• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Out of the Silent Planet C.S. Lewis Enjoyed this work.. just a cool science fiction work.
Roughing It Mark Twain I enjoyed this as well but the racism of those times and his work stains a brilliant writer.
The Dopefiend by JaQuavis Coleman.. Awful.. The literary accomplishment of see spot run, see dick fail at hustling and see Jane be a hood junkie.
Never Enough by Judith Grisel about a dope fiend turned neuroscientist and the neuroscience off addiction.

Utopia by Sir Thomas More is next

It was a sign the artist was alongside an art that exceeded him.

Are you referring to Twain here hydro? Your statement's profound and I'd love to know what its saying.

Utopia got shelved rather quickly as Tommy's idea of a utopia included slavery, exploitation, war , a very inclusive death penalty, forced relocation and removal from family but almost no divorce, large amounts of oversite by regulatory bodies, parents and spouses, not to mention a whole fuck ton of laws that result in slavery, death and other major suffering. In all truth, I was horrified by this proposal.

and the institutional dining hall plan

That and the use of real wealth as payment.. I think that payment with elaborate adorned paper and most generously offering the privilege and freedom, to even the least deserving, of the ability to contribute up to 35% of their acquired elaborately adorned paper annually towards the unneeded luxury of medicine and health care. Yes this would be all the wealthy reward needed to maintain a sixty a week till their 65 workforce.

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk I loved it and will not talk about why.. ever.

Last edited:
~Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson

~The Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success by Deepak Chopra

Are you referring to Twain here hydro? Your statement's profound and I'd love to know what its saying.
it’s a quote from The Topeka School by lerner. while surprisingly good for a book club book, the novel as a whole isn’t as profound.

not sure what context can succinctly be given to expound on the idea. it’s restated in less poignant wording 50 or so pages later. i’ll post it next time i have my e-reader and phone out at the same time.

i only got 25 or so pages into Damned before returning it unfinished, which is absurdly rare for me. likely because i was obsessed with however you spell that author’s name in my early adolescence, and decided that is not how i want to revisit.

Last edited:
it’s a quote from The Topeka School by lerner. while surprisingly good for a book club book, the novel as a whole isn’t as profound.

not sure what context can succinctly be given to expound on the idea. it’s restated in less poignant wording 50 or so pages later. i’ll post it next time i have my e-reader and phone out at the same time.

i only got 25 or so pages into Damned before returning it unfinished, which is absurdly rare for me. likely because i was obsessed with however you spell that author’s name in my early adolescence, and decided that is not how i want to revisit.

I don't think I would have enjoyed it much as an adolescent either, I would have been incapable of recognizing all the rich dark humor about teenagers. Maybe give it another go sometime. Thought it fell off just a bit in the very end and the novel stages seemed to have multiple personalities,

Micromegas by Voltaire I think ill have to reread this as I did not grasp what the fuck he was trying to say to me
Stone Crusher by Jeremy Dronefield Story of a father and son that made it through the nazi concentration camps. That multiple genocide is so wrong its hard to process.

Last edited:
Marie Anne sits in the garden pushing the pram against the wall with her foot. Then pulling it back with a piece of string.

And “real” embraces dwindle to nothingness, become banal compared with this possibility which she has dreamed of, has believed in for so long, because it is unique and is not spoilt by any over-familiar gestures, by words whose expression are boring or embarrassing.

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy and The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky are on deck.

I'm a third into 2000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "The Brothers Karamazov"

Started to read Dostoevsky month ago. Read "Crime and Punishment", "Notes From Underground" and now half way through this one. I will not give opinion or review cause that would be pretentious. I believe that people have already read his works and it is obvious I like him as I am continuing to read his books one after the other.

The unexpected didn’t exist and the miracle was the revealed movement of things; had a rose blossomed in her body, Virgínia would have plucked it with care and with it adorned her hair without smiling.

The Spinoza Problem by I. D, Yalom.. finishing it tomorrow and really enjoyed it. Just clearly defines the eventual death of mystic religion in a grand Spinoza Nazi tale.

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things, Bryn Greenwood

Complex and unnerving. Great writing. Meth disfunction, forbidden pedophile love, and a beautiful rainbow onslaught with a mouthful from everyone.

Tales of Ordinary Madness, Charles Bukowski liking it

Still need to role God of Small and Brothers