• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

we all know the bad, but is there anything GOOD about bein a dope addict?

/marijuana high rant
I was 13 when I first tried heroin, I took a line off my older bro's desk & was never "officially" (when I first started feeling dope-sickness - with good reason). I've been smoking it mostly & shooting it every once & a while along with my first love amphetamine.
The one thing good that has come about from my drug use is to haul ass in school so I can get into med school. Med major, minor in organic chem & philosophy. I found Bluelight looking up drugs & some of the shit I've read here has helped to spark an interest along with a friend of mine whom also does dope & went to med school.
Just thought I'd share that touching story with you ;o

I enjoy the fact that heroin keeps my emotions nice and stable. Rather than having lots to worry about my only concern is being able to score when I need to.
I also like the fact that it totally kills my sex drive so I have no need to go out to try and get laid or to have some girlfriend who would only get in the way of the lifestyle I have chosen to live.
I enjoy the fact that I don't get too upset about situations that would have previously stressed me out. I have never been arrested after taking gear unlike when I have been pissed and assaulted police etc.

You can draw blood to make fucked up art with your bodily fluids.

It is easy/ nothin for me to put in an IV bag with drip after a long (60 mile +) bike ride, or even a really bad night of drinking.

I am slowly taking over more and more of my own medical care. Once I realized that injecting things wasn't really that difficult to learn, it made me re-evaluate many of the simple services I seek out.

Dropping out. What's good about dropping out...

Music speaks to me, i notice nature a lot more - i could just stare at a tree blowin' in the wind for an hour. Obviously all the hustle bustle i need an oil change/i should really see about this job/fuck, my mom called yesterday i should really call her back/shit my boy is really in a toxic relationship and his psycho bitch just moved out here without telling anyone i need to get him out pronto/i hope i didn't offend last night at the bar when i said X, etc. really, really does not matter.

I'm a nicer person, probably too nice. People get used to me being really generous/laizzes faire/go with the flow. I'll go just about anywhere, i'll share whatever, find a way to agree with people's asinine viewpoints just to give them peace of mind.

I'm a genius. I mean, i'm always a genius but i'm able to reign it in so that i say just the right thing at the right time instead of coming off like those commercials where someone says "Alaska" then people start spitting out like "Vacation in Alaska, Alaska Gold Rush of 1879, Serve Baked Alaska at your wedding" only i'm usually even worse than that and would be like "Into the wild is about a kid named Chris McCandless and he goes to Alaska, and but like before he goes he burns all his money, but like the funny thing about money is that when i was 17 i went to Montreal and exchanged $400 and they gave me back like $650, and it looked like Monopoly money, and i got really drunk, and they have the hottest black strippers, and they let you grab their ass and stuff..." Yeah. Shit, i really do that.

Anyway, what else...hm, i never wonder if like...you know when you see a group of asshats that are all walking, talking, and acting the same when you're out, and they cast this kind of look at you like "dudewheresyourskinnyjeenz". I'm able to recognize that yes, actually it's something wrong with all of them, and it's me that's fine. I don't suffer too bad when i'm not high, but you know that pang. Everyone wants to fit in, let's be honest, you want to be liked, even by tools.

To be clear i don't shoot dope, most of what i'm talking about is a good, deep tea stone that has me completely pinned and giving a nod that i can usually pull myself out of.

What else, what else. When you come off dopiates for a week or so and get out into some real shit, it's nice knowing that if shit gets too deep you can always retreat and crawl back into that warm place. I can blast Bluegrass in the hood, and NWA in the nice part 'a town without feeling self conscious at all. If you feel it, they won't hate; if you feel it, they won't hate.

I'm never bored, i can do absolutely nothing for hours and be totally content.

Well that's about enough, to be clear, dope is a great crutch but that crutch turns to lead pretty quick and where it used to aid me in my daily grind, it hits a point pretty quick that it just impedes me from making any progress whatsoever.

But...whatever...look at the tree...

Dropping out. What's good about dropping out...

To be clear i don't shoot dope, most of what i'm talking about is a good, deep tea stone that has me completely pinned and giving a nod that i can usually pull myself out of.

