• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vote for your favorite Opiate (in terms of warmth, Euphoria, bliss, etc.)

Your favorite opiate

  • Heroin

  • Oxycodone

  • Hydromorphone

  • Morphine

  • Buprenorphine (Subutex)

  • Methadon

  • L-Methadon

  • Codein / Lean

  • Hydrocodone

  • Dihydrocodein

  • Kratom

  • Oxymorphone

  • Tilidin

  • Tramadol

  • Fentanyl (please never use this)


Results are only viewable after voting.
Sure, unfortunately I can’t add any more options, when editing the poll it tells me I reached the max number of vote options, I am sorry.
Crazy that you left Opium out of an Opiate poll :p

My vote would have been refined opium latex (eaten), with IV Morphine right up there with it but very different feeling, so voted morphine and oxycodone

EDIT disclaimer, my only other opiate experience is codeine, oral morphine, and low-dose heroin (vaped badly, still enough to make me puke though)
 
Last edited:
No contest for the one I would vote for, but it isn't on the list.

Diconal/Wellconal trade names

or generic make up below.

Ingredients

Dipipanone Hydrochloride:
10mg


Cyclizine Hydrochloride:
30mg

Did you use them as per the PIL? Dikes were kind of infamous for the flash they provided if whacked up.

But being of that era, how would you compare to peach pals?

I insuffused ONE and it put me on my arse.

Since then I've obtained a Janssen paper which shows that in an animal model of pain at least. while dextromoramide PO was about x3 M, IV it was over x15 M.

I look back and remind myself it was a good thing I started with one as I likely wouldn't be posting if it had been two.
 
Did you use them as per the PIL? Dikes were kind of infamous for the flash they provided if whacked up.

But being of that era, how would you compare to peach pals?

I insuffused ONE and it put me on my arse.

Since then I've obtained a Janssen paper which shows that in an animal model of pain at least. while dextromoramide PO was about x3 M, IV it was over x15 M.

I look back and remind myself it was a good thing I started with one as I likely wouldn't be posting if it had been two.
Orally, and at that time 1 pill 10mg was bliss and had staying power too.

Dextromoramide (Peach Pals) wasn't ever available here, so can't compare.

But IME the comparison for taken orally at equipotent doses Dipipanone 9/10, Laudanum(Opium Tincture) 7/10, Morphine 6/10 and Oxycodone 4/10.... FWIW. :sneaky:
 
Last edited:
I voted for subs but only because I've been on them for 18 years lol. Before subs, it was the good Ole OC days in 2003, where 40mg OC cost me 8-10 bucks. By the time I went to my 1st rehab at hazelden, they were a buck a MG. Now they're monitored a whole lot closely, but probably still cost a small fortune. I also use to have those Febt patches. When they were done working on the arm, they made for a good chew. I use to tell the doctor they're falling off, just to get more. Or they're working, just a little too strong, so they would prescribe me more, just a smaller MG. Then, you needed something for breakthrough pain. Sorry, i went on a fun rant, insure some of the older addicts know what I mean
 
Orally, and at that time 1 pill 10mg was bliss and had staying power too.

Dextromoramide (Peach Pals) wasn't ever available here, so can't compare.

What a shame - my experiences alone have no statistical value so i'm still trying to find someone who can directly compare.

I only snorted the peach pal because there was only one on the table and because in my circle back then almost everyone (but me) was prescriped methadone in the form of those little white 5mg Physeptone tablets so I needed five to go places and didn't want to take one and discover I had wasted it.

But the bizarre thing is that the paper in which Janssen compared dextromoramide to morphine is from the SAME MONTH as the first UK ads for Palfium which includes the nebulous statment 'high oral bioavailability'! Now I don't know if Janssen himself checked those adds but is 20% what you would classify as 'high'?

Remember when dikes were banned so people were mixing Physeptone and Valoid? That was terible - the few surivors of IV diconal were killed by whacking up that bizarre cocktail.

What scares me is that in certain nations IC-26 (a loophole-legal methadone analog) is on sale and I cannot believe SOMEONE won't wonder if mixed with cyclazine the effects will likewise be magnified. THAT could see another mini-disaster.
 
