• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Wellbutrin For Depression

Since the wellies are extended release I'd give it maybe another several days and really try to isolate the variables by perhaps staggering the doses of the 4 you're taking
This. Isolate those variables for a better picture. Always better to introduce/remove a medication one at a time, unless otherwise stated by your doctor.

Sorry if I missed this above, what time of the day are you taking your Wellbutrin? I'm about to start it, but my doc made it very clear that I should take it first thing in the AM to avoid any sleep disruptions. Long-term Lope use like that is going to take a while for your brain chemistry to level back out, definitely could explain your symptoms.

I take it as soon as I wake up. Make some coffee, take a Wellbutrin and then take 2g kratom, the kratom seems to "get me going" rather quickly, then ill take another 2g kratom 30min-1hr after and I feel ok.

Its around 5hrs since i woke and took the Wellbutrin and Kratom and I feel good, motivated, not sad, normal id say. I haven't even taken any Loperamide yet, I wonder if I even need to anymore?

Im thinking the Wellbutrin must be working. Last week i was SAD, constantly dwelling on something that happened 20yrs ago, regretting what I did, wishing to go back in time. It was killing me. So much so that I had to make a Drs appt and ask for the Wellbutrin.

The sadness is much better since starting. The thing from 20yrs ago still pops up in my head but i dont find myself dwelling on it as much, its like my mind quickly switches to what im doing at the moment.

If you have anxiety this medication can make it worse so be cautious with that

No bupropion is just a worthless medicine. It will not help if you increase the dosage. I tried 1g and it it not any good.

While speaking with the Dr. and getting the script for Wellbutrin she mentioned she wants me to take Depakote also and in 2 weeks will write me a script for it. I looked up Depakote and it seems like its nothing that I want to take. I think ill pass on that. In 2 weeks i dont want to be on anything, but i guess ill have to wait and see.

Took 7tabs/14mg Loperamide just because, figure its half what I took yesterday. Feel physically fine, comfortable. A bit blah mentally, if it were a scale id say its slightly leaning to the sad side.

I was wondering what increasing the dose of Wellbutrin will do, from 150mg to 300mg XR. But guess it wont make a difference.

While speaking with the Dr. and getting the script for Wellbutrin she mentioned she wants me to take Depakote also and in 2 weeks will write me a script for it. I looked up Depakote and it seems like its nothing that I want to take. I think ill pass on that. In 2 weeks i dont want to be on anything, but i guess ill have to wait and see.

Took 7tabs/14mg Loperamide just because, figure its half what I took yesterday. Feel physically fine, comfortable. A bit blah mentally, if it were a scale id say its slightly leaning to the sad side.

I was wondering what increasing the dose of Wellbutrin will do, from 150mg to 300mg XR. But guess it wont make a difference.

Doubling your dose will definitely make a difference so don't do that unless professionally advised.

The user who used a gram of Wellbutrin at a time is either lying or super abnormally tolerant.

Ill keep the Wellbutrin to 150mg XL/day.

The kratom I seem to have a decent schedule for, 2g dose when I wake, and other 2g dose 30 minutes later, then late afternoon Ill take another 2g dose then another 2g dose an hour later. At night when I cant sleep I find myself taking a 2g dose, if that doesn't work ill take another 1-2g dose and usually fall asleep shortly after.

Gabapentin Im finding 300mg cap late morning. The at night ill take a 300mg cap and lay on the couch watching a movie, as i get sleepy ill take another 300mg cap and 0.1 Clonidine hoping ill sleep good. usually, well always doesnt work and im restless. Thats when I get up and take Kratom. Typically last time I remember looking at the clock its around 2-3am. wake when the sun is coming up. Surprisingly I wake feeling ok, no deep sadness I was previously having. I feel comfortable.

I think a lot of why I'm feeling sad is I don't get out much. I really only have to leave my home to go to the post office and ship out things and go to the market for food. I live alone so I feel like im going crazy having no one to really talk to. I was feeling blah earlier then went out to go to the post office and my neighbor was out so talked with him for a bit. Came home and now I'm in a good/very good mood.

