• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you currently reading? v2

Sounds like my kinda thing. Can you tell us the title/author?

Also: if you're into the history of Glasgow, I can thoroughly recommend the Hidden Glasgow forums. I've just recently discovered the site and it's taken over my life, it's so damn interesting!

They Belonged to Glasgow by Rudolph Kenna and Iain Sutherland. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the website rec!

The P & J, heh. I know it well. Union Street is quite a bizarre piece of construction. It's hard to imagine Union Bridge looking like a normal bridge, without the shops.

I remember reading the P&J when I lived further north. Ever heard of the Raggie or the Inverness Courier?

Tom Wolf - The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test

Courtsey of inflo for this book as a pressie <3

They Belonged to Glasgow by Rudolph Kenna and Iain Sutherland. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the website rec!

Hah, nice one. My library's got it. Cheers!

I remember reading the P&J when I lived further north. Ever heard of the Raggie or the Inverness Courier?

Nope. I was a north-easter, not a full teuchter. ;)

Hah, nice one. My library's got it. Cheers!

Nope. I was a north-easter, not a full teuchter. ;)

Haha! I've lived practically everywhere in Scotland, even the kilts and sheep parts.

51ddLeN0FCL._SL500_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

They Belonged to Glasgow by Rudolph Kenna and Iain Sutherland. I really enjoyed it.

Got it from the library today - looks great! Cheers for the recommendation, I'll be getting in aboot it over the next couple of days. :)

Got it from the library today - looks great! Cheers for the recommendation, I'll be getting in aboot it over the next couple of days. :)

I'm people are enjoying my recs!

Today I'm reading a pirated orgo textbook. I've been dipping in and out of it for the past few days. Much of it I already know, but there's some stuff I could brush up on. At any rate, the exercises are fun. I fucking love chem.

I'm people are enjoying my recs!

Today I'm reading a pirated orgo textbook. I've been dipping in and out of it for the past few days. Much of it I already know, but there's some stuff I could brush up on. At any rate, the exercises are fun. I fucking love chem.

May I ask which OrgChem book you're reading? Or at what level? I could suggest many decent Organic/Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry books, if you'd like?
Are you studying Chem academically or just as a hobby/educational exercise?

May I ask which OrgChem book you're reading? Or at what level? I could suggest many decent Organic/Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry books, if you'd like?
Are you studying Chem academically or just as a hobby/educational exercise?

Introduction to Organic Chemistry by William Brown and Thomas Poon. I covered most of the stuff in online reading. I'd love to hear your suggestions! Right now it's a hobby, but I hope to go to uni and do pharmacology.

kids book: the amber spy glass by philip pullman interspersed with james joyce's dubliners.

I liked the golden compass or northern lights first one in the trilogy. and science text books, easy science text books

Latest edition of SciAm. I also have the New Yorker and, er, yesterday's Metro (it would make good fire material if we were to build one in the middle of the floor).

master.jpg

SOOOooo, soooo good.

I can see why it's your fave MSB, you arrogant twat ;p .... giants n that ... n' god n' everyfink.

Skillful ploting, insanely well written ... a thousand lessons interwoven into a pleasure to reread.

(kudos to the Loungeliers, and EADD's fabulous plain Jane, but I'm not playing and I don't want my ball back either.)

Read the book. Then you can quote it with personal conviction

<3

I've just acquired the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft on my kindle... never read any of his books before but looking forward to it.

Currently started on At the Mountains of Madness... yet to get far in but shall see how it progresses. :)

currently reading "on the road" and wondering why it's taken me 5+ years to actually pick up one of kerouac's books, as i'm really enjoying it. planning to sink my teeth into 'the brothers karamazov' over christmas. <3 dostoevsky

I've just acquired the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft on my kindle... never read any of his books before but looking forward to it.

Currently started on At the Mountains of Madness... yet to get far in but shall see how it progresses. :)

I find the mythology and "feel/mood" much better than the actual writing, which felt at times somewhat pretentious. ..

I'm currently re-reading Neon Angel by Cherie Currie. Joan Jett will forever be my favourite member of The Runways, but I always overlooked Cherie until reading this. This woman went through hell and back, and now she's a wood-carving chainsaw artist. <3

There's some typos and a few annoying aspects to this biography, but overall, I really admire her honesty and strength.

YKBSBMsoceAU.jpg