View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weed affected by acid long term

Lucid56

Greenlighter
Ok crap this may be long but bear with me as I give a brief background of history and experiences to make easier to comprehend.

I've done my share of 25b acid (about 35 tabs within 2-3 months). As the many times I may have dropped this substance, I only ever greatly and profoundly tripped once (dropping 4) experiencing to what I know now as ego death. All the other times I tripped would be just slight things movements/patterns/colors/mindfuck but I was still in touch with reality because it wasn't new/strange to me.

Sometimes when the acid wasn't potent enough for me I would smoke an hour afterwards and it would bring up the hallucinations. But each time I would trip, I experience the same exact geometric patterns/colors, like I'm having same trip over and over each time no different hallucinations (with or without smoking).

I smoke weed each day, and it's been a couple months now after my obsessive tripping. But each time I smoke I feel weird, I feel more paranoid, I'm in my mind more, my feelings are more intense, just by thinking of something I can feel it/recall it. Where it gets even weirder, depending on how high or how much I smoke, I see the geometric outlines in pavements/floor wherever, as if I was to be tripping. It's not colorful it's just patterns shadowed in that I can literally see.

My question, what the heck is happening to me. What could this be. And how can this make sense that weed brings back up a tripping mindset and some visuals

First and FOREMOST - 25b-NBOMe is NOT Acid. You absolutely must understand that what you've ingested (a ludicrous amount of) was NOT LSD, and in fact a comparatively VERY toxic substance that has the potential to kill you in what'd be considered a recreational dose.

What you're likely experiencing is HPPD - Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder.

Sorry I can't give more information at the moment, bit busy at work. But read into HPPD, discontinue your drug use, and understand that the amount of 25b-NBOMe you've taken is pretty damn high and somewhat risky.

Oh, and please, don't refer to it as 'Acid' :)

Thank you for your response :) I did a little research on HPPD. Everything seems to make sense I don't see anything else it may be. But my main question is why is this ONLY when I smoke? Or is it just always there and I never notice it and the weed just enhances it? This is so unusual

I am aware 25b are a part of research chems not LSD. I refer to it as acid because it falls under the same branch giving almost the same effects as LSD. Acid is just a street name to categorize all.

No, Acid is NOT a street name to "categorize all". If it was, then we'd call mushrooms, the 2c-x chemicals, the DOx chemicals, mescaline, and any other psychedelic acid seeing as it "[gives] almost the same effects as LSD". Which btw, NBOMe is farther from LSD than most all of those are.

Now, when it comes to what you're experiencing. You've simply opened the doors of perception and are now more aware of not only your surroundings and external stimuli, but that which is within you, hence feeling and imagining more deeply and vividly. It's never going to go away, you have to accept it and learn how to use it to your advantage.

Why does weed trigger it? Because it's a mind-manifesting partly, partly, psychedelic substance. Any mind-manifesting substance will bring out the same effects.

Oh no no no I was not saying acid to categorize all other psychedelics too as shrooms/mescaline/dmt etc. I was saying acid as in the street name for those research chems that's usually because it comes in blotter form so it goes around as "acid".

Your response explains another side to this. It makes sense what you said although it's just hard to grasp or come to realization with that it's basically living differently than most others.

This whole calling anything on blotter acid is a rather disturbing phenomenon

It is disturbing.

And yes, Lucid56, it is sometimes hard to grasp the realization that most people will never see and be aware as you might be now. The key is to not let it get to head and start to believe you're special or the like. Also, realize exactly what has changed. You have perceived reality without the human boundaries of thought and belief, something most people never do. However, psychedelics are not necessary to achieve this state of mind. Meditation is exactly the same, perceiving without thought. Letting us experience a truer form of reality, which in turn, opens us up to the immense beauty of the universe and that which surrounds us. Use this as a stepping stone, your catalyzing moment, to begin integrating mindfulness (google it, it is the concept of which I speak) into your everyday consciousness. Meditate, practice yoga (the main purpose of yoga is to allow one to meditate for long periods of time without being stationary and becoming sore), be aware of your thoughts and how they restrict you, etc.

Some recommended readings:

Be Here Now by Ram Dass
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, or for a more in depth look, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

Those should start you along nicely. Safe journeys my friend :)

I refer to my earlier rants in another thread regarding the misrepresentation of "acid" and why we should purposely avoid referring to anything other than LSD as "acid". But I won't rant again. Lol.

Yup, better make sure that what you have is really acid or not. All other substances on blotters can possibly be deadly in high doses, or normal doses of the nbomes. Combos are even a bigger danger with the nbomes, while with lsd most tried and tested combos are pretty safe.

There are tests, using a black light, having a super trusted connect, etc. Even then, at least black light it. :)

About your specific question, ime weed can intensify the psychedelic effects of any substance of that type, and since all of these "listed" effects can and will vary from one person to another, you may just be sensitive to that combo.

