• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Was this an overdose?

koefish1

Greenlighter
Please help if you have any answers or experience.I’m thinking I was very close to overdosing on oxycodone today.This scared the shit out of me as my son and mom were present and unsure what to do or how to help.I used 30mg unconventionally and while my nose burned afterwards,about 10 minutes after use,I felt like I was out of my body,I stared sweating,shallow breathing,disoriented,threw up ,had diarrhea. I ended using narcan on myself and felt horrible after(my symptoms were worsening) Just as I was about to call 911 ,I laid down and the symptoms stated to slowly disappear.Was this an overdose? Has anyone had this happen before? I have quite a few of these oxy left and am scared shitless to use ,but also have an addiction,so don’t want to withdrawal either .Please send any similar experience or information that may help.

When you say unconventionally do you mean you snorted them?

If you already have an addiction to oxycodone I would very likely think that 30mg wouldn't be enough to make you overdose.

What is your normal dose?

As well, are these oxy tested?? That I guess is the big question, is if they are not they could be pressed fentanyl pills, in which case, yes an overdose is quite possible.

Thank you for your reply.Yes I snorted them. 30mg is very low for me as well,so I was surprised by what my reaction was . After using the narcan ,I felt a rush of withdrawal symptoms come on (chills,vomiting ect) Then was stupid and took orally 10mg of prescription oxycodone,which calmed all symptoms .This was all very scary as I have used opioids for many years and never experienced anything like this.Definitely must be some bad pills.My thought was fentanyl as well.

Thank you for your reply.Yes I snorted them. 30mg is very low for me as well,so I was surprised by what my reaction was . After using the narcan ,I felt a rush of withdrawal symptoms come on (chills,vomiting ect) Then was stupid and took orally 10mg of prescription oxycodone,which calmed all symptoms .This was all very scary as I have used opioids for many years and never experienced anything like this.Definitely must be some bad pills.My thought was fentanyl as well.
Sounds like bad pills to me, especially if you didn't get them through standard means. I would test them, and say something to the person that sold them to you.

I did contact the person ,who showed me the prescription bottle,but that doesn’t mean anything necessarily.Could have gotten them anywhere honestly…Well that was a waste of some hard earned cash,but lesson definitely learned! That you for replying,much appreciated.

I did contact the person ,who showed me the prescription bottle,but that doesn’t mean anything necessarily.Could have gotten them anywhere honestly…Well that was a waste of some hard earned cash,but lesson definitely learned! That you for replying,much appreciated.

Definitely sounds like fake pills. Sounds like you got what is known as a "dirty 30", a fentanyl containing pressed pill.

Any supposed "30mg oxycodone" tablet obtained these days from anywhere other than pharmacy is overwhelmingly likely to be fake.

You are most likely correct,and I have learned my lesson.Now if these doctors would actually prescribe correct prescriptions ,to the correct patients, that would be great and I wouldn’t seek pharmaceuticals from the wrong hands …but that’s living in a fantasy land .I will try stick to the legal substances for pain from now on.Thanks for replying.

Glad you're okay. It definitely does sound like a mild overdose, and they were very likely fake pressed pills (these are extremely common nowadays).

Please help if you have any answers or experience.I’m thinking I was very close to overdosing on oxycodone today.This scared the shit out of me as my son and mom were present and unsure what to do or how to help.I used 30mg unconventionally and while my nose burned afterwards,about 10 minutes after use,I felt like I was out of my body,I stared sweating,shallow breathing,disoriented,threw up ,had diarrhea. I ended using narcan on myself and felt horrible after(my symptoms were worsening) Just as I was about to call 911 ,I laid down and the symptoms stated to slowly disappear.Was this an overdose? Has anyone had this happen before? I have quite a few of these oxy left and am scared shitless to use ,but also have an addiction,so don’t want to withdrawal either .Please send any similar experience or information that may help.
Yes something was definitely not right with those pills. Not only do I think you must've had some fent or similar analogue in there, but that they were cut with some toxic shit to boot. Vomiting and diarrhea is not really a thing with a pure opiate overdose but IS a standard reaction to poisoning. I'd throw these out and consider myself a lucky bastard.