• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Was Judas a hero and most trusted disciple, or a traitor?

Judas has been demonized for so long....
My opinion? lol
If it weren't for him/her the christian religion would not be around. Sooooooooo... those who follow should saint-hood his/her ass forthwith: Should be a hero but the gullibility of the masses are too great for this.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
My opinion? lol
If it weren't for him/her the christian religion would not be around. Sooooooooo... those who follow should saint-hood his/her ass forthwith: Should be a hero but the gullibility of the masses are too great for this.

Can't have the average guy thinking. Right?

Regards
DL

Seems we all become the "traitor" at some point{s} in our lives.
Not proud of any on my moments by far and rue them to this day.
I wonder now if it was a suicide or if he was hanged (by whatever side)? Easy enough no DNA or whatever back then.... :unsure:
Thought provoking.

Judas played his part and I cast no judgement.

I do observe that he committed suicide. You decide.
You are judging that Judas was acting on his own and not for Jesus, even as the story has Satan entering Judas only after he accepted his despicable task.

Suicide, or taking Satan to hell?

How literal do you want to read this myth?

If literally, Judas is the hero of the last supper.

That is why the other apostles did not lift a finger.

They knew what was up.

We are to dumb to recognize the sop that Jesus gave to Judas point to that truth.

Regards
DL

You are judging that Judas was acting on his own and not for Jesus, even as the story has Satan entering Judas only after he accepted his despicable task.

Suicide, or taking Satan to hell?

How literal do you want to read this myth?

If literally, Judas is the hero of the last supper.

That is why the other apostles did not lift a finger.

They knew what was up.

We are to dumb to recognize the sop that Jesus gave to Judas point to that truth.

Regards
DL
You're projecting that... You have no way to know what I think.

Nice try

Seems we all become the "traitor" at some point{s} in our lives.
Not proud of any on my moments by far and rue them to this day.
I wonder now if it was a suicide or if he was hanged (by whatever side)? Easy enough no DNA or whatever back then.... :unsure:
Thought provoking.

Traitor or whistle blower?

The morality decides which of the term you choose.

I blew two whistles where my side would see me more as a traitor.

In that sense, I am quite proud.

Jesus was there to test the messianic prophesies. What else?

This testing shown when the Jews take his death on their heads and do not allow the Roman's to take the glory for their sacrifice of their hopefully returning King. The Great Destroyer of Rome.

Regards
DL

Great to see the conversation around Judas and his role in the crucifixion story.
I try, but Kat and other of his like spoil the soup.

He likes to treat members like yo-yos with his ban power.

Kill a lot of where I input.

Won't be long.

Regards
DL

Yeah there is the definition(s) and perspective(s) that need looking into, imo.
Intent?
By this we are free to do what we will without "judgement" but some are going to get butt-hurt so we have to use restraint, no?
When I get "buggy" people that may be around are "concerned". haha I just have to go about my business and all is well. Doing better with this recently, for what its worth.
Glad to see ya posting.
Peace

Yeah there is the definition(s) and perspective(s) that need looking into, imo.

Intent?
By this we are free to do what we will without "judgement" but some are going to get butt-hurt so we have to use restraint, no?
When I get "buggy" people that may be around are "concerned". haha I just have to go about my business and all is well. Doing better with this recently, for what its worth.
Glad to see ya posting.
Peace
IDK.

I judge and decide what I will give myself freedom to do.

In moral thinking and ethical actions, I do not think restraint is an applicable word.

One either does it, or does not.

If love is to rule us, as it does, then I see no good in restraining it.

Regards
DL

9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols?
1 Cor 8
Our freedom to do and partake can become an issue if I read this correctly.
Also if this writing has any validity at all.

1 Cor 8
Our freedom to do and partake can become an issue if I read this correctly.
Also if this writing has any validity at all.
We no longer do food offerings as we no longer forgive each other.

That was the whole reason for the sacrifice.

Social adhesion and a healthy collective was what was sought.

I see this as a dead topic as sacrifice no longer means the same thing.

Sacrifice was a healthy show of communal love and forgiveness.

Now we think of sacrifices as guilt offerings.

We now have garbage in terms of the meanings of the topic.

Regards
DL

Lots of garbage no doubt.
I have to dig through it daily and it reeks.
Back to Judas then:
He was the purser was he not? Most of these are trusted amongst others to a higher degree usually.
I mean if I can trust one with my money surely I could put my life in their hands, no? Doesnt read like that was the case here.
Wish I could talk to him (Judas). Wondering now if there may be any surviving writings of his....
Peace

I for sure have my own beliefs on this. To me it seemed Jesus knew his friend Judas would rat him out. The first thing Jesus did was forgive him but not even only because at the point Jesus knew the time was at hand. It seemed to fulfill the journey. If Judas did not do that you are correct Lil, we would not even Christianity. It had to happen and I think Jesus helped his friend Judas clear karma by forgiving. I think it is very clear at that point he knew what Judas was going to do. Hell at the last supper I believe he knew.

No Judas, no scriptures.

Sorry for the double post, but in Mans Eternal Quest Paramahansa Yogananda gave an example of reincarnation. And if you go back and looked at the texts, you will see a lot of similarities. Jesus and John the Baptist were Elijah and Elisha come back. Read the similarities between the kings book, Elijah and Elisha, and then read the New Testament with with John the Baptist and Jesus. If I have some time I’ll do some of the parallels. It seems Jesus recognized John the the Baptist too.

Last edited:
It seems Jesus recognized John the the Baptist too
If I am not mistaken jesus saw himelf (at some point) "below" the figure of the baptist.
If anything can be trusted these days and for what it is worth. Here:
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.

14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.
source

I dont know I could be way off base wasnt there. :)

oh supposedly cousins and grew up together? not sure about any of it wasnt me.
Peace

According to what was written Mary was Elizabeth's much younger cousin and they were pregnant at the same time as each other. When the the Angel Gabriel announced to Mary that she was pregnant she didn't see how it was possible since she was a virgin and that the pregnancy of Elizabeth (already past child bearing age) as as sign to Mary that this was not only possible, but had already occurred, Mary visited Elizabeth for a few months during her pregnancy and lived with Elizabeth so the two mothers were definitely not strangers according to to the scriptures .
So yes, they knew each other. Additionally, Jesus was circumcised and purified according to the Hebrew beliefs in addition to being baptized. Some religions teach that He underwent circumcision and the baptism so as to show that He observed the religious requirements of that time to teach that even the Son of God was required to follow the requirements of the old Testament (agreement) and that the new Testament (agreement) had different yet similar requirements as a symbol of acceptance of the agreement.

Last edited:
Lots of garbage no doubt.
I have to dig through it daily and it reeks.
Back to Judas then:
He was the purser was he not? Most of these are trusted amongst others to a higher degree usually.
I mean if I can trust one with my money surely I could put my life in their hands, no? Doesnt read like that was the case here.
Wish I could talk to him (Judas). Wondering now if there may be any surviving writings of his....
Peace

On the trajic sop.

"hereby ‘the tragic sop,’ ‘that fatal sop’—which sealed the traitor’s doom. It seems much more probable, then, that this sop was not the specific Paschal sop passed round to the company by the host, but a particular sop that Jesus offered to Judas on purely personal grounds. At an Oriental feast the host sometimes presented a guest with a special tit-bit from the food on the table, as a distinguishing mark of his favour. And it was not by any accident of Judas’ position at the table, but because of a deep purpose in the heart of Jesus, that this sop was given."

The sop shows Judas's special place of favor in Jesus' eyes.

You do not nee Judas to confirm what scriptures say.

Remember that Jesus wanted his suicide by cop.

Regards
DL