• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Were you introduced to drugs or found them yourself?

Absolutely. I was sold on “better living through chemistry” the first time I tried weed, as well. The problem becomes when you have no other coping skills so every time things go wrong you retreat to the same solution, which is drugs.
I was also like that. And than I got cured some more with MDMA. And than some more with LSD. And than some more with ketamine. And than some more with.. List went on and on but with time I less and less often visited psychedelics and started using opiods and benzos to cope. I believe that psychedelics will help me once again get into more balanced drug diet. But what I won’t do is become a stoner again as level of my weed use for a decade+ was such that I in fact felt less damage from “hard drugs”.

Absolutely. I was sold on “better living through chemistry” the first time I tried weed, as well. The problem becomes when you have no other coping skills so every time things go wrong you retreat to the same solution, which is drugs.
I was also like that. And than I got cured some more with MDMA. And than some more with LSD. And than some more with ketamine. And than some more with.. List went on and on but with time I less and less often visited psychedelics and started using opiods and benzos to cope. I believe that psychedelics will help me once again get into more balanced drug diet. But what I won’t do is become a stoner again as level of my weed use for a decade+ was such that I in fact felt less damage from “hard drugs”.

I'm pretty sure drugs found me. I started smoking weed in 1969 at the age of 17. Somehow I knew after the first few times that things would never be quite the same again. I didn't start because my home life sucked, or because of some childhood trauma. I got high BECAUSE I LIKE IT! I honestly believe that becoming a drug user is predestined. Yep, only two categories in this particular game; user or not an user. And if you fall into the former categorie, you can fight it all you want but sooner or later the drugs are gonna win. Better living through chemistry I always say!

I'm 69 now and slowing down is not an option. I guess I'm a functioning addict. I've always had a job, got married, raised two kids. And I had a blast doing it!

I'd have to say that my first "drug" was Benadryl (diphenhydramine) when I was little and my parents would use it to help me fall asleep. But I don't blame them at all.

My first self-sought drug was alcohol when I was 25, and it was all downhill from there.

No one introduced me really. I went out looking for acid, speed, etc starting about 13.

I was 11 years old and my older sister wanted me to smoke weed. I resisted at first, but she basically forced me to. Slightly ironic since I turned into the druggie and she didn't.