Last edited:
I voted for subs but only because I've been on them for 18 years lol. Before subs, it was the good Ole OC days in 2003, where 40mg OC cost me 8-10 bucks. By the time I went to my 1st rehab at hazelden, they were a buck a MG. Now they're monitored a whole lot closely, but probably still cost a small fortune. I also use to have those Febt patches. When they were done working on the arm, they made for a good chew. I use to tell the doctor they're falling off, just to get more. Or they're working, just a little too strong, so they would prescribe me more, just a smaller MG. Then, you needed something for breakthrough pain. Sorry, i went on a fun rant, insure some of the older addicts know what I mean

But that wasnt the question it was which opiate is the most euphoric? Hypothetically they are all on the table and you have clean receptors --- no way you going for the bupe.

What really bugs me is when ppl go from no opi habit to bupe though! Like damn it you totally skipped the entire fun part!! but to each they own there is no right answer

I absolutely remember though -- they were always .50c a mg here but than they jumped to a buck and I hear even higher now --- and I wouldnt believe it was oxy less I knew who the patient was honestly.
 
I would never refer to myself as an "addict". lol Dependent, sure.

It was literally a word created to stigmatize people who enjoy or benefit from using substances & helps the people who profit off the "recovery model" (looking at you, Sub clinics). Same with "substance use disorder".

Looks like Morphine is winning. I bet IV Morphine is pretty nice.
Followed by Oxycodone. Which I'll never understand. Unless it's because oxycodone use to be more widely available, so a lot more people were into it.

A doctor wrote me a nice fat script (1 fill worth though) of Oxycodone in 2010 for an abscess on my ass. lol
But I don't remember oxycodone doing a whole lot when I was already tolerant to 400mg of trramadol a day. In fact, I found oxycodone rather boring & too short compared to tram/o-desmethyltramadol. And honestly the only thing that really helped the abscess pain was smoking a shit ton of weed & getting it drained.

But I've never had it again since then, so maybe my opinion of it would have changed.

All my favorite opioids in order from best to worst (that I've tried) - Heroin, Methadone, Tramadol, Propoxyphene, Oxycodone/Hydrocodone, Tapentadol, Buprenorphine, Codeine, Poppy Seeds, Fentanyl, Kratom/7-oH, Tianeptine (sulfate), Loperamide...

Fentanyl sucks ass. People mistakenly believe that just because an opioid is more "potent" than another, that it automatically means it's "more enjoyable" or "better", but that's not true at all. Fentanyl provides nice pain relief, but it never made me feel "warm" and "lovely" like heroin or a good dose of tramadol. It just made me feel like I was gonna nod out & die for 10-15 minutes & then that it was over really. Fuck fentanyl. Shit killed a lot of my friends too. Well technically prohibition killed them. But it's still going on the lower rung of my list for those reasons.

I still remember my first years on tramadol. My mom use to get like 180 50mg of tramadol a month back in the 2008-2014 days. I can still remember walking around town, listening to my headphones, the golden rays of sun beating down on me. It was beautiful. Best era of my life honestly. People shit on trams because they're not very potent (or they're already use to more potent opioids). But again, potency doesn't always mean better effects.

I had used stuff like hydrocodone & codeine in my teen years. And I couldn't understand the allure really back then. They just made me nauseous & spaced out. It wasn't until I was 18 or 19 & took tramadol, that it had me scrubbing floors, cleaning like crazy & nodding out the same time. That's when I truly understood the power opioids have at increasing quality of life. With no tolerance, buprenorphine can offer some of that same effect as tramadol (although it feels a lot different). But with bupe, once you use it a few days in a row, that feeling goes away. Where as with trams, I could get that same effect day in & day out for weeks & weeks at a time.

Opioids (and their effects) also remind me of colors. Like when I think of "heroin", I think of brown (obviously), rose colors, gold, black & grey.
When I think of tramadol, I think of grey, white, blue, black & golden orange. And even a little light green hues.
When I think of hydrocodone I think of white, dark blue & black. And also a "static" like color. Like the fuzz on a TV screen.
When I think of buprenorphine I think of pink, orange, red & grey/white.
When I think of Tapentadol, I think of grey, red, black & dark blue.
When I think of morphine, I think of blue, brown, green, black, gold.
When I think of fentanyl, I think of blue, green, black & white/grey.

