• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Weak Orgasms on Clonazepam (Klonopin)

InTheMembrane

Greenlighter
Had a very stressful month in the middle of April and was taking up to 3mg a day typical dose would be max 1mg (2 x.5mg) pills a day, because my grandmother had passed away. Well fast forward to may and to present I have been having weak orgasms. I can ejaculate and the built up to the orgasm feels pretty normal but when the orgasm hits there is almost no feeling. Some days are better than others but still not what I was used to. Would clonazepam cause these side effects? I also started on Olanzapine at the end of april because i was having delusional thoughts. Once those kicked in i laid off of the clonazapam and only take it couple times a week when stressed or i know i'll be in an anxious situation.

31 Male

Thanks for any help or advice.

Benzodiazepines can certainly lower your libido and in turn the intensity of your orgasms. I'm speaking from experience here. Opioids and Benzodiazepines both make sex almost impossible for me. Not everyone is affected in this way by Benzodiazepines though.

Benzodiazepines can certainly lower your libido and in turn the intensity of your orgasms. I'm speaking from experience here. Opioids and Benzodiazepines both make sex almost impossible for me. Not everyone is affected in this way by Benzodiazepines though.

I certainly don't feel the urge to get off like I used to. Its odd because i can achieve orgasm and ejaculate but the pleasure where it used to feel intense in my groin (gooch) area has gone away. Sometimes it might feel pretty good but nothing like before. Its very depressing and emasculating.

Exactly the same for me. Although it seems more dose dependant when it comes to the Benzos. For example, as long as I don't go using large doses of Benzos I can sometimes be ok. But any amount of Opiate in my system no matter how small/weak and it's not happening :(

As for my I seem to have the opposite reaction to Benzos (Klonopin for 28 yrs), the more I take to more sexual pleasure I feel as it all began when I took Vyvanse about a year ago. Sex was intense but after I started lowering the dose of Klonopin sexual pleasure dropped off the map, though Vyvanse does a really good job controlling my focus and my Tourette's. I'm going to try and make it work.

Any ideas on a substitute I might try in place of the Klonopin?