• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what do others think of solo experiences?

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
I'm highly versed in psychedelic use, mainly LSD and psilocybin mushrooms but I have never taken them alone.

I would like to take some 2cb and lsd this weekend but my wife, and partner in crusading psychedelia, is not interested for various reasons. though she is 100% on board with hanging out, creating an experience etc.

have others found solo usage or being the only one tripping in an intimate setting to still provide beneficial experiences?

I usually do alone but usually also part of the time is with people around.
my wife used to like to do it... she lost interest? not sure. I never question others' inclinations.

Yeah it can be great but I've only generally done it fully alone with no one around and I love that quite a bit especially if I'm camping. I've also been the only one tripping with other sober people and I can enjoy that but there just comes a point at which your partner will not understand very much of what's going on in your head and vice versa and it can effect your trip negatively even if that other person is experienced they will still be quite far from your state of mind. That being said, she's your wife so any awkwardness should be easy to avoid at that stage haha hopefully.

Generally when people trip sit me I just avoid them to think about my own things because people detract from the more introspective process of tripping, you may feel more inclined to share things or give in to distractions when being social and it kills the lessons you may get from facing it alone. That being said I think it's a totally fine idea, my two cents is to try a full solo trip at some point as well. That's when I've learned the most and tripped the hardest.

thank you for the replies. I've certainly had trips that started as a group and ended solo but I have never had a "sober sitter" or anything of that nature.
my psych use is for introspective, therapeutic purposes, not getting loaded.

But yes, that is what I'm afraid of. even though she is well versed and understands and is my wife etc, at some point there will be a disconnect. my fear is that it will negatively effect the experience as I am one to worry if others are having fun etc.
I'm sure it will be highly valuable and therapeutic with my wife around, but part of me is a bit bummed she won't be joining this time.
I could always wait, but I've got that urge lol

dosage time is approximately 4 hours away
2cb tonight
LSD tomorrow

I will say that I don't use or abuse psychs often. been there, done that. a weekend of back to back tripping hasn't occurred for me in about a decade lol

Its all I do these days like in the company of my parents which when tripping balls trying to have a coversation or chat r cook the dinner can be more difficult because I'm tripping balls in my own world and they are as sober as hell. Its awkward but thats because I'm on it and sometimes I have a ball. Parents are easy going tolerating bunch. I have a good knack with the psychedelics so tripping alone does not daunt me and I'm pretty confident but not in an arogant egotistical way.

You get to use to doing once you start doing in my own opinion and from my own experiences.

Solo trips can be very rewarding. Doing it entirely by yourself is much different than having a sober sitter. Everyone recommends having a sober sitter, which makes sense if you're a noob I guess, but you seem experienced. I much prefer to trip with a group of friends, or entirely by myself. Last time I had a sober sitter she gave me a lot of anxiety by getting mad at me(for laughing when her bead bracelet broke, in my defense I was laughing at a blade of grass 5 minutes before) and not telling me some secrect she was withholding (which turned out to be that I was being really annoying). Long story short It ended up being the worst trip of my life and I ended up getting arrested because I got into a fight with my friend that randomly showed up at my house. He had a sun burn and I got stuck in this crazy thought loop that I needed to slap my friends shoulder. So I slapped his shoulder, he'd get mad at me for hurting his sun burn, anxiety intensified, repeat. It eventually escalated to me and him fist fighting in my back yard. Super long story short my friends got our entire friend group over at my house to try and calm me down, I felt scared and threatened because the guy I fought was extremely angry and bloody, and my face was beat to shit and I just thought they were all there to jump me. They couldn't calm me down and I was starting to get hostile at everyone that got near me so they called an ambulance. A police officer showed up first, I wouldn't calm down so he tazzed me. At that point I was convinced he was trying to kill me so I got into a first fight with the cop. End result, I got tazzed like 8 more times, busted my face open, and the cop got slammed to the ground and elbowed In the face. (Luckily i was in cuffs and couldn't hurt him too much or I probably would have gotten shot). It's not fun waking up from a trip handcuffed to gourny. Oh shit I'm so far off topic, I'm sorry. But yeah if you're tripping with someone with tripping experience then tell them what you want out of your experience And maybe even set up a time period to be by yourself, because it's stressful being on an entirely different level than your sitter and you're doing weird shit and you can't exactly explain why.

thanks again for the replies.
psych, that is a crazy story. I've been there myself actually, but with heroin and crack...the bad old days.

