View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird reaction to hallucinogens?

sarahhbaby23

Greenlighter
SWIM has tried a few hallucinogenic drugs, and seems to have weird reactions to all of them. Her first encounter with a hallucinogen was salvia. The salvia's strength was moderate, and both of her friends just laughed after taking their hit. When it came time for her to take a hit, she was all of a sudden in a parallel dimension, and had no memory of anything. She had total amnesia. She felt like she was in a story book. Her friends tried to ask her if she was okay, but she responded with, "What are you talking about?" Because she didn't understand what was going on. It was a terrifying experience.
SWIM also had the same reaction to the drug spice. While many argue that it is not a hallucinogen, SWIM's experience was very similar to salvia. She felt like she kept reliving the same moment over and over again. Like on salvia, she kept forgetting everything that was going on. It was a very intense and frightening experience.
The last hallucinogenic drug that SWIM has tried is shrooms. She took an eighth, and it hit her twice as hard as it should have. She was in another world, and all her senses were blended. She was confused and scared.
I'm not sure why this happens to SWIM. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

I`m not familiar with hallucinogens all together but, do you suffer from paranoia/anxiety and, do you have problems with life in general?

I do suffer from anxiety, which might explain the scared feeling. But I'm still not sure why it is so intense for me?
Also, SWIM took a klonopin before smoking the spice. So anxiety can be ruled out in that case.

Never tried spice, but your experiences with salvia and mushrooms seem typical to me for a first time user.

It is difficult to judge the strength of smoked salvia, from my experiences, different hits of the same batch can vary in potency significantly.

1/8th is a bit much for a first time on mushrooms. I would recommend trying 1.8-2.0 grams for your next experience if you are still interested.

Psychedelics aren't for everyone, and some people can just be extremely sensitive to their effects.

please stop using SWIM. it doesn't protect you at all and it just makes your post annoying to read.
but it sounds like you're just sensitive to psychedelics.

yes - no swimming around here unless you are nude.. ;)

i think you are having normal reactions.. most psychedelics are really confusing for just about everyone who takes them and it can leave a person worried.. shrooms are an intense experience no matter who you are or how many times you've done them i believe,.,.

sounds pretty normal to me. the others are strange needing those huge doses ;)
a nice hit of 5x salvia has me in another dimension and i'd rather not eat more than 1.5g of decent shrooms or eat more than half a hit of good acid.

i wouldn't say those are weird reactions at all. The desired effects of said drugs are quite weird

Hey- have a look around for our "ego-death" thread- you may find some comfort in knowing that this experience is very typical of hallucinogens- especially salvia.

You may simple need to take smaller doses, if you choose to go on. I'd also suggest trying LSD- mushrooms are very disorientating at the best of times...:)

While it may not all be for you consider yourself lucky. You are one of the few who is highly sensitive to these substances. May not sound like a blessing but coming from the opposite end of the spectrum (having to take many times the normal dosages to achieve the same results) if nothing else it saves you money. You dont need near as much to achieve the desired end. Youre just new to the experience. We all have that adjustment period the reason it sounds so different on what some of us here experience is because we have tripped dozens, hundreds, maybe thousands of times. Some of us are reaching points where a psychedelic state could almost be considered normal for us or in some aspects is already a permanent part of our daily lives (hppd). Youre ability to handle the psychedelic state is all driven by your own mental stability and the set and setting in which you take them. Just choose your timing carefully and things will be more manageable.

You just have a lower natural tolerance to these drugs, also an eighth of some decent/good mushrooms is a pretty high dose, especially for a first timer. I took a half eighth my first time and that was enough for a good trip. I grew some shrooms a while ago and my average dose was around 2.5-3 grams for a good trip, and I have tripped a decent number of times

SWIM this and SWIM that fuck all of you swiming people ..!.. :D
seriously,this is bluelight,not ocean

Your salvia experience is perfectly normal, perchance you're just better at smoking it fast. Salvia is garbage.

Spice is well known to produce trippy freakouts in some people, since it's unevenly distributed on the herbs in some samples, and is fairly powerful stuff. I'm a daily pot smoker, and i've managed to 1-hit-KO myself with JWH-018, triggering an unpleasant far-too-strong effect.

Largeish dose of shrooms, sounds about right.

If you continue to persue psychedelics, i would recommend:
Get some experience smoking pot (don't smoke it before/during the trip - maybe on the comedown, or if you feel your're not tripping as hard as you'd like), particularly good sativa strains; weed can be somewhat trippy, and i would say it was helpful in getting used to being in that mindset.
Take less of the psychedelic drug. I find that i need about 20-50% less of most psyches than average reported on BL.
Salvia is not fun.

seriously,this is bluelight,not ocean
^good job contributing to the thread 8)

OP, sounds just like anyone new to psyches. just remember to take it slow and always be in a comfortable environment with people you love :) the beauty of the psychedelic experience is always changing and eludes any words to describe it