The user who used a gram of Wellbutrin at a time is either lying or super abnormally tolerant.
Possibly the latter. I used to get normal effects off the therapeutic dosages of bupropion, 150mg, the norepinephrinergic stuff and sides like exacerbated tinnitus. But snorted it was a different beast, 30-45mins of shitty coke like euphoria and then a comedown and fade into the normal effects. But I continued to crush and snort despite knowing better (that bupropion is very prone to seizures, for example) and snorted my way through maybe 1.5g of bupropion in this afternoon and strangely the effects didn't continue to increase, there was a plateau and I just got the brief euphoria and then nothing more. I think I was both very lucky and maybe have abnormal tolerance but it's also possible that hydroxynorbupropion has a ceiling at which all NE transporters are blocked and also remember that it is a transporter antagonist and not an inverse agonist like cocaine. Antagonists cause only a slight increase of their relative transmitter because of autoreceptors being hit and limiting the output.

But overall I can only repeat that I was lucky and wouldn't do it again or recommend to anybody. At that point in time I still hadn't had any seizure but an overdose on pregabalin (I think ~1.6-1.8g) caused a seizure. Ugly experience after which I couldn't stand up or walk for 2 days, was pretty confused and thought of having fried my brain & now I know I'm not immune at all.

Yesterday I only took 7 tabs/14mg Loperamide and felt good throughout the day, obviously with the help of the other meds and Kratom. Took 2x2g doses Kratom in the afternoon. At night took 300mg Gabapentin then another 300mg an hour later along with a 0.1 Clonidine and fell asleep watching a movie on the couch then went to bed and I actually slept a few hours. Woke around 3am feeling restless, got up and took 3.5g Kratom and laid in bed, felt myself sweating a bit so took the covers off which solved that problem, short time later I started feeling comfortable, actually laid in bed thinking about normal things instead of the sad depressing things that would normally pop up in my mind. Decided to get up at 4:30 , made some coffee, took a 150mg XL Wellbutrin and I feel ok/normal.

Since I took 7tabs/14mg Loperamide yesterday today ill take 3 tabs/6mg. Im not sure I need any at this point but my plan was to taper so ill stick with it. My original plan was to taper by 1 tab every/every other day and see how I feel, but with the meds ive been rapidly tapering and physically have felt fine. Feb 26 I was taking at a minimum 70 tabs/140mg daily, today March 19 ill be taking 3 tabs/6mg. Going from the 140mg down to 70mg was hell since I had stopped CT with only Clonidine for 5 days. But from the 70mg to today was very comfortable.

My pupils were always pinned these past years, like almost closed. When I quit the Loperamide CT they widened a lot, they were big. But now they are still somewhat pinned, not almost closed but still small. Wonder if its still the Loperamide causing it, or could the kratom, Gabapentin, or Wellbutrin be causing it? Just curious. Im guessing its the Loperamide still in my system.

Loperamide is the only one I don't have first hand experience with.

How much of this life change are you trying to do drug free? In other words, what constructive things and habits do you plan on doing for maintenance, alongside psychiatric medication?

I don't really have a plan, I'm winging it day by day. I basically became a hermit over the years. I moved to the beach years ago thinking it would be a great new start but stuck to myself. Now my friends and family are 2hrs away which I stopped seeing thru the years slowly. The Loperamide made me content with life. Today is the first day I haven't taken any and think ill be fine stopping altogether now. I never thought the day would come where I got off them. Recently my thinking is slowly changing, like I want to move back where I grew up to be around friends and family.

The one thing that is really bringing me down is thinking about a relationship I was in 20yrs ago, thinking how I really screwed up and how my life would be different if I stayed with her. Its like really effecting me. Its crazy how I can have that crushing feeling in my heart over something from 20 years ago. This is the reason I wanted Wellbutrin, so I can stop thinking about it. It wont stop popping up in my head.

I was hoping to just be taking the meds/kratom to help with withdrawals and maybe thru paws, though im not sure what paws is except I read the depression may last awhile. Sitting home is depressing, but its not like I have anywhere to go of things to do. I sell products online, I don't have to leave my house.

Its Thursday and day 3 of no Loperamide and feel good so I'm guessing I don't need to take it anymore.

Not really sleeping though I dont feel tired.

Starting to lower the kratom and see how I feel during the day. I feel mostly normal during the day though sometimes negative/sad thoughts pop in that I cant seem to help. Still waiting for the Wellbutrin to make me happy, not sure if it even will though I don't seem to be as sad as I was 7 days ago when I started taking it.

