• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Weird Shroom trips latley

What about marijuana?

In my experience, Cannabis only potentiates psychedelics and for some can trigger paranoia during the trip.

Opiates seem to make the trip more sustainable, help you relax enough to accept the visionary state.

I like to smoke a joint, maybe even a bong hit or a small blunt after the trip is over and I'm back to base-line. Which usually propels me back into my peak for another hour or two.

In my experience, Cannabis only potentiates psychedelics and for some can trigger paranoia during the trip.

Opiates seem to make the trip more sustainable, help you relax enough to accept the visionary state.

I like to smoke a joint, maybe even a bong hit or a small blunt after the trip is over and I'm back to base-line. Which usually propels me back into my peak for another hour or two.

How bout mixing codeine with shrooms? Would that help? say takin a few nurofens?

Eat more mushrooms.

5-6 grams will have you throwing up which is what you want and then you trip hard.

3-4 grams usually is weak for me, not really tripping and not comparable to say 100ug or LSD.

How bout mixing codeine with shrooms? Would that help? say takin a few nurofens?

Codeine is an Opioid, I would imagine if you dosed it appropriately it could provide the same effects as Opium or Kratom.

I'm not sure about the interaction between Ibuprofen and Psilocybin, but I can't imagine there being much of an interference.

I say you should go for it, but don't dose the Codeine as if you were to take it recreationally. Maybe half or even a quarter of your regular recreational dosage.

Eat more mushrooms.

5-6 grams will have you throwing up which is what you want and then you trip hard.

3-4 grams usually is weak for me, not really tripping and not comparable to say 100ug or LSD.

Don't listen to this guy, because 5-6 Grams will have the majority of people losing their minds on P. Cubensis Mushrooms. 3-4 grams for most is even too much.

We're trying to subside nausea, and increase relaxation on Psilocybin Cubensis, not augment the activity of Psilocybin.

Eat more mushrooms.

You must be getting some real weak mushrooms then.

Has anyone tried Carisoprodol (Soma in the USA) and mushrooms? It may be worth trying. I've wanted to try it but never had them both at the same time. Take the Soma and fungus together (Swallow the Soma pill with your tea, maybe)

Side note: if I dose with Psilocybes without smoking herb, I get NO visuals whatsoever. Its a proven fact for me. My buddy Dra has the same issue. We experimented with it one semester in college. :)

I also cannot take mushrooms without the good old MJ. I just feel like there's something missing from the experience when I do. I especially love to smoke a huge bowl right after the peak. I like to call the state that follows "the micro-trip" for some reason.

The same doesn't apply for many other psychs, however. For example, I usually prefer acid without weed. I feel there's more clarity to the experience that way.

You must be getting some real weak mushrooms then.

You don't see the irony in that statement? If it only takes 3.5 grams for me (and just about the rest of the world) to have a complete and full-blown Psilocybin trip, but somehow takes you 6 grams, then clearly you're the one who has the weak mushrooms [or just a natural tolerence]. 8)

Has anyone tried Carisoprodol (Soma in the USA) and mushrooms? It may be worth trying. I've wanted to try it but never had them both at the same time. Take the Soma and fungus together (Swallow the Soma pill with your tea, maybe)

Side note: if I dose with Psilocybes without smoking herb, I get NO visuals whatsoever. Its a proven fact for me. My buddy Dra has the same issue. We experimented with it one semester in college. :)

I would imagine that taking Soma with Psilocybes would be similar to taking A. Muscaria with Psilocybes. I say try it.

As for your side note, I'm not sure about getting NO visuals without smoking on Psilocybin, but I definitely get an increase in CEV's and OEV's after I smoke.

I also cannot take mushrooms without the good old MJ. I just feel like there's something missing from the experience when I do. I especially love to smoke a huge bowl right after the peak. I like to call the state that follows "the micro-trip" for some reason.

There is a definite synergy between Psilocybin and Cannabis.

Last edited:
You don't see the irony in that statement? If it only takes 3.5 grams for me (and just about the rest of the world) to have a complete and full-blown Psilocybin trip, but somehow takes you 6 grams, then clearly you're the one who has the weak mushrooms [or just a natural tolerence]. 8)
I wasn't the one saying it takes 6 grams to have a full-blown trip. Personally, I have discovered my sweet spot to be at about 2.5 grams of average strength cubensis, though occasionally I do enjoy a 5+ gram dose for a real out-of-this-world experience.

I know 6g is way too much. I wouldnt go beyond 3.5g. But whats this extreme dosage got to do with this thread?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. It's just that someone said that you should eat more mushrooms, which certainly wouldn't be the solution in my opinion, that's all.

I was in a very similar situation a year ago (lost the "magic" and just got negative mindfucking after a long break) and what changed things for me was dosing with someone who was new to shrooms. Seeing his excitement sort of reminded me of how I should feel and it's been good since then. Tripping alone is good sometimes but for me there's a lot to be said for sharing the experience.

