• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What do I need a know about buprenorphine

bomber

Bluelighter
So since it was too dificult to quit heroin cold turkey I'm gonna do it with subs. I'm taking buprenorphine hydrochloride. My girl says I put it under my tongue and wait until it melts, and also that I shouldn't drink water for an hour after I take it for it will reduce the effect.
She also said I need to wait about 8 hours since my last use of heroin other wise the interaction of the 2 substances will have terrible effects. Is that true?
Anything else I need to be careful of?

You'll need more than 8 hours after heroin use to take buprenorphine. You need to be in pretty active withdrawal before taking it.

You could go into severe withdrawal, very quickly. Taking buprenorphine too soon after stopping other opioids can result in severe withdrawal.

You need to be in withdrawal to take buprenorphine. Otherwise it will put you into withdrawal.

You could go into severe withdrawal, very quickly. Taking buprenorphine too soon after stopping other opioids can result in severe withdrawal.

You need to be in withdrawal to take buprenorphine. Otherwise it will put you into withdrawal.
The thing is I reduced my doses quite a bit and thus today I didn't feel the wds to be as bad as the last couple of days.
Is there a danger that even if I wait long enough, I'll get the side effects you mention just because my wds aren't severe enough anymore?

Bupe is antagonist so removes dope from your receptors is why. Take like .5mg and see , if you feel sick enough to try some.

If you are puking and eyes are yawning non stop you are probably ready.

Take a small dose like .5mg. Wait an hour. See how you feel. You don't need much of it really judging by your last post. Look up the cows scale. You can google it up. Bupe induction, etc.

But also yeah, you put it under your tongue. Look under the tongue, those veins absorb it. When you put it there, put it on a vein and lock your tongue down. It will absorb in like 15.

You want to wait till you are sick before taking it. Plus, if you aren't sick why take it now and risk it?

Obviously if you never get sick you never needed in the first place. But you will get sick, eventually.

You want to wait till you are sick before taking it. Plus, if you aren't sick why take it now and risk it?

Obviously if you never get sick you never needed in the first place. But you will get sick, eventually.
Honestly it's kind of a frustrating situation. I do feel very dysphoric and am craving a lot, while my nose runs a little and I'm a little drawsy. But earlier this week the symptoms where worse, like I wanted toilet 3-4 times a day, couldn't find a balance between being too cold or too hot, sweeted a lot couldn't eat and was a lot more disphoric. I don't have all that now.
So the frustrating part is that I'm
Sick enough to wanna take the pill to get through this painlessly but I'm not sick enough to say "yeah these are the wds I was waiting for, it's safe to take it now"

Honestly it's kind of a frustrating situation. I do feel very dysphoric and am craving a lot, while my nose runs a little and I'm a little drawsy. But earlier this week the symptoms where worse, like I wanted toilet 3-4 times a day, couldn't find a balance between being too cold or too hot, sweeted a lot couldn't eat and was a lot more disphoric. I don't have all that now.
So the frustrating part is that I'm
Sick enough to wanna take the pill to get through this painlessly but I'm not sick enough to say "yeah these are the wds I was waiting for, it's safe to take it now"

As difficult as it may be... you should really wait until you start to feel the withdrawal symptoms I've highlighted; and what others have suggested.

When I was coming off of 400 mg a day Oxy habit I was shitting 3-4 per hour at least! Pure liquid as well :(

It will burn out your receptors and give you a terrible tolerance quickly with little usage