• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weed affected by acid long term

I got really bad HPPD for a while after a bad shrooms trip last may. It was so bad that I couldn't drink or my HPPD would come back really badly. I quit drinking/drugs/weed/even driving until about a month ago. Now I can drink again in moderation and the drinking actually HELPS the Hppd NOW....maybe I'll try smoking weed soon in moderation...and then hallucinogens again in a year or so. I don't even really like smoking weed that much anymore. But what I've noticed is in the early stages of HPPD you gotta be SOBER...and then once it's subsided a good amount you can go back to drinking and that drinking will actually help the longterm anxiety! At least for me. Those are just my experiences though. But I found it interesting.

I really wish I could take 3 years off from tripping like I did last time I had a bad trip, but that was because I had no source...now I have sources so I'm capable of tripping whenever I want :\. If only my dealers cut me off, it'd be easier....but they don't. Peace.

The only drug I can recommend you do is BENZOS. Preferably klonopin because it's the least addictive and hardest to abuse of the major benzos. Benzos can help with HPPD. I'm glad I'm prescribed them and don't abuse them. When I made my SN i was having HPPD and the lloyd banks song beamer benz or bentley came out, and i wanted benzos bud or booty because I was having such bad anxiety. Wish I could change my screen name now lol.

Dood.....really? Mary Jane is possibly the most medinical substance I know of....get real
Heroin can be used as a medication too. That doesn't mean that people should be shooting heroin or smoking marihuana all day long without a VERY good medical reason. And beleive me, OP is just doing it to get doped up.

Smoking weed everyday is fine. Smoking weed everyday when you have HPPD or any other mental disturbance is a bad idea.

Calling anything other than LSD "acid" is a worse idea. It's not being anal, it's not beating a dead horse, it's being accurate and safe. Both are well worth the incredibly small amount of effort.

Smoking weed everyday is fine. Smoking weed everyday when you have HPPD or any other mental disturbance is a bad idea.

Calling anything other than LSD "acid" is a worse idea. It's not being anal, it's not beating a dead horse, it's being accurate and safe. Both are well worth the incredibly small amount of effort.
Smoking weed every day without a severe medical condition will quickly ruin your life.

Smoking weed every day without a severe medical condition will quickly ruin your life.

Wow, what do you have against weed? It can ruin someone's life, but not everyone. And actually, anything can ruin someone's life if I'm correctly guessing what you're trying to get at.

I used to smoke every day, and I'm close to doing that already these days, but it hasn't ruined anything here. I'm not alone with this either. =/

It seems like you have your bias against it, and that's fine. Everyone has a bias against something, but where's the rationality in your statement? Just curious. :)

I smoked weed for 20 years straight, through that time got 2 college degrees, had some killer jobs and have been pretty damned successful overall....ruin your life?

If this is ruined life I wonder what a successful one looks like? I'd prolly be president of France or something

I'm not finding the outrageous one liners very persuasive but I'm not sure if they're supposed to be.

I'm thinking someone has had a bad experience and wants to force an opinion where it's not really asked for

Cannabis is one of the most healing substances I've ever encountered. Sometimes I struggle with drug addiction and cannabis is the only thing that can keep it in check. It regulates my appetite and sleep. Smoking cannabis habitually is not for everyone, but don't try to make like someone can't live a completely functional life under it's influence.

OP I've had dp/dr and HPPD from psychedelic abuse in the past. For months it really bothered me, but now I have accepted it and I embrace it. I still remember smoking the day or two after my first LSD trip and weed brought back the headspace - I was shocked and scared. Now that I have experienced it before, when my cannabis highs take introspective or intensely psychedelic turns I can embrace it.

I don't know how your HPPD manifests itself , but mine I have described as a "worm" that flashes all across my field of vision. I began to think of it as a badge/brand/tattoo that I have earned from so many psychedelic endeavors and it no longer bothers me. At times on cannabis I would become extremely aware of my field of vision and it would scare me. Then I realized this is my personal HUD and why should I be afraid of it? Lately I've been getting mild tryptamine-esque visuals when I smoke and just the other night I was super stoned laying down to sleep and my vision started warping cylindrically inwards. <3

Oh and one more thing OP. Don't ever listen to anyone without a medical license who tells you to take benzos. They are a dangerous road.

Oh and one more thing OP. Don't ever listen to anyone without a medical license who tells you to take benzos. They are a dangerous road.

And even then, be wary of how quickly said medical professional jumps to prescribe you benzos.

Now, when it comes to what you're experiencing. You've simply opened the doors of perception and are now more aware of not only your surroundings and external stimuli, but that which is within you, hence feeling and imagining more deeply and vividly. It's never going to go away, you have to accept it and learn how to use it to your advantage.

I would argue against this I believe some neurological problem may be present I am dealing with the same thing. I have to undergo Neuro Pysch testing and serious medical help for the same problem.

It does subside with time. I believe this is beyond simple " opening the doors of perception "

OP I've had dp/dr and HPPD from psychedelic abuse in the past. For months it really bothered me, but now I have accepted it and I embrace it. I still remember smoking the day or two after my first LSD trip and weed brought back the headspace - I was shocked and scared. Now that I have experienced it before, when my cannabis highs take introspective or intensely psychedelic turns I can embrace it.

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses. I've learned to embrace it and become used to it. It was just unusual and questioning at first. As for the visuals they're not very hard to deal with concerning not anything is moving around just imprinted.

Is it just me or is everyone more in their mind and thoughts more when smoking cannabis? I mean sometimes I'm around my friends and I forget and realize how silent it is after being in my thoughts and talking to myself so much. I just feel more isolated and more with myself.

As for the benzos, why the major skeptic or warning?

I would argue against this I believe some neurological problem may be present I am dealing with the same thing. I have to undergo Neuro Pysch testing and serious medical help for the same problem.

It does subside with time. I believe this is beyond simple " opening the doors of perception "

As to what kind of neurological problem? I've never heard about this. And what has been your experience? I'd really like to understand more about this as it's another, different possibility.

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses. I've learned to embrace it and become used to it. It was just unusual and questioning at first. As for the visuals they're not very hard to deal with concerning not anything is moving around just imprinted.

Is it just me or is everyone more in their mind and thoughts more when smoking cannabis? I mean sometimes I'm around my friends and I forget and realize how silent it is after being in my thoughts and talking to myself so much. I just feel more isolated and more with myself.

As for the benzos, why the major skeptic or warning?

Addiction n lifd threatening W/D

And downregulation of your GABA system sucks so fucking bad. It's like the worst paranoia you've ever had from weed multiplied by like 100. I felt like I had OCD when I tried to quit etizolam after using it for only like 5 or 6 weeks. And as said above addiction and w/d are an even bigger concern with them. They really fuck your memory up too. And blackouts are another issue with them.

Last edited:
As to what kind of neurological problem? I've never heard about this. And what has been your experience? I'd really like to understand more about this as it's another, different possibility.

I cant tell you forsure however my addiction doctor believes I have damaged something in my brain and or spinal cord. I am waiting on my neuropysch evaluation and brain imaging. Personally I shake very bad and take Cogentin for the shaking and I have constant mental images that will not go away. PM me if you want to talk more