European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We Love Cricket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching bits and pieces of the IPL highlights, its been decent.

Couldnt see the point of the English lads going there for a fortnight though.

I think this test series will be fairly comfortable, even with the new lads who have to be blooded. Gayle is the dangerman.

My stats - 8 overs, 3 maidens, 1 wicket for only 13 runs.
Batting: went in as number 8 and got 3, not out.

Good figures, young un, but the batting could obviously do with some work. ;)

Hahaha, that is quality!!

I think the Aussies have learnt their lesson from last visit. The have a tall Tasmanian bowler (Hillfinhuas) who swings it at pace that they have been grooming for the last 12 months. They essentially looked for another Terry Alderman.

More of a concern to the Poms is Mitchell Johnson who started to move it both ways in South Africa. Left handed express paceman going in and out? Upstaged Styen in his own backyard, bit of a chance he could burn out though.

I'm not sure sure yet about Hilfinhaus, but Johnson is a bit of a worry. The fucker can bat as well!! :\

20/20...IPL....the Ritalin cup for those with no attention spans.

Bring back timeless tests. ;)

Tests are the pinnacle for sure. I rarely watch 1 dayers, but will watch the odd Twenty20 for amusement.

England 152 - 4 not exactly battering anyone then :|

Lets hope there's no false hope before the ashes just a realisation that predetermined tactics are needed to be employed - man for man talentwise we're second best - but then again so we were in 2005.

Hmmm, not great so far.

However, one of the best things about cricket is listening to test match special. Aggers and Tuffers are having some great banter about bbq's....:)

^ Yeah I love it as well - anyway must speed away to do other things - hey pop into the tea shop kid it's open again

^ Unfortunately I don't drink tea.............

EDIT:- Fucking hell, Tuffnell and Aggers are a pair of comedy genius'!! :)

289-7, end of day one.

Methinks....WI fielding a shambles, England could have been skittled for under 200 by a better side (who can catch the ball).

Prediction....England to press on to 325-350, Windies knocked out for under 200 provided Gayle goes early.

289-7 is a shit score for England. In fact, it's actually a good score if you consider the dropped catches by the Windies.

We are going to struggle big time v the Aussies. I shall be looking at the odds of 5-0 Australia. :(

289-7, end of day one.

Methinks....WI fielding a shambles, England could have been skittled for under 200 by a better side (who can catch the ball).

Prediction....England to press on to 325-350, Windies knocked out for under 200 provided Gayle goes early.

.....And if England bowl reasonably well. Daisy needs to perform. Looking forward to seeing Onions.

Don't England usually struggle at Lords?

Saw on the TV that the average first innings score at Lords is 400 (going back 10 tests). So 289 looks well below par. Only saw a bit of play early on, when Cook and Bopara were batting. It didn't seem too difficult then.

If I were Fidel Edwards I would sit alone & look pointedly out of the window - poor guy.

His swing bowling was good to watch - hope England can match him.

Brilliant comment from Tuffers.....

"I hated being a nightwatchman. They only asked me once....and i was out second ball for 4" :)

West Indies 1st innings R B 4s 6s SR
CH Gayle b Broad 28
DS Smith b Swann 46
RR Sarwan c Prior b Broad 13
LMP Simmons c Strauss b Onions 16
S Chanderpaul c Collingwood b Swann 0
BP Nash c Collingwood b Swann 4
D Ramdin not out 0
JE Taylor c Prior b Onions 0
Extras (lb 9, w 1) 10

Total (7 wickets; 24.3 overs) 117 (4.77 runs per over)

To bat SJ Benn, FH Edwards, LS Baker

They'll be lucky to get 150....I don't think the WIndies are taking this too seriously. :(

I can't keep up. 119-8, Onions three wickets in one over, four wickets in seven balls to England.

I'll chip in once the ashes start.. 'mon the aussies!

For any matches on Durham's home ground, ask & I'll show you how to get to see a match for nowt (lived here long enough to tknow the area inside out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.