• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What are the shadow people that people see/encounter on meth are they ghosts?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
I have never used meth, and do not ever want to.

But I've known people who have and read about people on here who said they would see the shadow people while on it.

Is this from lack of sleep? Or is it how meth supposedly mimics Schizophrenia in some ways? Or do you believe that the shadow people are ghosts, entities, demons, or something else?

No sleep, diet, and dopamine depletion all play a role I think. Not sure about the dopamine... I assume it plays a part though.

I believe it depends from what perspective you are trying to figure this out.
If one person uses too much of these sort of drugs including Crack and Cocaine I believe your mental state may be at the same level as a schizophrenic person at some point, for sometime - so I've read about it.

There are people who firmly believe that being in contact with drugs that produce these visions that often may affect your spiritual side due to its negativity and constant problems with family, friends, being at the edge of having an OD.

Maybe a combination factors like lack of sleep, paranoia, fear, addiction, mental problems and I wouldn't doubt if one starts to get into such negativity state that your mind will simply connect those visions with unconscious images you've seen during all of your life.

I don't discard the possibility, I just find it difficult to prove.

I've never used stimulants long enough to see the 'shadow people'.

I once used ethylphenidate and stayed up for 5 days and weirdly only hallucinated once and it wasn't a 'shadow person'.

The one time I stayed up 3 days on 4-fluoro-methamphetamine I didn't see jack but was I was paranoid by the end and ended up sedated myself.

I think the shadow people are just hallucinations of our mind, nothing more. Our mind sees and tries to see patterns, and I think it's just putting the hallucinations into shadown people form to make it easier for us to experience. They're never fully 3D people with alot of detail because they're not real and it's just the way the mind trys to make sense out of what's happening.

Maybe it's just a negative feedback loop to scare you into sleep.

Last edited:
Never used the stuff nor intend to but I find the topic very interesting for some reason. First off, I am 100% sure folks from "the other side" can be contacted, occasionally seen and often heard (with EVP devices) beyond any doubt. As crazy at it might be for spirits to favor contacting heavy meth users for some reason, I seriously doubt it's the case. But it might be an interesting study, no? However, from everything I've read, I believe it's an extension of the paranoia symptoms a heavy user might get. I think with being "on the edge" checking on sounds you hear, things you might see etc., it's not hard to believe that your psyche could conjure up a "shadow" person. Kind of verifying your paranoia, you know? Does that make any sense to anyone?

Never used the stuff nor intend to but I find the topic very interesting for some reason. First off, I am 100% sure folks from "the other side" can be contacted, occasionally seen and often heard (with EVP devices) beyond any doubt. As crazy at it might be for spirits to favor contacting heavy meth users for some reason, I seriously doubt it's the case. But it might be an interesting study, no? However, from everything I've read, I believe it's an extension of the paranoia symptoms a heavy user might get. I think with being "on the edge" checking on sounds you hear, things you might see etc., it's not hard to believe that your psyche could conjure up a "shadow" person. Kind of verifying your paranoia, you know? Does that make any sense to anyone?

Yes it does make sense. I have never used an EVP device or any other sort of equipment like that to find people/spirits/entities, etc., or even done a seance. Have you ever done any of that?

Hey Priest - I wish!! No, a bunch of shows have popped up in the past few years (Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters and Ghost Asylum are the "live" ones I can recall) and I really get a kick out of them. I mean on one, they used "trigger items" from the Civil War to help contact spirits in what used to be a make-shift field hospital. They actually got one guy to give his name. Researchers went back to records kept from the area and they were able to locate this same guy. They verified he was shot and ended up dying in the same field hospital. Damn! UFB!!

How can anyone who saw that not be seriously wigged out. Shit, I was creeped out most of the night, but more freakin' impressed that sort of thing was even possible. Sorry for going on but the subject is something that really gets me going. Do you have any experience(s) with the paranormal?

Those "ghost hunter" TV Shows are a fucking Joke. It's like a giant circlejerk. When you have run out of everything original, you start chasing ghosts around with a camera and put this utter crap on television. It's not even entertaining.

I have never used meth, and do not ever want to.

But I've known people who have and read about people on here who said they would see the shadow people while on it.

Is this from lack of sleep? Or is it how meth supposedly mimics Schizophrenia in some ways? Or do you believe that the shadow people are ghosts, entities, demons, or something else?

If you look at a white screen you can definitely see small (less than 0.5cm) shadows that form then disperse randomly, across all area of the screen, basically everywhere where there's white light... but this can be anything. It's nothing to worry about. It looks like this:

(images removed, please see next post!)

