• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Weird suboxone question and misc. questions...newbie...please help!

cjh1221cjh

Greenlighter
OK, gonna try to make this as short and as informative as possible. The patient is a pretty heavy opioid user. DOC is Oxy - about 150 mg. once/day. Will do anything she has to to get by if she can't get that. 120mg. Morphine ER chewed will keep her from getting sick and at the very least, 75 mg. vike will hold her for 20 hours or so. Anyway, she recently lost her supply...free by the way :(....and decided that to get her life together and do the right thing for her kids she needed to start subs. She has a friend that has given her a strip here and there and knows how to induce, but hasn't been on them for more than a day or 2 straight a max of 4-6 strips total just to get by till she could find her DOC.
She has an appointment the day after tomorrow for her own subs. She knows for a fact they will induce her on 8/2 x2/ day, everyone at that clinic is induced the same.
Now for the questions. The few times she has done the subs she had severe full-body muscle aches. Not withdrawal-like, but more like beat with a baseball bat type pain in every muscle in her body until the sub was out of her system. Is this common? It wasn't a coincidence, it happens EVERY time she did subs. Is this something that will always stick around or will it eventually go away? It was so bad the first time it happened she actually went to the ER and was tested for muscle wasting (didn't tell she had done subs). EVERY muscle, even ones she didn't know she had, ached like she had over worked them like never before. Weird and sucky. Question 2. Should she go in in withdrawals or should she go in already on sub? She took her last 240 mg. (chewed) dose of morphine ER at 10:00 PM tonight and was going to wait till shortly before her appointment the afternoon after tomorrow subbed up. They will not induce in-office, they will write script to induce at home. That's the way they do it, I don't know why. They WILL NOT write the script if you aren't in withdrawals but would it matter if you were already subbed up? I know they don't care where you get your drugs, just how much of what and when. She just wants to avoid the level of w/d they require because she has induced at a lower COWS score than they make you get to and was fine like 4 times. Any advice would be appreciated. Her habit started because of severe pain from Rheumatoid Arthritis and she has a script for her own opiates, she just did what we all do, liked them too much. The sub Dr. intends to keep her on a dose forever to not only treat the addiction but treat the pain as well, otherwise she would induce at 2mg. and add 1/2mg. till stable and that would be her dose but she never plans on coming off. She is doing a 6-week required IOP with the clinic the sub dr. is at though so hopefully that helps her with the mental part of her addiction. I hope to talk her out of the not coming off part, I'm just glad she isn't going to be swallowing all that junk anymore. Thanks for bearing with me, this is my first post although I have been a lurker for over a year. Thanks In advance for all the advice, I trust you guys (most of you lol) so I will be looking forward to hearing from you all.

Last edited:
Down to 24 hours! Did I post in the wrong place? No one can help? Crap, I'm scared shitless! I'm gonna end up just using, I really, really, really don't want to!

Don't go to the sub doctor already on bupe. Be in withdrawals, that's how it works. Odd that they won't induce on-site as I believe that's the FDA directions, could be wrong. Liability I suppose, as in case someone didn't tell them they just took 20-mg xanax in the parking lot in case of precipitated withdrawal.

Anyway, theres a good chance the clinic/ doctor/ nurse is going to want a UA positive for an opioid other than bupe, and with no bupe in it. But, then again, they may not care. I would call ahead or talk to someone who has been inducted into the bupe hall of fame by the same physician recently, and ask about the entire procedure.

You can call the clinic and not identify yourself, and inquire, "What exactly do the exams and consultations entail?" Try to get that answered as detailed as possible. If you have to, and really want to know for certain, you may have to identify yourself. Not certain at all on that one, but anonymous is worth a try.

speedballs took the words out of my mouth as usual. Ya I agree that is strange, most clinics make you do the sub in house it is an FDA rule. You are supposed to take 4 mg and wait 45 minutes. Then if the WD has not gone away they give you another half a strip until you feel better.

And ya, please make sure to be in full WD when starting the sub because if you are not you can induce precipitated WD which is SEVERE WD that lasts a couple hours. It is like going through a weeks worth of WD all at once. So yes, you want all opiates out of your system before you start.

Thanks everyone, I'll give them a call in the AM.....appreciate the suggestions.