As mentioned, it may be a form of a HPPD, since you get it from just smoking weed alone. However, what you listed are effects that can come from weed itself, so it's maybe a mix of the two. Just try to stay clean and be sober for a while. Your body (and eyes) will thank you for it. :)

I refer to my earlier rants in another thread regarding the misrepresentation of "acid" and why we should purposely avoid referring to anything other than LSD as "acid". But I won't rant again. Lol.
We all wana do it hahahah. By now it feels like beating a dead horse though...

OP, I have a close friend who abused 25i and 25b two summers ago, and the guy is convinced he's been permanently fucked. Now, none of us see anything wrong with him, but he perceives things to be wrong with him. Take that as you will.

German (discoverer's mother tongue) : Lyserge *Säure* Di-ethyl-amide

Lysergic *Acid* Di-ethyl-amide :)

Some recommended readings:

Be Here Now by Ram Dass
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, or for a more in depth look, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

Those should start you along nicely. Safe journeys my friend :)

Thank you everyone for your response it feels so much better having everyone's intake. And thank you psy997 I will look into those books.

I don't recommend the nbome research chems to ANYONE after my use and experience and others. I fell in love with it because it was the only hallucinogenic in known and reach. I came into tripping with the idea of shrooms and oh so colorful things and that's what I see most doing. Tripping on these research chems with the idea of it being acid and giving off the effects of a cartoony shroom world.

I tripped shrooms the other day (1.5g) didn't trip very intense, but still had noticeable effects. When I did trip shrooms, it didn't feel like I had just taken shrooms. It felt like I had dropped acid. The visuals everything was exactly the same as tripping acid before. NOTHING was different at all. It was shrooms I would have expected visuals and patterns to be different but it wasn't it literally felt as an acid trip and I hate that so much. I hate those chems so much I feel so scarred and trapped in this new mind it gave me.

It felt like I had dropped acid. The visuals everything was exactly the same as tripping acid before. NOTHING was different at all. It was shrooms I would have expected visuals and patterns to be different but it wasn't it literally felt as an acid trip and I hate that so much. I hate those chems so much I feel so scarred and trapped in this new mind it gave me.

Must we continue to beat the metaphorical dead horse? It won't stop us from offering you advice, but God damn dude, will you stop calling 25b 'acid'? Pretty please? The sooner people realize that real acid, and NBOMes have almost nothing in common aside from their statuses as psychedelics, the better.

Well, both can cause HPPD and DP/DR also... Dont get me wrong, i never even done NBOMe, and not trying to be a dick about it either, but even if it was LSD it couldve triggered those symptoms. Ive got them from shrooms and weed. Ofc NBOMe is much more likely to cause em, but still... Its not like LSD or other classic psychs are absolutely harmless

You guys must really hate this NBOMe shit lol

^I'm just advocating proper nomenclature. Saying NBOMe's are 'acid' is grossly inaccurate and irresponsible.

^I'm just advocating proper nomenclature. Saying NBOMe's are 'acid' is grossly inaccurate and irresponsible.

Again, I am AWARE 25b isn't LSD. acid is just a street name. Just as calling maurijuana weed and weed falls under kush, Reggie, dro etc. that's all it is. No need to be so anal if you know what I'm talking about and you KNOW (as I clearly stated pervious times) that I am already informed on this.

That's the thing though mate - you might realise the difference, but others may not. Someone might dig up this thread in their research, and suddenly they've got the false impression 25b is another form of acid. Then they read another thread stating just how safe acid is, and that you more or less can't OD.

Next thing you know the dude's dead coz he dropped a strip of 25b under the guise it was acid and thought it was safe.

You aren't clear wether or not you like the after effects you describe. If you don't, and they only happen when you smoke weed, then the answer to your problem seems obvious.

Next thing you know the dude's dead coz he dropped a strip of 25b under the guise it was acid and thought it was safe.

Must we continually have to spell it out OP? I'm being anal because 'acid' is not a street name for any effing psychedelic on blotter. It has historically solely meant the substance LSD, and even if you went into a group of young modern drug users and said the word 'acid', they would immediately think of LSD. Writing off 25b as 'street acid' is, like I said, grossly inaccurate and irresponsible. There are not 'different forms of acid', there is only the one, and it is LSD.

Sorry if you feel defensive, but is it really that hard to call it what it is??? If you have to call it something with the word 'acid' in it, can it at least be 'pseudo-acid'? That's what I call the NBOMes when I'm talking to people not knowledgeable about the variety of psychedelics out there these days, and it gets the point across without just calling the NBOMe chemicals 'acid'.

As to your issues with HPPD, I would personally stop consuming all drugs if they all seem to give you the same problems. Take a year off or something. There will be plenty more time to intoxicate in the future. Throwing more drugs on top of a drug problem never works out well.