• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Water for IV use

jorge12

Greenlighter
Hi in my country (Eastern Europe) i cant buy water for injections because its rx only, what should I use as a safe replacement? Its my first time iv heroin. I bought stericup, sterifil and 30g 12mm 1ml needle, but can not buy water for injections what to use ? :?

Hi in my country (Eastern Europe) i cant buy water for injections because its rx only, what should I use as a safe replacement? Its my first time iv heroin. I bought stericup, sterifil and 30g 12mm 1ml needle, but can not buy water for injections what to use ? :?

That's crazy. You can buy all the other kit but not sterile water?

I would say tap water as it served me well for years, but I don't know the quality of your water supply so I suggest bottled water. Just make sure you heat it well when cooking up.

Sterile saline wound wash. It doesn't contain benzyl alcohol, though, so keep it in the fridge.

You should get some alcohol pads as well to clean the injection site.

That's crazy. You can buy all the other kit but not sterile water?

I would say tap water as it served me well for years, but I don't know the quality of your water supply so I suggest bottled water. Just make sure you heat it well when cooking up.

Yea order the all the kit from uk because in my country we dont have much many harmreduction services and they cant ship my injection water (rx in my coutry) i will get some bottled water and sterilize it in presure cooker :D I hope it will be enough. Its my first time injecting and using opiates so iam little nervous. Any tips ?

Sterile saline wound wash. It doesn't contain benzyl alcohol, though, so keep it in the fridge.

You should get some alcohol pads as well to clean the injection site.

Thanks good tip, but they say on the bottle ''not for injections'' but its probably safe.

If this is your first time injecting opiates please be very careful with your dosing, start at the low end to get a feel for how the drug feels this way. hopefully fentanyl isn't as common an additive to heroin where you are as it is here in the USA.

also this might be a no brainer, but i recommend boiling your shot in a spoon or whatever even if the heroin readily dissolves and you're using pre-sterilized water already, because the heroin itself is not considered sterile. you don't know what kinds of microbes have entered it from yours and your dealers' hands, let alone the spoon, etc. when you inject you are putting on the act that you are a professional performing surgery on himself to get well; it's part of the fun so do it well and you'll get through it alive for the next show

It's absolutely insane that sterile water is a controlled substance. The people up top can't outright say it but i swear they are purposely trying to kill addicts.

I hope every one of the politicians who campaign against harm reduction has their child become horribly addicted to heroin and sees first hand how this "tough love" strategy of having users suffer needlessly is only killing people that just need help.

Last edited:
idk what part of eastern europe you are but sterile saline in Romania is commonly dispensed without a script.

If this is your first time injecting opiates please be very careful with your dosing, start at the low end to get a feel for how the drug feels this way. hopefully fentanyl isn't as common an additive to heroin where you are as it is here in the USA.

also this might be a no brainer, but i recommend boiling your shot in a spoon or whatever even if the heroin readily dissolves and you're using pre-sterilized water already, because the heroin itself is not considered sterile. you don't know what kinds of microbes have entered it from yours and your dealers' hands, let alone the spoon, etc. when you inject you are putting on the act that you are a professional performing surgery on himself to get well; it's part of the fun so do it well and you'll get through it alive for the next show

Its heroin base so i will probably need to boil it and use citric to do iv, its my first doing any kind of iv and my friend lab tested h i have and he says its more then 70% pure so what will be good dosage ? something like 50mg or more ?

If it really is 70% pure then you should start off with no more than 10 - 20mg. 50mg IV with no tolerance is potentially dangerous.

If it really is 70% pure then you should start off with no more than 10 - 20mg. 50mg IV with no tolerance is potentially dangerous.

Thanks :), one last thing, how can i know if i hit the vein right ? it should be painful or not ?