Last edited:
I'll give you a much better picture in a second...ok here it is. This is SPOT ON, like, this is exactly what you would see while looking at a blank computer screen:

http://s3.postimg.org/6wo2ky5jn/Untitled.jpg

The shapes and paterns would reconfigure randomly in all directions without you doing anything.

Last edited:
There's no doubt there only hallucination, sorry to burst anyone bubble but shadow people do not exist.

I believe entities do exist but are not visible in this realm/dimension. It simply is poor
nutrition and sleep deprivation to explain. The "other side" has always been a gaint mystery though.

I use quite regular and it mainly comes down to lack of sleep and food!
I see shadows in the corner of my eye but you can never actully catch the shadow if that makes sense and this normally only comes after a binge, around the 3rd day.
Also you can hear noises! Depends on the person but it can be anything from footsteps to police sirens.

Im not sure there ghost but just your mind playing tricks as pazzing out is the side effect of a binge.

its not that i actually see people or hallucinate things happening its just like part of your eye is almost going blind...then when you're laying down to go to sleep yeah shit gets really weird and some things that have happened to me in that state of *almost sleep* after a binge is unexlainable. your brain is very powerful.

when the visual hallucinations start syncing up with the auditory ones after a 7 day binge, that is when you can lose your fucking mind, believe me.

I went on a week long IV coke and heroin bender. I didn't use the H for the first four days and I probably wouldn't have if it were not for the shadow people. It most definitely is your mind playing tricks on you. I kept thinking I would see someone quickly moving around a corner, so I would go in that room and flip all the lights on....nope nothing was in there. Or I would think I would here something in my bathroom like the water running...and I would completely convince myself that someone was in there using my soap to wash their hands....for some reason that pissed me off. So I would stomp in there and flip lights on....nope nobody. I finally called my H dude and had him drop me something off. Shadow people are def not for me. I think it is your brain making up plausible explanations for auditory and visual hallucinations you are having and in hour stimulated state you tend to believe it.

Worst vacation ever.

i believe some people can see into the other dimension, or "ethereal plane" when affected by certain drugs. also there are types of meditation that can also bring you to this place. meth is mostly associated with dark and evil spirits and ghosts. with mushrooms and other entheogens you have the possibility of having an uplifting and good experience and possibly even relate to and communicate with higher beings. I know someone who i have been friends with since we were 3 years old. i know this person very well. we have been thru a lot of shit together.. he doesnt make shit up or lie to me. i was with him when he had been up for 8 days on meth and had then done some cocaine. he OD'd probably because of the lack of food and sleep then cocaine use. he was unconcious and i was trying to revive him, splashing water on his face and stuff. anyway after maybe 3 minutes he came back around.. i was about to call an ambulance. he immediately asked me did u see them??? i was like who?? and he then told me how he had seen many demons who were trying to pull him from his body to take him to hell. the detail and way he described it sent shivers down my spine and i completely believe he actually saw them. in many religions there are described agents of the god of death who take you to the god of death to be judged after you die.. so i know everyone believes different things.. but he saw them for real

its not that i actually see people or hallucinate things happening its just like part of your eye is almost going blind...then when you're laying down to go to sleep yeah shit gets really weird and some things that have happened to me in that state of *almost sleep* after a binge is unexlainable. your brain is very powerful.

when the visual hallucinations start syncing up with the auditory ones after a 7 day binge, that is when you can lose your fucking mind, believe me.

7 days without deep sleep? Not even a nap? Lol.

I've seen them, and in the halcyon days of my degenerate drug using youth, drove around back country roads looking for them with the headlights off and a gun in my lap and a terrified girlfriend in the passenger seat. That was a bad time. Luckily everyone made it out alive and not in prison.

The shadow people phenomenon is real, common and it is 100% psychotomimetic dopamine stuff. Not at all unlike what goes on endogenously for my schizophrenic patients. The interesting thing about it is that it somewhat reliably repeats between different users. Just like bugs, which is reliably repeatable enough to actually have a medical name (formication.)

But the shadow folks don't exist, except in the addled brains of tweakers, some of whom get pretty well acquainted with them. Anyone who tells you they do is way gone, delusional, or projecting their metaphysical beliefs onto their drug experiences. Same goes for DMT elves and all the other "entities" that drugs "help you contact." Neurochemically mediated manifestations of your own mind, good or bad, for better or for worse.

maybe. but honestly you can't say that for sure. any more than i can say for sure that i talked to dead people and my ancestors for hours after (stupidly) consuming datura flowers. thats a whole nother story lol

One of the many reasons meth has never appealed to me. And yeah, if you want a family get together from what I've read datura will give you that. Main problem is you may very well end up running down the street naked and trying to break into someone's house without even remembering it. Most hardcore psychonauts won't even touch that stuff and for good reason, but I digress.