• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Water for Injection- Pure or Saline

dce_edu

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,
I went to a needle exchange for the first time the other day and was offered 2 types of sterile water- regular pure water, and saline water (0.9% saline).
I have tried both and don't really notice much of a difference, except maybe a little bit in the taste I get in the back of my mouth with the saline. I know that the saline solution more closely mimics your blood and that is what they use for injection at the hospital and in medical settings.
Is there any real advantage to the saline? Does it matter at all or is it simply personal preference? What do you prefer?
Thanks in advance for any input!

pH of water lyses (bursts) red blood cells
This is dangerous
pH of saline works with your blood. This is healthier

Either one will be fine to use. Simply using those little waters/saline bottles you are reducing Harm significantly. Beats getting your water from a puddle or a tap.

Either one will be fine to use. Simply using those little waters/saline bottles you are reducing Harm significantly. Beats getting your water from a puddle or a tap.

Word. I got sepsis from sucking up rain water off of a leaf and then cold-cooking some tar.

I agree that either one is fine. I guess the saline might be a bit better, but it's not like the water is going to kill you if it's coming from those little ampules.

I agree both are good. Tons better than bottled or tap water. I use them whenever I can. I just got a huge box.

Now I haven't done too much research, but I know the H out here is very acidic and I personally feel better using a saline solution.

Either is fine. We use both in the hospital, depending on the drug being administered.