Anyone else imagine colors when they think of an opioid? I get the same with music. Music makes me think of colors as well.
 
Last edited:
I totally knew Oxycodone would win….even before casting vote for Oxycodone

Oral Oxycodone far surpassed IV Hydromorphone & H for me…..oral Oxy, insainely euphoric

Eukadol (Oxycodone) early 1900’s German patients clearly state / caution regarding the compounds robust narcotic like euphoria similar to Cocaine ….I concur. You don’t even need to blang it….oral Oxycodone was Soooooo euphoric

It’s the first time I truly experienced real Euphoria

Oxycodone & Ritalin (Methylphenidate) ….nearly identical euphoric bliss, why do I feel Sooooo good? Type feeling….both caused profound euphoria in me

Oxycodone (like most other opioids) have no dose ceiling and even the highest doses will suppress the most extreme pain. In terms of opioid analgesic pain killing properties …..Hydromorphone IV is a Serious compound, it he same with Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) IV….oral Levo-Methadone is also a Very potent analgesic

In terms of my soul feels caressed by the gods themselves……Oral Oxycodone Hands Down for Euphoroc Bliss.
 
I absolutely remember though -- they were always .50c a mg here but than they jumped to a buck and I hear even higher now --- and I wouldnt believe it was oxy less I knew who the patient was honestly.

It was a BLer who informed me that in the space of months generic oxycodone SR (12 hour) tablets went from nobody really knowing what to charge to organized gangs obtaining them via private presciptions in Poland and charging £1/mg.

In a way it's meant the problem had sort of solved itself because almost nobody could afford to abuse them.

They can charge high because the muppets who tried out ''dirty 30s' in Europe failed to note we have a different colour-coding scheme to North America. So they fetched £2-3 max.
 
But that wasnt the question it was which opiate is the most euphoric? Hypothetically they are all on the table and you have clean receptors --- no way you going for the bupe.

What really bugs me is when ppl go from no opi habit to bupe though! Like damn it you totally skipped the entire fun part!! but to each they own there is no right answer

I absolutely remember though -- they were always .50c a mg here but than they jumped to a buck and I hear even higher now --- and I wouldnt believe it was oxy less I knew who the patient was honestly.
Are you saying in general, regarding no opiate to Bupe? I never knew anyone that has. Usually, the only time you'd want the subs is because of withdrawal. I personally feel like the high associated with the oxycontin was the best experience for me. I was doing coke with it, but I was zoooted. The fent patches were up and down. The subs have a ceiling effect that keeps me pretty normal. I can't get high, which is something I can't do on and off. So it helped me rebuild my life.
 
I think it important to mention that there really ARE people who find buprenorphine euphoric.

It isn't well understood but from the limited analysis of US data it appears ' individuals who are addicted to low doses of opiates or individuals in the early stages of opiate addiction' are the group most likely to abuse buprenorphine.

You know one of the most reliable metrics of the abuse potential of a drug is it's street price. I just checked and while I state upfront I don't really understand why but a single 8mg tablet will sell for £10-£15 according to several sources.

I strongly suspect that higher price is someone knowing someone who sells them for £10 who finds a customer who has no experience of buying off the street so pays £15.

I would be fascinated to know who these people are. In Russia illicit methadone is or at least was sold primarily to people trying to get of H but I sense here we might have people whose only experience is with codeine and/or dihydrocodone. For someone like that, I imagine 8mg would last all day thus seem 'affordable' and we all know how that ALWAYS ends.
 
Dextroprpoxyphene was something too

I think it important to mention that there really ARE people who find buprenorphine euphoric.

It isn't well understood but from the limited analysis of US data it appears ' individuals who are addicted to low doses of opiates or individuals in the early stages of opiate addiction' are the group most likely to abuse buprenorphine.

You know one of the most reliable metrics of the abuse potential of a drug is it's street price. I just checked and while I state upfront I don't really understand why but a single 8mg tablet will sell for £10-£15 according to several sources.