Just got a script for Bupropion extended release 150mg/day. Hope it helps.
I like Wellbutrin, it is the only antidepressant not associated with weight gain or sexual dysfunction. It is also interesting because it is a synthetic cathinone, which is why it is abused by some. Other synthetic cathinone's are bath salts, flakka, molly, ecstasy, and so on. It does have some stimulating affects. It blocks neuronal reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine and antagonizes acetylcholine so it increases levels of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain but has no effects on serotonin. It is also marketed in combination with naltrexone in the product Contrave for chronic weight management, the two components are thought to have effects on areas of the brain involved in the regulation of food intake. It is the eighteenth most commonly prescribed medication in the United States.
It is not for everyone though, people either have good results or horrible results, a family member of mine was prescribed it to quit smoking and he actually became depressed almost to the point of suicidality
Do not abuse it. It is associated with seizures, common effects of Wellbutrin overdose include profound Agitation, Vertigo, Involuntary muscle contractions, Tachycardia, or rapid heart rate, Hallucinations, and Seizures. New research has demonstrated that it is addictive and abusers demonstrate withdrawal. It is not that good either when abused, I abused it for a long time and now I have very little sense of smell. It reminded me off not the high from crack, but more of the "geek feeling coming down from crack

I can have that crushing feeling in my heart over something from 20 years ago. This is the reason I wanted Wellbutrin, so I can stop thinking about it. It wont stop popping up in my head.

If you are looking to slow your thoughts, Wellbutrin may not be the best to help with your search for happiness and peace of mind.

Most other antidepressants work more on serotonin and less on norepinephrine, so I'm curious what prompted the doctor to choose this one over other typical SSRIs

So far ive followed the directions on the bottle, just 150mg XL a day in the morning. The Gabapentin is 300mg twice a day as needed and that seems to take my mind of the sad thoughts more, or puts me in a better mood.

The DR. first mentioned Wellbutrin and then said no Prozac will be better, i said no to Prozac and wanted Wellbutrin since i had it years ago and think I remember it working. Though I was also taking Gabapentin also. I remember the gabapentin at much higher doses though.

Yeah the gabapentin probably slowed you down a bit. You'd know better than I would.

But there are many proven SSRIs out there, of Wellbutrin doesn't do what you need it to. Zoloft, paxil, Lexapro..

Personally I wouldn't try anything that hasn't been on the market for a couple years and has side effects potentially worse than the issue

I was just looking for something temporary, I really dont want to be taking anything or least nothing long term.

I don't have a history of depression. I was taking Gabapentin and Wellbutrin years back while tapering off subxone, a psyc Dr. figured it would help with symptoms I was having at the time. I was able to stop the subxone and stop all meds that time.

Maybe I just need to tough it out. I just dont know how long the negative effects of stopping the Loperamide will last, I read one person say it lasted them over 8 weeks when they stopped. Im only on day 3 of not taking any Loperamide.

Im sure 10+ yrs of high dosed Loperamide screwed my brain up.

I was reading the posts, just wanted to point that Wellbutrin takes at least 30 days to build a a therapeutic level in your system. You also might not "feel anything," antidepressants are the type of medication where 30 days in you might be thinking, "Wow I am happier" or wow I am less sad," or "I am getting out of bed earlier and getting more things done. For me personally, this was hard lesson to learn, using drugs for so long I had an expectation that taking something would immediately produce feeling. you know that I should feel something. Antidepressants is more about the things you don't feel, like tired, lethargic, no energy, sad, not enjoying things in life you should enjoy, not gaining pleasure from the things you should (excluding drugs). Give it time, it is more of an epiphany later than a feeling now.
Also, you should always take it in the morning until you build a tolerance for it, then you can take it any time before noon.

I was just looking for something temporary, I really dont want to be taking anything or least nothing long term.

I don't have a history of depression. I was taking Gabapentin and Wellbutrin years back while tapering off subxone, a psyc Dr. figured it would help with symptoms I was having at the time. I was able to stop the subxone and stop all meds that time.

Maybe I just need to tough it out. I just dont know how long the negative effects of stopping the Loperamide will last, I read one person say it lasted them over 8 weeks when they stopped. Im only on day 3 of not taking any Loperamide.

Im sure 10+ yrs of high dosed Loperamide screwed my brain up.