• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Weird neurological thing

Fractal5

Greenlighter
Hi,

So I've been doing a bit too much speed recently and it turns out that I've got to go for a drugs test soon so I've stopped as of about 24 hours ago. I've been been doing it for about 18 years but all the time every day for the last few months. I've been getting these weird things which I've had before, but not for ages. The best way that I can describe it is that your nervous system goes "thump, thump" (often in twos) every now and then. It doesn't feel like it's heart related (it's not a palpation or anything.) You can kind of feel it in your hands, arms and head. Your hands move ever so slightly as well. The best way that I can describe it is: you know that noise when you plug a speaker in? It's like your nervous system does that.
I've had it when coming down when a bit run down, I think I've had it completely sober when I've had the flu. And I remember years ago I had some dodgey pills (based on the era they were probably some kind of piperazine) and I had it a lot then. I'm not particularly worried, I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with this?

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited:
Joe,

I think you need to go see a doctor. We can only take guesses, that will likely just scare you.

Cheers!
VT

Joe,

I think you need to go see a doctor. We can only take guesses, that will likely just scare you.

Cheers!
VT
Ok, well I wouldn't want that. I'll not bother with a doctor unless it persists, I'd imagine it will stop in a few days though. I remember a friend (who was a massive pill head) mentioning something called "zaps" or "being zapped" which sounded somewhat similar (though a lot more intense). This was over a decade ago and I can't find anything about it now. I know that it was mentioned online somewhere, probably on your old .nu site? Is that content from the old site still searchable on here?

Thanks,

Joe

Found it. It's actually a medical term https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/brain-zaps doesn't sound that much like my thing but it's definitely what the guy I mentioned was on about. It's normally from MDMA/SSRI withdrawal but it says there you can get it from Adderall withdrawal too so it makes sense that it would be a bit different I suppose. Thanks for not telling me any of the scary guesses!