I strongly suspect that higher price is someone knowing someone who sells them for £10 who finds a customer who has no experience of buying off the street so pays £15.

I would be fascinated to know who these people are. In Russia illicit methadone is or at least was sold primarily to people trying to get of H but I sense here we might have people whose only experience is with codeine and/or dihydrocodone. For someone like that, I imagine 8mg would last all day thus seem 'affordable' and we all know how that ALWAYS ends.
I am from this group, I used buprenorphine before trying heroin . It was everywhere where I am from. Without tolerance it is incredibly strong I would not say exactly euphoric but very noddy . 1 mg snorted.

I remember the first time I nodded for 3 days straight, it was more abused than heroin and a box of subutex would go for around 20-30 euros. It is crazy potent for non tolerant. I know a lot of people who injected burepnorphine daily for many years.

In the streets it was the most abused mainly injected with poor filtering and some binder inside created the first wave of popeye hands, those boxers hands, swollen hands. They were not doing heroin because it was traditionally low quality, instead mixing phenergan tablets with subutex and shooting it . Generic buprenorphine started to replace the Subutex and a lot of people said it just didnt hit at all and subutex became more expensive. I am sure the prices went up, and now many switched to Methadone, but there are still users.

It was 20 years ago subutex programs were free to fight heroin use but a whole generation got those boxers hands so they pushed methadone instead.

It is widely used in prison, with some smoking it in rollies . Many became addicted to subs in jail before knowing any opiates or opioids in their life, to kill time and nod for days at the time along with cyamemazine and hydroxyzine and a lot of hash. Profiles would have never touched drugs became burpenorphine addicts after a long time in prison. They were very badly viewed but the reality is all those with 10-20 plus years sentences would do some subs discreetly.

I used buprenorphine for years until I had to stop and went through one the worst WD of my life, after that I didnt want to touch the stuff with a stick for years and even then it never hit the same.
 
I think it important to mention that there really ARE people who find buprenorphine euphoric.
Yup.
I used buprenorphine in between heroin & tramadol, so my tolerance was basically low-to-nil at the time.
And I found it enjoyable enough that I continued to take it & would even buy it. A really small dose kept me noddy all day.

One of the first times I tried a Suboxone, I took a little corner piece & went to work thinking I'd be fine cause I was use to working on tramadol. I even had a tolerance to 400mg of tramadol at the time, so I didn't expect much from it.
But I stood at my mailing station at work & was nodding standing up the entire day. My eyes just continuously kept closing & I could not keep them open. People even noticed and asked me if I had gotten enough sleep. lol I had to lie & say "yeah I'm just tired".

Subs can give me intense nods, almost similar to fent-like nods. No real euphoria, but a strong urge to close my eyes or tilt my head forward.
Heroin & tramadol nods were pretty nice, but bupe nods feel a little different than those nods.

I visited Washington DC in 2018 & took 4mg of Subs that day before I went. And for some reason it hit me just right that day. No pain, stimulated, a tad euphoric, calm, sensual, excited to be alive & exploring the world. It was really gloomy & rainy that day too which just added to the relaxation. So I have a fond memory of buprenorphine at least.

The euphoria can be lacking, especially when you're use to better stuff. But with no tolerance, it'll shine through a little bit.

Still wouldn't vote for it as one of my favorites though.

Buprenorphine can be enjoyable though to people who have nothing else. Check out the documentary "Reindeerspotting" from Finland. Buprenorphine was really huge there at one time.

If buprenorphine continued to feel the same as it did on the first day you take it with no tolerance, then it wouldn't be such a bad opioid. But for me, daily use made the good parts vanish & then it just makes you feel lethargic & tired all day. Where as with tramadol, heroin & hydrocodone, I could still feel wonderful everyday for days/weeks at a time on it, even when tolerant. Plus trams, H & other full agonists didn't leave me feeling dead inside, lethargic & lifeless like buprenorphine does. In the end with bupe, you end up dependent on a too-long-acting, potent partial agonist that doesn't have any of the same benefits as a full agonist. So that's why I think it also sucks. lol

I read that Matthew Perry was on buprenorphine for a long time & he wrote in a journal that it was making him feel dead inside & he couldn't enjoy his hobbies & life anymore (I dunno how true this is), but I relate to that so much.

