• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Warning: Laced Norocs in California

Cherrysoduh

Greenlighter
Hello,

I was reading the news this evening and ran across an article saying that nearly 30 people have overdosed and 6 have died from Norocs that are laced with fentanyl since March 23rd. Scary stuff and a heads up for those of you in California. The article is on MSN but I am sure it can be found elsewhere.

I've seen a few articles lately in the news where it appears that people are pressing their own homemade pills to look like legit pills from a pharmacy and people are overdosing. Scary stuff.

Also, I believe this goes under the other drugs. However, when I tried to post it kept asking for the prefix or subgroup which would be opioids but I couldn't figure out how to do that. I read the Read This Before Posting thing at the top but didn't see the directions. Maybe it's because I am mobile? Not sure

Moved.

OP, if you wanted to post one of the articles in DiTM, it would be good.
We need to get word around.

I found this article about them. Stay safe.

Fox40 said:
SACRAMENTO --

County public health officials are continuing to warn the public about a lethal drug mix pill that has already claimed several lives.

The number of cases is growing, 20 people have overdosed and five more have died after taking the commonly abused prescription drugs Vicodin and Norco, according to Sacramento County's Department of Public Health.

County officials believe a batch of those pills is being sold on the streets laced with the much more potent drug Fentanyl.

The pills are easier to get on the street than you might think.

"Said that they got the pills from friends, neighbors or family members, and a few people said they got them from strangers," said Dr. Olivia Kasirye, Sacramento County's public health officer.

Kasirye said the pills were laced with Fentanyl, a pain-killer typically prescribed to patients with severe cancer.

"Fentanyl is of course about 100 times more powerful than heroin," said Sandi Snelgrove, executive director of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Sacramento Region Affiliate.

She added that mixing different types of drugs is not uncommon.

"Drug addicts or people who are abusing drugs don't tend to be responsible users, but we see things like heroin and cocaine mixtures, I've never seen anything quite like this," she said.

For Vicodin and Norco users who've never had Fentanyl before, the mixture is fatal.

"They may start feeling faint, they may collapse. Their breathing may slow down and even stop," said Kasirye.

Users can't see or smell the difference, according to Kasirye.

While Snelgrove said this should be a wake up call for opiate abusers to seek help and treatment, she said family members of those who are not stopping should know about an antidote.

"There's the overdose reversal medication called Narcan, and they want everybody to get ahold of these kits," Snelgrove said

She said the kits are available from Harm Reduction Services for free, which can save lives.

"You can inject this and bring them back from an overdose," she said.

For more information on where you can get the opiate overdose reversal kit, call Harm Reduction Services at (916)456-4849.

Article link:
http://fox40.com/2016/03/28/20-over...ounty-after-taking-drugs-laced-with-fentanyl/

Thanks for letting us know.

It's disgusting that people cut stuff with fentanyl, all these death are just because of some greedy bastards.

The official oversight on this has been horrible. This was first reported over the weekend, I think. In the back pages of the front section of the paper (I don't watch tv news -- the excerpt from "Priest They Called Him", was from Fox 40, of all places, and it is dated today). It may have been mentioned on other stations too, but I started telling people about this last weekend, and no one I told had even heard of it, so clearly there wasn't a coordinated effort to get the news out. Today was the first day it made headline news. They've apparently known about it since last Thursday.

The paper has been reporting on it for several days, but they've buried in the back pages of the front section of the newspaper. And it was played way down -- the paper or the Sheriff's Office or someone wouldn't even confirm that there had been any fatalities until today, although you've gotta figure someone expecting 10 mg of vicodin and getting 80 mg of fentanyl is not likely to have a good experience (the paper said today that the amount of fentanyl was 80 TIMES AS STRONG AS THE NORCO!- I see Fox says it's a hundred times as strong, and a local hospital volunteered that it was 50-100 times more powerful than MORPHINE.). Somebody meant for people to die, and they did. 20 overdoses, including fatalities so far. And the authorities essentially seemed to sit on it for a week. I mean the people I told about it, were exactly the same people who most NEEDED to know about it.

There appear to be cases in neighboring counties as well, so this isn't isolated to Sacramento County. Regrettably, authorities have "no further comment" on that. Just for the record, they appear to believe it's shown up in Contra Costa County, down in east Bay area, just north of Alameda County, although I'd be surprised if it were limited to that county. It's nice that Fox Forty carried info about getting Narfan. The newspaper has not once so much as mentioned the word. In fact, The Sacramento Bee concluded its article by summarizing the overall attitude of officials thusly: "This is a warning to the public. You should not be taking medication that is not prescribed (for you)." Yeah. Way to go, Sacramento. People are going to feel really empowered to seek help with that special kind of sympathy. And that is the Public Health Officer speaking. It sounds like a law enforcement officer but it's actually the person who is supposed to be helping you get help.

It seems to me that the authorities asked the newspaper and news stations NOT to report on it until they could find the people responsible for it. That's what it looks like anyway, and, while I want to be clear that this is nothing but my own speculation, just the idea that the county may have sat on the information to bust the person(s) doing it, is truly disturbing. Sac authorities are now apparently thinking that it is being manufactured in Mexico, and brought in to the States, which seems to be the default position for "we have no idea who is doing this."

I'm recopying the narfan kit information that "Priest They Called Him" posted, since it is the most important piece of information in this whole sad story, and neither the Bee, nor the Sherriff's Department nor the Sacramento Public Health Officer apparently felt it worth repeating: http://fox40.com/2016/03/28/20-overd...with-fentanyl/

My guess is that the kit is indeed free, but they glean every bit of information they can squeeze out of you before they provide it. If anyone has gotten this kit in Sac Co, I'd like to hear about what was required before they were given it.

Anyway, here is what will be in today's paper later. It appears to contain more new information and new cases: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article68871462.html

Any word on which Vicodin press it is shaped and pressed as?

Edit: Don't be paranoid about picking up narcan kits.... Just say you have friends who use prescribed opiate VB pain killers or even that you want to be prepared to save overdosing homeless as I'm sure that's not only a bay area problem. Really though they won't even ask you anything like that just your name, birthdate, and whatnot

At those insane doses of Fent, is a shot or spray or Narcan even going to be effective? I mean, its certainly worth a try but i've personally seen a heroin user not come back after 7 jabs of Narcan. He died, the laced H was just too powerful and the Narcan couldnt even knock it out. I hope its effective but I fear it may not be in some cases, especially if they take more than one (what junkie wouldnt?)

I would rather see the vials given out than the spray. You can dose multiple times with more accuracy via iM than internasal, especially if they aren't breathing. The environment in your nose at the time could possibly diminish the effect and if someone's nose is destroyed from coke, it might not even get onto the membranes enough to do its job. Still better than nothing in a pinch but i'm surprised the spray is considered a viable delivery method given those factors. If I could choose, I would always go with the multiple dose vials.

I really hope that users in the area get some narcan and be really carefully about thier drugs, but I still fear the Fent being far too powerful at that high a dose to be reversed. Sad.

Its really good to get the word out....possibly duplicate this thread in the "bad stamp" section too?

I dont get the benefit of doing this..... at least make a more powerful opiod pill knock off like an oxy 80mg ......you can sell it for more and the people using will at least be somewhat more careful knowing that theyre dealing with a much more pwerful dose.... hydros street value us super low....thus they would have to sell it much lower...this just makes no sense to me

Who knows why....my guess is someone came across some super cheap fentanyl and could only press it will to look like hydros, they knew hydros are cheap therefore more people would be buying them, or because they had seen a high demand in the area for hydros. I would guess its because theyre cheap and therefore they could sell more. Would you rather sell 20 of something for $10/ea. or 80 of something at $5/ea.? It was actually smart of them from a business viewpoint to make fake hydros rather than something more expensive, its akin to the strategy Wal-Mart uses. Sell low-quality products at low prices and youre bound to sell more. Balance out the price-per-item with more sales. Smart strategy used by an extreme asshole.

Yet another reason I don't buy pills on the black market anymore. I bought ~60 legit Xanax bars over a year and got three fake batches (20 bars total), from diff people.

Returned em all and got my money back, but it left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to buying pharms on the black market.

Thanks for this heads up, people need to know about this.

I heard about those...I dont use xanax recreationally and i have a legit use for them. I get insomnia once in awhile but its BRUTAL...like I wont sleep at all and I can function the next day with no sleep...so every now and again I pick up a few bars....what did they put in the fake bars? An RC benzo similar to etizolam or a non related chemical?