I am highly experienced with psychs, mainly the traditionals LSD, mushrooms, DMT and phens 2cb, mdma, mda. I never got on the RC bandwagon really.

I have a hard time dosing anything psychedelic these days. When I was a kid I pushed the limits daily. now I just love downers and trip occasionally to tap back into what is important. But it always scares the hell out of me, the thought of dropping that is. once I've crossed over I generally have a great time. fear of ego dissolution and overwhelming experience I guess as I have way overdone lsd and mushrooms in the past and, ya it can get pretty not fun.
Anyway, off topic.

I chose not to dose last night, as usual :(

As far as trip sitters go, I've never had one. Though if I had to pick someone that I believe wouldn't behave as the sitter psych posted about, it would be her. I wouldn't do it with anyone else these days.

Tripping alone has its pluses just like tripping with a group does. I like to split my distribution between the two at about half and half these days. Even in groups I often find myself wandering off to be alone with my mind if things are getting quite intense.

Tripping completely alone (with nobody else around) can be done if you're experienced but it's somewhat discouraged for safety reasons, and I personally find it less satisfying than social trips. ( That's probably because my work is somewhat solitary and I spend most of my day-to-day time alone, others have a different perspective. )

Having your wife sit for you though is perfect, should be a great experience. I've trip-sat for my significant other before, she had a good time and it was a good thing I was there. Go for it.

I've only ever tripped alone and I can't imagine tripping with other people. It's an immensely personal experience where I lose track of time, and space for that matter. I can only imagine it being quite messy if someone was in the room.

As Terence McKenna said: "I'm sure glad nobody's here to see this."

Tripping alone is the best way to do, other than tripping with awesome folk. Either/or i find will induce the same strength of experiences, but with different healing and recreational properties. I find solo tripping to be the most therapeutic, whilst tripping with a friend(s) to be the most recreational.

I only really take very high doses alone, but I alert someone to the fact that I'm dosing high. That way If I die, at least someone will know I died happy. A sitter is always recommended.

I'm not exactly sure why I am aprehnsive.
I have never taken a moderate dose of 2cb, only 5mg. With lsd I've done 25ug to about 300ug many times and mushrooms up to 10 grams dried, so I'm not inexperienced.
I've heard 2cb is rather clear in its cognitive aspect.

I too have hung out with my wife while she took lsd and.i did not. I suffer from chronic pain and often use other types of drugs to function.
needless to say, it was not awkward at all.

Apprehension, in my opinion, is a sign of a relatively and healthily aware participant. If you plan the trip for 1-2 weeks prior, you should find that your willingness increases greatly before dosing.

I agree, I definitely hold a strong respect for these compounds and their power.
I've been planning it for about a year lol and just pass it up each week, then it's back to work all week etc
the last time I had a full psychedelic experience was 150ug lsd July 2015. that was a good summer. mdma and lsd.

mdma doesn't give me these feelings, its the introspective, self awareness that hits you like a sledge hammer that tryptamines bring that causes apprehension.
I know 2cb is a phen, but from what I gather it is highly psychdelic.

the dose is about 22mg

2cb can be quite classically psychedelic. But it still falls somewhat short in bringing the mental capacity of LSD or shrooms. Phenethylamines in general as far as I can tell, are much easier to handle mentally than tryptamines or lysergamides by a large margin. At high dose, occasionally a phen will blow my mind, but not often enough to warrant using them more than once in a while. I prefer the tryps and lysergamides for heady psychedelia, and I use phens for more of a fun time, often mixing copious amounts of booze and weed. I don't really like "body highs" that much unless i'm really craving them. I'm just about done with MDMA. Too taxing, too much of a body high. I feel like I've outgrown it, but don't get me wrong I'll probably bomb 200mg within a year. Eventually, that desire for that rush comes back.

