thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

West Virginia Senate enhances drug penalties to felony

John Raby
AP
28 Feb 2023

Excerpt:
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia’s Senate passed a bill Tuesday that would make it a felony to possess fentanyl and some other illegal drugs in the opioid-ravaged state.

The bill passed on a 32-1 vote and now goes before the House of Delegates. The regular session ends March 11.

Republican Sen. Charles Trump, of Morgan County, said the idea behind enhancing penalties for drug possession from a misdemeanor is to move those cases from magistrate court to circuit court, where there are more resources and programs available, including drug treatment courts and supervised probation.

Besides fentanyl, the drugs designated in the bill are heroin, cocaine, PCP, LSD and methamphetamine.

Jesus Christ. Yea those LSD addicts need all the resources they can get, thankfully with felonies they’ll do plenty of time where they can rehabilitate. Oh and with lack of future job opportunities it’ll give them more time to volunteer and give back to the community.

-GC

Nice.. they finally figured it out.. wait thats the same life and family unit crushing approach thats never worked and comes with a bunch of added negative side effects that further ravage society exacerbating overall harm. Bust into that windfall WV needs a bunch a new cages!!

Last edited:
LOL it's funny that PCP is still on the five panel drug test and still pops up in legislation like this. When was the last time that was around in a big way, like the 70s lol?

LOL it's funny that PCP is still on the five panel drug test and still pops up in legislation like this. When was the last time that was around in a big way, like the 70s lol?
It's still popular in a couple regions of America, but nah it's not really widely available or used. I think it's silly too about the five panel.

Nothing from WV surprises me anymore.
Maybe they need more inmates since covid made everyone release some. Gotta get paid longer the installments (years) the better.
Basterds

Nothing from WV surprises me anymore.
Maybe they need more inmates since covid made everyone release some. Gotta get paid longer the installments (years) the better.
Basterds
West Virginia has a desolate economy so yeah, nothing they do really surprises me in regards to catching tax dollars.