• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Were you introduced to drugs or found them yourself?

wirkdy

Bluelighter
Probably most people got into drugs because someone close already used them and made you try them but some exceptions exist.

I was introduced by friends to weed, hash and lsd, as for weed we were at a public park the first time and laughed a lot! Hash came later as it was not so common and felt much stronger, then lsd also at the park. Then I tried heroin, ket and shrooms by myself...what about you? Who introduced you to what and what did you experiment by yourself?

I was already a pot smoker by the time I went to college, but college exacerbated my latent addict tendencies, lol. I was a fucked up kid from the start, always had been (just re-read my psych evaluation from when I was 13 years old. I pity my mom!) but maybe that’s what happens when you slowly lose your hearing and become aware that you’ll eventually lose it all for no reason that anyone can explain to you..yeah that’ll fuck you up even if you DIDNT have a genetic tendency to mental illness (runs on my dad’s side)

So anyway I got to college and after I got bored of just weed I had a friend telling me “yo you gotta try this e pill, it’s the bomb” (it was the 90s forgive my lingo) and then next thing you know you’re masturbating in public at a rave and groping random strangers

So yeah maybe a LITTLE bit influenced by my friends but I was so ready to be influenced lmao

I sought them out all myself.

I had never tried weed but I knew of a weed dealer at school. I asked him to buy some and did it on my own.

Similar story for heroin.

I think that in my new life, alcohol was easy to discover. But than, the drug came a different way. Which could be said introduced?

I sought them out all myself.

I had never tried weed but I knew of a weed dealer at school. I asked him to buy some and did it on my own.

Similar story for heroin.
Quite unusual! how old were you with weed? and what about h? how did you take it the first time?

Every drug I ever tried I sought out on my own. Cigarettes at age 6, alcohol at 10. Didn't get the chance to try weed till I was 12--- but I'd been curious about it for at least a couple of years. By 14, I was eagerly trying anything I could get my hands on. For a long time I swore I'd never use a needle, but at 27 I abruptly changed my mind about that, too.

I already knew I liked opiates so I was definitely keen to give heroin a shot XD

... Would have found some by myself sooner or later, but conveniently my best mate was a junkie so I didn't have far to look.

Quite unusual! how old were you with weed? and what about h? how did you take it the first time?

The first time I IVed the H. I was with a friend that it was his first time and we both hit eachother

I guess I was introduced to all the drugs I've used but I was also always seeking them out, whether overtly or in my mind. Alcohol, cigs, and smokeless tobacco (dip and chew) all before I was 14. Didn't smoke weed till sophomore year of college. Experimented with harder drugs like coke and H in my mid twenties. Now I just smoke bud and take my psych meds.

Sometimes I wonder, are so many of us on psych meds because the drugs fucked us up? Or were we already mentally fucked before we started using drugs, and hardcore drug ab(use) was just another symptom of it?

I guess we’ll never know will we

Sometimes I wonder, are so many of us on psych meds because the drugs fucked us up? Or were we already mentally fucked before we started using drugs, and hardcore drug ab(use) was just another symptom of it?

That's a good question to which I don't know if I can completely answer.

My mental condition runs in my family so I'm more apt to believe that some of my drug abuse was self medicating because in the beginning, I didn't know what was going on with my perception of reality. Then again, I didn't start having panic attacks and showing symptoms until after I'd been smoking like an oz of weed per week for nearly a year. I've read that excessive weed smoking can cause psychosis in some people. So prolly a little bit of both feeding off each other, at least for me.

Maybe I was gonna come down with mental illness anyways via genetics and the drug use just sped up the process or exacerbated it. Maybe I wasn't and the drug use caused it. Still not sure.

Oh, I actively sought them out (psychedelics fascinated me long before my first trip).

Found them myself - weed, alcohol, prescription meds, more fond of the depressants than anything.

We collectively sought them out. Imagine 4 teenagers asking someone to get them pot.

I don't remember exactly which time was my first or what but I do remember myself and my brother stealing buds from our dads weed stash all the time lol. He might have a 20 or less and we were so dumb we would break up the buds and take a nickel or more and he used a hand scale he found out haha.

Or, maybe a drug user will believe in better living through chemistry. Maybe a drug user will be more likely to use drugs to treat a condition. :)

I was inroduced to pot. Then, when I didn't become depraved, I figured they were lying about all drugs and sought the rest out.

Or, maybe a drug user will believe in better living through chemistry. Maybe a drug user will be more likely to use drugs to treat a condition. :)

I was inroduced to pot. Then, when I didn't become depraved, I figured they were lying about all drugs and sought the rest out.
Absolutely. I was sold on “better living through chemistry” the first time I tried weed, as well. The problem becomes when you have no other coping skills so every time things go wrong you retreat to the same solution, which is drugs.

Absolutely. I was sold on “better living through chemistry” the first time I tried weed, as well. The problem becomes when you have no other coping skills so every time things go wrong you retreat to the same solution, which is drugs.
Yeah. Problem was that they weren't completely lying about the dangers of everything but pot. Well, maybe they were still lying, but things like meth do have issues they didn't cover.

As far as the statement, "Drugs aren't the answer. Drugs are the question. The answer is yes."....

Hmmmm.

Psych meds aren't generally recreational but some are, I guess. There's a fuzzy line between medical use and recreational use.
I live in Ohio and used to work in northern Kentucky. I saw the Oxycontin and other pain pills thing grow into a common story. Everyone knew a few people who were hooked on pain meds.

Who could say who needed the meds for pain and who was doing them because they liked the buzz? What if a person needed them for pain and they liked the buzz as well?
I learned that it was not for me to judge. Without living that person's life, how could I know if they needed the meds or not? Likely the answer wasn't that clear anyway.

Anyway, to bring the ramble full circle, I think that drugs actually have healed me from a lot of psychological hurt. Problem is, I think they may have kicked in a few issues of their own too.

To quote Jerry...
"Crippled but free
I was blind all the time, I was learning to see."