I was in a very similar situation a year ago (lost the "magic" and just got negative mindfucking after a long break) and what changed things for me was dosing with someone who was new to shrooms. Seeing his excitement sort of reminded me of how I should feel and it's been good since then. Tripping alone is good sometimes but for me there's a lot to be said for sharing the experience.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Tripping with people can also change the setting.

I would imagine that taking Soma with Psilocybes would be similar to taking A. Muscaria with Psilocybes. I say try it.

As for your side note, I'm not sure about getting NO visuals without smoking on Psilocybin, but I definitely get an increase in CEV's and OEV's after I smoke.

There is a definite synergy between Psilocybin and Cannabis.

How would taking soma with shrooms be at all similair to taking amanita muscaria with psilocybe mushrooms? that makes absolutely no sense to me.

dont forgot different grows of mush can produce mildly different a effects like you described, also i always get a little nausia when im coming up, never puked tho some of my friends have

Lately i dont enjoy my trips like i used to. I tried a different method where i grind up my shrooms and cap em. I drop 2g-4g in a single dose and latley ive been getting neseuas during the comeup, it feels like i want to throw it back up.

Ive never ever vomited or felt this before on shrooms. Once it kicks in i feel tired and just want to ly down. I get very bad headfucks and not many visuals. I used to feel energetic and happy and wanted to do things like listen to music and trip on the morphing walls and objects, How can one avoid the neseua?

I just dont understand why dont i enjoy it anymore.

It sounds like a psychological issue to me. If mushrooms didn't used to make you feel sick then the nausea might well be a product of anxiety - are you as happy & carefree as you were when you were in the mushroom honeymoon peroid ?

BiG StroOnZ and killo...

Well, both of you are rite! The mind-manifesting experience achieved by ingesting shrooms are completely subjective, there are people who have life-changing experiences just on a
16th of an ounce (1.75g), and there some who won't feel as dissociated even on an 8th
(3.5g). I don't think that its comparable to LSD at all, the trip is completely different, LSD is not as mentally and logically intensive, a lot more linear psychologically, but a lot more powerful on visuals and auditory hallucinations. The feeling of acid is more of a merging or dissolution into all that exists. Shrooms is more intellectually profound, more connected to the finer aspects of reality and existence, and a feeling of communicating with a higher power. Personally, I think acid is something you can have more fun on, but shrooms is more of a philosphical and and profound experience. As far as nausea. the best idea I believe is to eat it with something that's thick and will dilute the irritability of the psilocybin/psilocin, and personally I've found a good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of orange juice or water to do the trick the best!

I wasn't the one saying it takes 6 grams to have a full-blown trip. Personally, I have discovered my sweet spot to be at about 2.5 grams of average strength cubensis, though occasionally I do enjoy a 5+ gram dose for a real out-of-this-world experience.

My bad, didn't notice that was killo and not you lol :D

How would taking soma with shrooms be at all similair to taking amanita muscaria with psilocybe mushrooms? that makes absolutely no sense to me.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2941 :\

BiG StroOnZ and killo...

Well, both of you are rite! The mind-manifesting experience achieved by ingesting shrooms are completely subjective, there are people who have life-changing experiences just on a 16th of an ounce (1.75g), and there some who won't feel as dissociated even on an 8th (3.5g). I don't think that its comparable to LSD at all, the trip is completely different, LSD is not as mentally and logically intensive, a lot more linear psychologically, but a lot more powerful on visuals and auditory hallucinations. The feeling of acid is more of a merging or dissolution into all that exists. Shrooms is more intellectually profound, more connected to the finer aspects of reality and existence, and a feeling of communicating with a higher power. Personally, I think acid is something you can have more fun on, but shrooms is more of a philosphical and and profound experience. As far as nausea. the best idea I believe is to eat it with something that's thick and will dilute the irritability of the psilocybin/psilocin, and personally I've found a good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of orange juice or water to do the trick the best!

To each there own indeed, but someone starting off on Psilocybin should never venture into such extreme dosages before trying lesser ones (not to mention, he was suggesting the best method to get rid of nausea was to, "EAT MORE MUSHROOMS!").

I would agree that LSD and Psilocybin are not exactly comparable experiences:

LSD - Intellect
Psilocybin - Spirituality

Regardless, this thread was made for discussing possible ways to get rid of nausea on the come-up.

It sounds like a psychological issue to me. If mushrooms didn't used to make you feel sick then the nausea might well be a product of anxiety - are you as happy & carefree as you were when you were in the mushroom honeymoon peroid ?

I think i have a better life now than before. When i started doin em i didnt have a job, was into bad shit, doing speed, mdma, coke on a daily basis for years so went through alot of shit. Stopped using shrooms for 1.5 years and now my 3rd trip after 1.5years i start to get weird effects. Is it because i grind my shrooms up n cap em? I have did this in the past and never got nausea before. Thesedays to me it feels like i have poisoned myself with the shrooms. Maybe the Psilocybin/cin and other actives are in a diff ratio then the other shrooms i had. Cant figure it out.