I think the long acting opioids are great for maintenance or whatever. But I think because they hang around on your receptors so long, that you end up tolerant quicker & lose the effects quicker. Because at least with the shorter acting agonists, your receptors get a little down time (like when you sleep or in between dosing). At least this has been my experience.

So hell yeah buprenorphine can be enjoyable, even euphoric, under the right circumstances. But it's not the greatest for getting the same experience the next day or a week later like all the other shorter acting agonists. I think that's why I liked heroin & tramadol the most, because they can feel great, but they'll wear off, giving your receptors a break & the ability to re-dose & get the effects back. Redosing on bupe most of the time feels pointless.
 
Last edited:
Am I weird? Out of all the opioids I've tried, I found codeine to be the most euphoric but like other opioids, after the initial novelty wore off, I couldn't understand why people would keep chasing the feeling.
overall I find opioids to be the most boring class of psychoactive drugs I've tried aside from barbituates. I don't see what all the hype is about
At this point I've tried hydrdocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, opium (smoked and in tea), 7-OH, and MGM-15, some weird new kratom derivative. Even when I get strong effect (nod), I am wondering why people like them so much...

I guess I consider myself lucky.
 
Oxymorphone, injected. It would be at the top had it had a little more time to spread its wings and people tried it. Opana, we hardly knew ye.

Yep. around 2010 everyone I knew in the USA placed oxymorphone or levorphanol (Levo -Dromoran) at the top of their list.

The 'abuse resistant' version of Opana that appeared in 2011 turned out fard harder to crush, BUT easier to defeat as long as you were prepared to let the pills dissolve in a specific solvent. I believe it's the only case in which the abuse resistant version was abused MORE than the original.

But for around 2 months, before it became widely known that the polyamide bionder could be defeated by said solvent and the magic ingredient (time), those 'new formulation' Opana became very cheap so those who KNEW ended up whacking up half a dozen 40mg Opana PER DAY.

THAT didn't end well!
 
Last edited:
The old style Afghan smoking Heroin the UK used to be flooded with is #1

Fent is too "cold" & in a way a bit like low dose of MXE, it has nothing to do with proper opiates.
Morphine is ok but it doesn't have that "hug" feeling of good smoked Heroin but it comes close.
What Subutex is on the list for I have no idea, it does nothing to me apart from keeping me from being sick, I've snorted 5mg of a UK Subby pill before & it did nothing apart from stopping me from being sick.
 
Am I weird? Out of all the opioids I've tried, I found codeine to be the most euphoric but like other opioids, after the initial novelty wore off, I couldn't understand why people would keep chasing the feeling.
overall I find opioids to be the most boring class of psychoactive drugs I've tried aside from barbituates. I don't see what all the hype is about
At this point I've tried hydrdocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, opium (smoked and in tea), 7-OH, and MGM-15, some weird new kratom derivative. Even when I get strong effect (nod), I am wondering why people like them so much...

I guess I consider myself lucky.
No you're not weird.
Your experience is actually the "norm". Most people do not get addicted or into opioids just from doing them. It's something like 2% of people will find them euphoric or worth repeating.

My first several times with opioids (mostly hydrocodone & tylenol 3), I felt the exact same way as you. Couldn't understand why people enjoyed it so much, especially when I was doing cocaine & XTC on the weekends at the time (16 years old). All they did was make me sleepy & nauseous back then.

It was wasn't until I was 19/20 & trying tramadol that opioids really started to be worth anything to me. And then trying brown heroin in my mid-late 20's just solidified for me that they're my favorite class.

But not everyone will end up this way. I bet if I hadn't of tried & enjoyed tramadol back in 2008, I may have never gotten into opioids in the first place. And back then it wasn't even scheduled or controlled really.

Doctors & pharmacists actually believed it was "like another tylenol", because the American Medical Literature said it was non-narcotic.
Except that wasn't true at all. I use to be able to walk into Walmart pharmacy & say "yeah my mom lost her bottle of 120 trams, can I get another one?" And they'd do it. lol I miss those days.
 
Top