Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Welcome to the world baby NeverLose

congrats to you and your family!
*big virtual hugs*
:)
I shall be looking really really closely at every dad with a pram just in case its you now...then they will of course think I am a stalker thats going to steal their baby....:D

Huge congratulations on your big healthy boy, Mr & Mrs Neverlose!!

Tyler is a great name, too. Enjoy the first few days of bliss and don't worry when reality sets in - the first few weeks are NUTS and we are just emerging from the fog just now. It's like being in The Labryinth, up is down, left is right, you don't know your head from your ass, just laugh.. it gets better.

Hugs from our family to yours xoxo

ps. I'm sorry Mrs N had to go through the ceasar, but still she can be glad she doesn't have to deal with the horror show "down there" after a natural delivery if you get my drift ;) (trust me I know) =D

Last edited:
Thanks SLM, Mrs NL is glad she had a ceasar, Mr NL is 6"4" and she's 5 foot something to begin :) Hugs back form Tyler and mum n dad :) He's getting really playful today actually and more tolerant of getting out of fetal positions.

Sorry about the delay on the pictures, mum's still in hospital till Saturday (tomorrow) and doesn't want to miss anything, so they should be posted easter Sunday. Any back to hospital so check this thread Sunday.

Out of my complete ignorance and curiosity, why does your partner need to be in so long after the birth? Is it because of the C section, that needs time to heal?

Or something else? I have no idea on the matter, please fill me in! Anyone...

The time spend in the hospital will vary, depending on both the mothers condition as well as the baby's condition, it is not uncommon for a mother to be in hospital for up to a week after she has had a c-section.

I'm guessing this is the reason Mrs NL is still in hospital.

I may be wrong tho....

5-7 days is the usual stay for a ceasar. It's major abdominal surgery, and they need to monitor for infection, blood loss and make sure the mums are generally mobile and able to cope with basic baby care before they leave. Fuck it's exhausting if you haven't had a complicated labour let alone with problems... I would have stayed 3 weeks if I could - buzzer service FTW. :D

Yeah Mrs NL is still in hospital because she's only just walking again after a ceasor, it's pretty major surgery and while the pethidine and morphine on the first few days helped her the generic panadol isn't doing so much :(

She won't be able to drive or lift for 6 weeks either and like SLM said the service available to her in hospital is pretty important, help with breastfeeding etc since it's her first child.

They should be giving her Panadol Forte at least....? Demand better drugs I say! :D

What a beautiful bubba.... I remember when mine was that 'new'.... enjoy him, it's such an amazing time :)

She gets Tramadol sometimes, although upon looking it up codeine might be a better choice. Anyway SLM is totally right we're in constant bliss at the moment :)

my son has about a million photos of him on the net. there's no shame in bumping a baby thread. ive got a blog with photos from day one to recent. it's great for sharing with friends and family. eventually people get sick of hearing about your baby but that's their problem ..not yours.

I find myself gushing about my 10 mnth old to anyone who will listen. it's a bit embarrassing really. :!

he's so cute!!
and such a boy looking bubba...noice one!!
loving and hugging again to you guys as you deal with the homewards bound part of your new adventure!

nezo said:
my son has about a million photos of him on the net. there's no shame in bumping a baby thread. ive got a blog with photos from day one to recent. it's great for sharing with friends and family. eventually people get sick of hearing about your baby but that's their problem ..not yours.

I find myself gushing about my 10 mnth old to anyone who will listen. it's a bit embarrassing really. :!

I know what you mean.... I have actually pointed my baby out to uninterested shop assistants - "isn't she beautiful"? Just so I can talk about her. The only solution is to join Baby forums, where they have whole, well, forums, devoted to baby talk and pics and the folk there are very indulgent. Or, at last resort, the grandparents are a neverending rapt audience to every pic and burp and gurgle :D

hehe.

I mostly try to ignore my children ;( But they're older, and therefore less cute.

Congrats NL. Parenthod is just amazing. Prepare for your life to never be the same again. You won't know how you lived without him from now on :)