• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

What’s Lost When Psychedelic Mushrooms Become Synthetic Psilocybin

KS78

Bluelighter
"After being introduced to sacred mushrooms by Mazatec curandera (healer) María Sabina, Wasson arranged to have a sample sent to Albert Hofmann—the famed father of LSD—who isolated its active molecule: psilocybin.

“We explained to María Sabina that we had isolated the spirit of the mushrooms and that it was now in these little pills,” Hofmann said in an unpublished interview. “When we left, María Sabina told us that these tablets really contained the spirit of the mushrooms.”

Source: https://doubleblindmag.com/synthetic-psilocybin-sabina-wasson/

Baeocystin is lost and possibly trace quantities of unidentified tryptamines. Inactive fungal plant matter... Also a good dose of placebogenic spiritualist jumbo jumbo. That's my take on it, much as I love mushrooms, tryptamines, and the ephemeral substance I described in the previous sentence.

But wait - Maria Sabina DID agree synthetic psilocybin contained mushroom spirit? So, presumably, she didn't think anything of consequence was lost?

^ Couldn't have said it better Vastness. My faith goes to Maria Sabina's opinion!