At 22mg with no tolerance, I bet youll be blown away, but it'll be awesome.

I did LSD alone and it went fine, don't think I would like to do shrooms on my own.

I know 2cb is a phen, but from what I gather it is highly psychdelic.

2cb can be quite classically psychedelic. But it still falls somewhat short in bringing the mental capacity of LSD or shrooms. Phenethylamines in general as far as I can tell, are much easier to handle mentally than tryptamines or lysergamides by a large margin.

More than half of my trips were on my own. In my experience, social anxiety makes it really hard for me to trip with more than 2 or 3 close friends. 2c-b, though, is an exception: I've dosed on a festival and another time in a pool party with about 10 friends, with no social worries (in the festival I felt like my sunglasses would block any bad vibes from strangers) and amazing perception of sound, colours and other forms of life - plants, insects etc.

So 2c-b seems like a good choice too for a first solo trip. It's closer to being a foolproof psychedelic than mushrooms or lsd.

I wouldn't say all phenethylamines are "easy", though. 2c-e and 2c-p can get quite profound, flooring me with geometric symmetries across the room and ego dissolution. I love them but I'd never say they're easy, not to mention the long duration for 2c-p.

An advice for solo tripping: good headphones and some music in well-recorded stereo (left/right channel separation)

I have had a few trips with/around other people but I find having to associate with other people kind of takes away from the trip as you are less focused on what's happening with yourself.

90% of the time I trip with my gf as my trip sitter and there's so many positive reasons to have her there she completely understands she always thinks of fun activities to do and she goes and buys me what ever I need at the time so I don't have to deal with people sso that's nice....then there's the sex as well

But my favourite trips are when I'm alone I get to reflect on me fully emerse myself in the trip and just enjoy it.

I regularly consumed magic truffles in amsterdam, some sessions some considerable doses and always just had an absolute positive blast, lots of smoking, giggling, i guess a little paranoia , many moments of awe but more giggly chatty.

At this point ive never really read much into 'the psychedelic experience'. Anyway it wasnt until I got my hands on some lsd and did it on my own that i ever really felt 'rocked' by psilocybin. its still the same if i do shrooms or lucy in a group compared to solo, my solo trips are SO SO much more introspective, thought provoking where the groups are mostly just having a bubble with a bit of a weird vibe......thats my 2 pence anyway! :)

This is basically how I trip 90% of the time. The other 10% is either with my older brother or maybe at a party/festival. Most of my trips are relatively spontaneous and I will always interact with people, often hang out with my girlfriend for parts of the experience, but more often than not it is me alone feeling the drugs. Of course, it is safer to have someone with you the whole time, have a sitter or whatnot but I've never specifically done that and usually just hope for the best. I have relatively good control over my actions on psychedelics so feel quite confident I will stay safe (and free). For certain drugs, specifically physically taxing ones such as mescaline or ayahuasca, I would always inform my partner or nearby humans, but if its something simpler like LSD or 2C-D, I just go for it.

I especially find being alone valuable for higher dose or more debilitating drug experiences, though it is safer to keep people around you. For strong, inebriating dissociative experiences, I have no interest in trying to communicate with people, this also applies to things like DMT or 5-MeO-DMT; being alone is much simpler and it becomes easier to lose myself in the feelings.

I think its something that you can look into after gaining experience tripping by doing it with others. Its always wise to have that sort of safety net, the familiar face and the close companion to really vibe off when you start trying these drugs, but after a while tripping alone becomes much more appealing. At least for me itt did.