• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What can people do to help those in detox? What have you found helpful??

Kismet555

Greenlighter
Hey all. I’m hoping you can help me. I’m starting to detox and my husband asked what he do to help. I’m not sure. What have you found helpful from others while you were going through wds.

Alm i I can think of now is positive talk. Remind me of happy times in sobriety. Talk of trips we will take. Describe the feeling of being free from drugs. Not having to worry about supply or having enough money. (My husband has been sober for 15 years. We met in AA. But he has never used opiates nor has he gone through wds.

So help me help him so can help me lol. Please.

Just being there for you, getting you food and drink when needed, maybe a massage when you're muscles and bones are really aching, keeping dry clothes ready to go on when you sweat through the ones you're wearing, staying positive, taking care of household things for a while.

If he's working, and needs sleep, you should probably stay on the couch, unless the twisting and turning you'll be doing won't wake him.

Sex can be helpful as it stimulates endorphin production

I took an absurd amount of baths. I avoided the worst of the acute detox with a short sub taper but still had a week of intense pain, even in my breasts, and two weeks after stopping sub my stomach and pain tolerance are shot.

Don't use, make a meeting, and talk about where you're at...and if that don't work...talk about where you're at, make a meeting, and don't use. In all seriousness, the nervousness of opening my mouth in a meeting definitely softened the withdrawal, along with just feeling the energy of other people.

Edit:

And ElleAZ 1956 days without a mood or mind altering substance and I still haven't taken a solid dump, but my life is amazing.

Last edited: