• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse comedown & Klonopin

Lelo

Greenlighter
Anyone know if I have taken 160mg of vyvanse at 5pm how much klonipin would I have to take to get sleep or will I be just wasting my benzoids and not get sleep at all should I just stay up and redoes of the vyvanse in the morning

Hi Lelo and Welcome to BL :)

Vyvanse or Lisdexamfetamine works on an extended release mechanism that binds Dextroamphetamine with L-Lysine making it inactive until your body cleaves off the Lysine at a quick yet controlled rate through hydrolysis in your liver & blood, making DexAmp a prodrug of Vyvanse and not just active drug "stuck" in "goop" or unions trying to diffuse out after erosion and time.

Honestly if you are not in a state of agitation or having a bad reaction then you might want to consider your options of riding it out as it should last until around sunrise+ with that much. You could compromise by waiting 10 hours and then use a conservative dose of the Klonopin, but as the Vyvanse wears off and the Long acting Klonopin comes up you're going to be a bit out of it and possibly zombie like come tomorrow. Still not likely to be sleeping though. You might get more from the Klonopin by using some late tomorrow afternoon and get a good night sleep then.

I know it's already getting late but if you have 8 or 10 vitamin C tablets available you could shorten the comedown time and maybe get some rest sooner than later by acidifying your urine, only with something safe like Vit C though.

*Acidifying Agents: Drugs that acidify the urine, such as ascorbic acid (Vit C) in moderate doses, increase urinary excretion of dextroamphetamine, thus decreasing the half-life of dextroamphetamine in the body.

amphetamine
is excreted in the urine. Duration of effect varies
depending on agent and urine pH. Excretion is enhanced
in more acidic urine. Half-life is 7 to 34 hours and
is, dependent on urine pH (half-life is longer
with alkaline urine).https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search2/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@rn+@rel+300-62-9