there are no other people that distract you, making it a very different experience sometimes. You can go a lot deeper in what you are actually experiencing.

I enjoy solo tripping more than tripping with others these days, ive had my far share of both.

But when your alone you really get the opportunity to dig for what you are looking for in the trip, you are allowed to follow your own magical trail of thought unhindered, and be as loose as need be.
Social situations can get hairy on acid even when the people around you know acid well. I find it can get tiresome dealing with random social situations specially in music festivals.

It could just be me and the way i am around people, idk. I dont hate been social i hate retards, closed minds, and those unwilling to understand when they r wrong. There just happens to be millions and millions of those people >.>

I guess it depends on what you actually are trying to acheive in the trip, for me been alone allows me to really get into my mind and the trip.

idk why exactly but going through with it would be psycoligically and spiritually beneficial for me. Never trip if you feel like maybe you shouldn't though.

In no way is this advice anything more than anecdotal. Follow your gut.Just some thoughts from the peanut gallery...

In my earlier days with psychedelics, I found it much easier and more rewarding to trip alone than with other people. Partly because I found it difficult to deal with social dynamics while tripping (which is actually something psychedelics have helped me with over the years), and partly because it's a lot easier to go deep within yourself if you're alone. In your case, it sounds like you won't even be alone, you just will be the only one tripping. This can range from weird to not much different from tripping with the person you're with, if you're really close with that person (which you obviously are).

Actual solo tripping, as in, being by yourself, is a powerful and rewarding experience if you let it flow and travel within. I recommend it at some point. I used to only do it that way, but these days I prefer being with friends most of the time.

I can't trip with people, or be near people if tripping. Doesn't matter if the other folks are tripping as well. I became a narcisistic guy wanting to experience the trip without any human beeing disrupting it. Not because bad social perks, but because they annoy me a lot... KILL.ALL.HUMANS.

I have many experiences tripping alone, less with friends and even fewer being the only one tripping.
For me they are all typically rewarding experiences but in different regards.

Alone I am able to delve deeper into myself and discover: changes that need to be made, things that I have been doing right .. and some crazy crap that is just nonsensical. Sometimes I wonder afterwards if during these nonsensical times I needed a sitter. I have never had any incidents while tripping alone but friends have (and they could have avoided a lot of headaches by having a sitter.. though I suppose the headache would have simply been transferred to the sitter?).. I suppose my suggestion for tripping alone is to be in a safe setting, the right mind set and know your drug/dose... Personally I find these the most rewarding trips because I dont do psychedelics that often, so when I do I like to aim for the moon, so to speak ..

Tripping with friends is rewarding in that we are able to connect in ways which are typically unavailable by gathering sober. We share the experience. We talk, laugh, cry.
My qualm with these experiences is if someones experience is skewed one way or the other, for good or bad. I mean to each their own when dosing with friends but if someone is really out there in a good way it almost makes me jealous haha.. Typically I like to be coherent enough to carry on a conversation if I choose to trip with friends so we can relate the experience, past experiences, our hopes for the future, just shoot the shit, etc etc. Deep trips can wait for when Im alone.. And if someone has a difficult experience your experience is thus altered from expected (though as I always say - perhaps expectations are the problem??).

Tripping with a sitter or with someone who just isnt tripping has only occurred on a few occasions for me. Typically it was with my partner at the time. The majority of the times, despite her being cool with drugs (she used to trip with me regularly) I always felt judged and it hindered my trip, she said that wasnt the case though. However, if you're both comfortable with the level you choose to trip at though, I say go for it.