European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We Love Cricket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I didn't forsee the fact that the trees they planted would obscure the view from the best spot available, but there are other ways of getting ther job done :)

I see they are trying to drag this out into tommorow, so that they dont have to give a refund to Saturdays ticket holders. :|

OK I didn't forsee the fact that the trees they planted would obscure the view from the best spot available, but there are other ways of getting ther job done :)

Good there's a test match coming up against West Indies - soon - probably next week ;)

Good there's a test match coming up against West Indies - soon - probably next week ;)

You best aim for the one of the first days......it might not go past 3 days!!!

I see they are trying to drag this out into tommorow, so that they dont have to give a refund to Saturdays ticket holders. :|

You cynic ! Must admit I was kind of agreeing with you until a few minutes ago.

Hey when does the next test start - anyone ?
Eloquently phrased by The Kid
You best aim for the one of the first days......it might not go past 3 days!!!

I'm hoping there's gonna be a secret underground tunnel which allows me free access at any time I choose - a tad unrealistic maybe ?

I heard that was your middle name yes - WI all out 256

Nice to wrap it all up in 3 days, although feel sorry for people who had tickets for today.

I used to love watching test cricket when it was on C4 back in the days, i didn't really and still don't follow it in much detail to be honest, but it was good watching the England test matches on C4.
Now its all gone to sky and shit i can't watch it anymore because i don't have sky.
Not a fan of 20/20 cricket either because its just basically mixing cricket with baseball IMO.
Not really a fan of one day matches either, I just used to really like watching the test matches from start to finish. :D

^ Mugabe, it's all about cocaine cricket.....best day out you'll have! :)

not a fan of cocaine to be honest 8o so don't think it would suit me. I used to play cricket at school but was so bad that i only ever made the team once, and that was as 12th man, but i got to field for a bit and stopped a 4 =D was the highlight of my cricketing career

You bring the chai & sandwiches & I'll bring the knowledge - we could both be blatent thorns in the side of Durham CCC and watch the whole thing without paying a penny. Might even point telly cameras at us in quiet moments! =D

May 15th - 19th that'd be next weekend - whoopee - the Sunday is doable for me

Well the Windies are here and the town centre is stowed out. Even considering being a bit of a spiv and charging for people to park in front of my house.

Glad they seem to have brought the sunshine with them :)

May 15th - 19th that'd be next weekend - whoopee - the Sunday is doable for me

You coming down then? I'll buy a new box of chai in preparation! (see I try to think of everything for a good day out =D)

Last edited:
Any of you NE crew get to see the game?

I'm glad the Aussies have left out Symonds, as i think he can be hugely destructive. The Aussie bowlers still look pretty good, although Brett Lee shouldn't worry us too much (if he makes the 11). Also their lack of quality spin could be to our gain.

Also their lack of quality spin could be to our gain.

Opening test at Cardiff looks interesting. Pitch has been described as 'poor' and Danesh Kaneria, hardly a master of the art, took about 5-7 in 8 overs there recently with the ball "turning at 90 degrees every time". Shove in Monty and Swann and you could have a test over in 2.5 days. Embarassing for Cardiff but if England won nobody would give a toss. Better than the inevitable opening defeat at Lords anyway.

Don't write Lee off. His troubles are all related to his marriage. If he gets over that (and his form in the IPL suggests he might have) he can make us look useless. He's a class bowler.

I don't think they'll be quaking at the prospect of Onions or Bresnan. Have to bet on an easy Aussie victory as things stand.

I'm not sure they will be brave enough to play both Monty and Swann.

Not sure about Lee, he's not got a great record in the UK. But he may not even get a chance anyway.

I'm not convinced about Onions and Bresnan either. I think Onions had a lot of good fortune at Lords to get his 5fer. Has Hoggy been bowling well for Yorks this year? Perhaps ideal bowlers for Cadiff would be Broad, Daisy, Freddie, Swann and Panesar.

I was temtped to put a decent bet on the Ausies to win without England registering a vistory, but destorying the Windies has made me a bit hesitant. I just hope the series is alive by the Oval, as i've got tickets! :)

I just hope the series is alive by the Oval, as i've got tickets! :)

Envy. %)

Used to live a stones throw from the Oval in my squatting days, Bonnington Square near Vauxhall tube. All my scally mates lived in the flats in Kennington where you get a grand view for nothing from the roof and hanging out the windows. That was us.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.