I heard about those...I dont use xanax recreationally and i have a legit use for them. I get insomnia once in awhile but its BRUTAL...like I wont sleep at all and I can function the next day with no sleep...so every now and again I pick up a few bars....what did they put in the fake bars? An RC benzo similar to etizolam or a non related chemical?

Mostly phenazepam or another rc benzo, but I've heard of bars with fentanyl in it

Yup fentanyl Xanax as I stated already from the same area probably same people, which just killed in FL

Holy shit...fent in a bar? Thats scary as fuck.....Are you guys aware of the RC fent analogues ? Supposedly they are even more potent than standard fent....I wonder if they use those RCs as they are probably even easier and cheaper to get (usually shipped from china).. On top of all this technically these RCs are LEGAL... I know some RC vendors that carried it in the past but they quickly pulled it from their stock...Ive talked to people online that develped a rapid addiction/tolerance to these because of the EVEN higher potency and shorter half life...anyway I digress....Fent anything is scary especially if its diguised in a pill

No fent analogs are not legal and the ones currently available are weaker than fent. Stop this spreading of false info only spreading irrational fear. Know your shit before you warn people about dangers or else people might feel that are safe when they are not as well as far danger when they are safe possibly pushing them to something dangerous.

No fent analogs are not legal and the ones currently available are weaker than fent. Stop this spreading of false info only spreading irrational fear. Know your shit before you warn people about dangers or else people might feel that are safe when they are not as well as far danger when they are safe possibly pushing them to something dangerous.

^^^^Amen!

I really wish the mods would get a bit more active....I know there is no real violation here but this is a HARM REDUCTION site. This crap is everywhere lately and it's going to hurt someone. I know the mods have a tough job and usually do a great job but does anyone realize how many people read these forums? Basically, any time you google a question about virtually any drug, a Bluelight thread is in the first few results. Even if the reader is not a member, they can still read this shit, take it as truth, and fucking DIE as a result. Know your shit or STFU.

I guess my usual "NAMASTE" would be a little out of place here....oops

"Weaker than fent" is almost a moot point. Even if they are dosed in the mg range instead of the mcg range, fent analogues are much more potent and unpredictable than hydrocodone. They also don't provide the caliber of euphoria hydrocodone users are used to, leading them to take more and more just as a fent user takes more and more chasing a cold, sedating high.

How is this spreading "false info" or "irrational fear"? How would warning people about this put them in an even more dangerous spot? People in California and Canada are dying from taking counterfeit pills filled with fentalogues.

"Weaker than fent" is almost a moot point. Even if they are dosed in the mg range instead of the mcg range, fent analogues are much more potent and unpredictable than hydrocodone. They also don't provide the caliber of euphoria hydrocodone users are used to, leading them to take more and more just as a fent user takes more and more chasing a cold, sedating high.

How is this spreading "false info" or "irrational fear"? How would warning people about this put them in an even more dangerous spot? People in California and Canada are dying from taking counterfeit pills filled with fentalogues.

1. Because your and "kratomized"'s info is false.
A. If someone believes analogues are legal, obviously there could be legal ramifications.
B. If fent. Is dosed in MG.s....someone is probably already dead.
C. If someone believes that analogues are stronger, they could take more fent than they normally would an analogue, potentially leading to DEATH.

No one is complaining about the fake pill warnings, just the false information.

Oh, just because they are dying from pills with Fentalogues doesn't mean they are more potent than fent, just that someone found them cheaper, easier to obtain, or had them on-hand instead of pure Fent.

NAMASTE

Last edited:

Kratomized is by stating fent is commonly disguised as other stuff in pills just because RC analogs are available... It leads people to believe that it is more common or probably just a tactic to spread fear when the reality is that two completely different pills (a Xanax bar and Vicodin) both originating from the same area... They are not common fentanyl analogs as far as I know. Fentanyl analogs are nothing new and the reason for the analog act as more potent analogs such as alphamethylfentanyl and sufentinal was hitting the black market way back in the day.

Chj1222 is also pretty much on point thank you for the defence

Edit: the people in Canada were actually killed by w-18 a non fentanyl analog that's much more potent than fentanyl or else regular fentanyl in those face CDN OC 80