• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What am I supposed to feel on valium? When will it kick in?

Yes is the simple answer, Do not mix benzodiazepines with any other depressants or drugs in general. I stand by this statement firmly.

Take them as prescribed by your GP.

So There You Have It, den4.

As you can see from all the replies, some from who have a lot of experience with this stuff, Just Don't Mix Benzo's And Alcohol.

It isn't worth taking the chance, and if you just want to get "Mellow" or "Relaxed", there are safer, and even easier, ways to do it.

Personally, I tend to take many "Risks" in life. That's just the way I'm "wired"....Kind of a "No Guts, No Glory" kind of thing. But the "Glory" of taking the chances involved with mixing alcohol with benzodiazepines just isn't worth it.

Hopefully you will take the advise you've been given.

Good Luck.

R.

Flexure, you should have had some benzos or opiates while crawling through muddy ditches behind the gods arse as it will take most edge out of it :)

Trust me I know that.

As they say there are no atheists in foxholes - unless they are high on benzos or opiates.

Hello MrRoot.

Yes, those experiences were a "Massive Adrenaline Rush" where once you get in them, there's no turning back, even if you wanted to.

Perhaps an "OORAH" is in order?

Take Care.

R.

So if I just had valium, the next time I can have alcohol is in 4 days and 4 hours which is 1оо h???

So if I just had valium, the next time I can have alcohol is in 4 days and 4 hours which is 1оо h???

No "den4". You don't have to wait THAT LONG.

I think this "Half-Life" stuff you're hearing about is a bit more complex than you realize.

Without getting into a whole lot of chemistry, if you took 5mg's of Valium right now, you'd be fine to have a few drinks in 8 hours or so.

I realize that might sound contradictory to what has been said, but your body will have metabolized enough of that 5mg of Valium to where you'll be alright.

If you washed down 4, 5mg tablets of Valium with a shot of Jack Daniels, and kept drinking, that would be a whole other story.

Worrying about drinking "a few" (2 or 3, 12 ounce) beers, 6 - 8 hours after you take 5mg's of Valium isn't necessary.

But I don't know you, and you might be the type of person who after 2 -3 beers, feels the euphoria from the alcohol, and becomes uninhibited enough to pop another 5mg's of Valium, then keeps on drinking, popping even more Valium, and on, and on, and on.

R.

Last edited:
Well, it seems to me that taking valium on its own doesnt have any effect. But in mix with weed, I dont give a damn about anything in the world. And Im usually very рaranoid on weed. I was just told by my gf something very bad, and sober me would be jealous and angry as fuck. Now it seems I dont care as much and not angry or worried.. 3o mg does a trick.

Well, it seems to me that taking valium on its own doesnt have any effect. But in mix with weed, I dont give a damn about anything in the world. And Im usually very рaranoid on weed. I was just told by my gf something very bad, and sober me would be jealous and angry as fuck. Now it seems I dont care as much and not angry or worried.. 3o mg does a trick.

"den4"....I don't know what you consider "something very bad", but I learned not to (or be very mindful if I did), drink for all the wrong reasons.

3 (+/-) day parties with "around-the-clock" live music were, and are, great (although the hang-overs afterwards were, and can be, pretty bad at times).

By the same token, there were times if I would drink because I was Angry, Frustrated, Etc., and it turned into an extreme and intense, miserable 5 (+/-) day binge of heavy drinking, my original reason for drinking seemed at least10 time worse than when I started. Coming out of those type binges was one of the most horrible physical and psychological experiences I've ever had. Sometimes it would take me 5 days to get back to being myself. It might of felt like the thing to do at the time, but it definitely wasn't worth it in the end, when I then had to deal with whatever, with a clouded head.

I'm telling you this because you've been asking all of these questions about drinking and taking Valium at the same time, and now your saying "you were just told by your gf something very bad, and sober you would be jealous and angry as fuck". And you're also saying you took 30mg's of Valium and "Now it seems you don't care as much and not angry or worried.. 30mg does a trick".

I don't necessarily consider it a "bad thing" to take moderate (or even slightly more if it's safe) amount something to, at the least, take the edge off if you're really stressed out, but I hope you don't plan to stay anesthetized with that amount of Valium, and start drinking on top of that.

I'm not just pulling words out of my hat here....I'm speaking from experience,

Stay Safe.

R.

Last edited:
Personally tried valium and nimetazepam. Valium felt rather weak in terms of potency. Tried benzo with alcohol and I'm probably never doing it again.

I was talking about the mix with weed, not booze.

I know how dangerous and intense alcohol can be. I used do drink 1 or 2 bottles of wine every day for the duration of 4 months.. Dont wanna go back.

"den4".

I really don't think mixing Valium with "weed" would be bad, as long as you don't decide to drive, etc.

That's only been my personal experience from years ago, and alot of things seem to act differently with me, as opposed to some people.

R.

Last edited:
Yeah don't drive. My buddy totaled 5 cars and I popped 6 tires in a year. Everytime we thought we were sober and everyone else thought we were fine, but we just made stupid mistakes.

With 5mg diazepam you will feel only a small relaxation. Diazepam is felt good among 10mg and 50mg. When I was prescribed diazepam I was prescribed daily two tablets of 25mg diazepam daily, so 50mg diazepam a day