You know, i had to come back and call myself out on this. Most of this is bullshit. Some of these things are true all the time, but for the most part all of these 'good things about dropping out' are when i hit that magical right dose, am in a good mood, and have stuff going on in my life that's good.

If i'm nodding and around other people, i'm not usually in genius mode, it's usually a bunch of people who aren't on opiates staring at me wondering WTF is wrong w/me. Let's be real. All the things i mentioned are a combination of good things i've felt when the conditions were right. I've also been in 'i'm being persecuted for something that's not harming anyone, fuck all of you' mode a lot of the time.

/end rant

i agree an addict's level of determination to get what they want is unparralleled. I am sure we are all now so skilled in the art of manipulation and lying its such a shame we cant put it on our resumes as skills we possess.

Heroin is the perfect drug to fuck off to or be productive with. It takes the "you" out of the equation and replaces it with an enlightened, pain-free superhuman. It just feels real fucking good, too. Like really fucking good. it almost makes all of the fucked up shit that has happened in your life worth it when you get that nice, thick, dark shot in your veins that you've been craving for oh so long.

The amazing, unique life experiences. The people and their fascinating stories. I have the most amazing friends because of dope, they are truly amazing. Through the years I have gained true inner peace, I know exactly who I am and I like who I have become. I have compassion and empathy for people. I'm very unmaterialistic. Dope gave me a happiness I had never before felt. Dope also takes away my raging social anxiety and lets me connect with people in ways I wasn't able to before. Strangely though, I'm a horrible liar. Every time I try to lie I get panic attacks and it doesn't go well at all.

Nah, Insulin is IM, dope is IV.

And the prize to wolfmans brother for being the first person in the thread to post a reply that actually answers the thread!;) (no offense to the rest of yall who posted before him)

Anyways, it is kinda hard now that you think of it right. we can all LOL for days in the 'you know you a junkie' thread and shit like that, talkin about all the bad shit and laughin about it, but when it comes to actual good things that came out of it, all we hear is some crickets, pretty much. guess that should tell us somethin, huh.....

I do agree that if nothin else, you sure do learn a whole fuckin lot about yourself. Some of it is shit you never wanted to know. but in the end, i can say one good thing about it is that it definately makes you stronger. did for me at least. You get thru that shit, you kick that habit successfully , it kinda gives u perspective on other tough situations in life and you realize how much easier shit seems, how much stronger you are now, you know?

Insulin is sub-dermal in many cases..
Also very true shit^^

You can have sex for hours and hours... and hours.

...and hours.

Word;)

I enjoy the fact that heroin keeps my emotions nice and stable. Rather than having lots to worry about my only concern is being able to score when I need to.
I also like the fact that it totally kills my sex drive so I have no need to go out to try and get laid or to have some girlfriend who would only get in the way of the lifestyle I have chosen to live.
I enjoy the fact that I don't get too upset about situations that would have previously stressed me out. I have never been arrested after taking gear unlike when I have been pissed and assaulted police etc.

I agree with alot of your points except for the gf part because I have one & she enjoys doing what I do, so its all good.

Also, I never did heroin but have done morphine & other opiates & then tend to make me feel just like heroin makes you feel with your above statements.

I remember seeing a thread in another part of BL about the etiquette of taking a dump in someone elses house and stinking the place up. I thought, "hey, another good thing about being a dope addict: not having to worry about that."

bad things about having dope addict friends in your house/apartment:
getting your money stolen
getting your suboxene stolen
getting your electronics stolen
telling them not to steal from your neighbors and they do anyway
when something goes missing when you have 2 people over and they blame eachother

good things:
they never take dumps and stink up your bathroom
they usually never need to be fed
nodding/passed out people never annoy the neighbors or cause mayhem
they aren't disgusted when you use (clean) needles in front of them
they are the only people besides your grandpa willing to talk about things like painful bowel movements and constipation
if they want to buy dope while they are hanging out at your house, they will probably get you something too

It's like a little miracle every single time you get well. Beautiful.

Also? Humility. Definitely.

Well, I'm note sure about being an addict, but certainly Heroin use has its benefits: experiencing amazing pleasure, most notably.

If you keep your Heroin use under-control, there aren't really many down-sides.