• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Watch_Dogs

JoeTheStoner

Bluelighter
who else is going to play this at launch ? i've been hype for it since e3 2012, upgraded pc just for it. after a 6 month delay finally comes out on the 27th of this month.

if you are, what system ya going to play it on ?

Last edited:
I'm getting it for the PC. Its going to be a horrible experience on consoles - Xbox One is 792p @ 30FPS, PS4 is 900p @ 30FPS - I'll be playing it on my laptop at high settings 1080p @ 50-60FPS.

Looks like an epic game and I'm not passing up on it for anything. Kind of sucks about the consoles though... I just got the PS4 but I'm very sensitive to frame rate - 30FPS is unplayable for me.

yea. such controversy since xbone/ps4 specs were announced, especially since this was originally suppose to be a launch title back in November and show what the next gen consoles can do.

kinda worried about pc requirements for ultra tbh. ubisoft is pretty eh when it comes to optimization it seems. far cry 3 ran great yet ac4 was pretty bad. plus it seems companies love to exaggerate requirements lately (wolfenstein new order)

o well, only one way to know... 6 more days =)

If I get it, I'm leaning towards PC but my "old" gaming laptop may not be good enough for this. Time for a new one I guess if so.

even tho i don't know specs of your old laptop, ubisoft says this game to be very cpu dependent. ( According to Morin, dual-cores CPUs will not be able to run Watch_Dogs )

some info about pc requirements from the creative director, http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch...more-information-about-pc-specs-requirements/

my cpu is below what they recommend for ultra but then i have 670s in sli (Morin also claimed that a GTX670 will be able to run the game at Ultra settings) and my i5-3570k is overclocked @ 4.2ghz, im hoping since its oc'd and im running sli it will give me the power needed to push this at ultra/1080p/solid 60fps... or maybe a couple tweaks like anti-aliasing, etc to get it @60fps. then again these specs can exaggerated.

MagickalKat777, what's up with your new pc build ? i recall you mentioning you were going to get a new one awhile back...

Last edited:
I went with a laptop instead Joe.

Sager NP9377 Special Edition from XOTIC PC
4940MX @ 3.3GHz
GTX 880M 8GB (2 of them in SLI)
32GB DDR3-1600
2x240GB Crucial M500 SSDs in RAID0 for the boot drive
2x1TB 7200RPM Hitachi Travelstar storage drives (no RAID although I am considering it)

Its an epic machine man. Out of the box Bioshock Infinite's Ultra + DDOF 1080p preset has a 90FPS average and my Fire Strike score in 3DMark 13 is 9100. My laptop's graphics performance is in the 89th percentile for all machines tested - laptops usually score in the 5500 range on that benchmark.

Needless to say, I pre-ordered Watch_Dogs for my PC, especially since DS4 Tool lets me use my DS4 controller with 360 controller emulation over Bluetooth with none of the issues that the official 360 controller has when its on wireless.

Here's the pics I have so far, including benchmarks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124320551@N04/sets/72157644774793902/

^ wow. epic indeed. im sure ya can't wait to feed watch_dogs to that beastly machine =)

^ wow. epic indeed. im sure ya can't wait to feed watch_dogs to that beastly machine =)

Yeah I'm stoked for it! Its got a 120hz panel too - really nice.

Overall I'm happy with it plus I undervolted the processor today which boosted my clock rate to 3.69GHz when all 4 cores are maxed (its base stock speed is 3.1 with a 3.3GHz boost when the thermals are low and a turbo up to 4GHz for a burst period). Eats anything I've thrown at it and asks for more. LOL!

I honestly wouldn't have purchased the game if I was forced to 30FPS on a console. Plus its not even 1080p? No way. Must be embarrassing for Sony and Microsoft that their consoles can't keep up with a flagship game.

So... This game seriously beats down even the most modern of computers.

My two GTX 880M's in SLi are equivalent to one desktop card - between the 780 and 780 Ti.

Ultra mode? 20-30FPS. Yet another poorly optimized Ubisoft game. Its fun though. I just have to play it on high settings (40-70FPS) and go about my day. Plays great with my PS4 Dualshock 4 controller paired with DS4tool - completely emulates a 360 controller and the game recognizes it as one.

^ yea that's what i've been reading. debating about installing new beta drivers or waiting to see if nvidia releases newer version in the next day or so.

ah but still lookin forward to playin later tonight

alrighty, new drivers installed, game pre-loaded, will unlock in 40 minutes. hype level = maximum

hopefully it updates as soon as i run it for day one patch...

ypZWAu9.png

and here is the tweaking guide from nvidia http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/watch-dogs-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

if i can run it on what it recommends for my setup i'll be one happy camper, and in all reality it should but then again shitty optimization... could always get better with a few patches.

so anxious, like i mentioned been waitin for this game since e3 2012

I forgot to come back and update what happened with the new drivers.

Ultra (1080p) + 4x TXAA:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
27227, 192562, 41, 219, 141.393

To say I'm thrilled is an understatement!

Last edited:
^ :) that's awesome

just played for a lil over 2 hours. i can tell already i will love this game, these types of games that deal with hacking/technology are my favorite.

graphics wise im running high textures and shader everything else ultra and it does look beautiful imo. haven't done any tweaking but i mean it runs fine and looks great so why bother ?

anywho im satisfied, look forward to really getting into the campaign. im sure i'll replay this a few times. had shoot stuff up just for fun, next play through i'll use a stealth approach =)

It definitely needs some bugs fixed... I've crashed to desktop.

uPlay is a nightmare... I'm considering patching it for single player only and removing uPlay. I didn't pay 70 bucks to not be able to play because of server issues...

On "ultra" how does PC look compared to PS4?

Here's a comparison: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05/27/watch-dogs-face-off-pc-vs-ps4/86291/

The PC has less jaggies.

The biggest difference is with nVidia TXAA which they don't use in that comparison. TXAA makes everything look dated.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that the PC runs 1080p @ 60+FPS (with a capable machine) while the PS4 is limited to 900p @ 30FPS. You can really notice the difference in smoothness between 30 and 60 when driving.

Here's a comparison: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05/27/watch-dogs-face-off-pc-vs-ps4/86291/

The PC has less jaggies.

The biggest difference is with nVidia TXAA which they don't use in that comparison. TXAA makes everything look dated.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that the PC runs 1080p @ 60+FPS (with a capable machine) while the PS4 is limited to 900p @ 30FPS. You can really notice the difference in smoothness between 30 and 60 when driving.

What exactly would you say jaggies is? When you look at PC and PS4 and compare the two you can notice the difference. Thank you for the link Kat.