• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Volumetric taper

Sowle

Bluelighter
Hey guys!

I'm pretty sure I came across this idea on this site a decade or so ago but it was effectively a taper whereby, say you had a gram of gear, you do a point out of it, replace that point with something inert and then tomorrow when you do the same point, you are actually only doing 90mg n 10mg of inert. It seemed reasonable and a good way of avoiding mental headfuck.

Firstly, am I missing any major flaws in this plan?

Secondly, doing this volumetrically in liquid would be obviously the best way to do that but heroin has a few problems when dissolved in water long term. On top of which I do not have enough wheel filters to sterilize not knowledge of how to do it once into a sterile container and do it that way.

Which leaves me doing by weight and using something inert like lactose or glucose. However surely this is going to create hotspots yeah?

I have worked out the math of what the doses would be and would just dose them but again this idea is only as strong as my scales are good...which I'm not sure is totally the case when talking milligram doses.

Any tips, experiences or advice would be appreciated guys!!!

Cheers 😃

Why would you need to add inert powder though if you're weighing out a dose every time, may I ask? Couldn't you just use 10mg less of the same gear if your scales are good? Also, problems would arise if using fentadope as that would potentially have hotspots, so you'd need to use relatively good Ron. @Sowle

The only reason I'd add inert back yeah is to lesson the damage of shitty scales

The only reason I'd add inert back yeah is to lesson the damage of shitty scales
Maybe you could just spring for some slightly better scales then? Are you injecting? Is it fentadope? Cos if so then theres gonna be times when you're shooting nothing but inert anyway.
Can't you try a bupe or methadone taper?

Oh and if it's fentadope then you can leave that mixed in water indefinitely. Just use bacteriostatic water or look into other ways (alcohol?) to keep it from growing bacteria.

Na I'm lucky enough to not have fentadope but you're prob right...better scales may be the better investment!

And yeah, shooting it

Oh and if it's fentadope then you can leave that mixed in water indefinitely. Just use bacteriostatic water or look into other ways (alcohol?) to keep it from growing bacteria.
keep it refrigerated and add 10% EtOH to the final Formulation and that should keep it pretty sterile along with ascorbic acid as a preservative. Maybe also add a little Methyl cellulose and PEG if you wanna make a true formulation that will last weeks in a fridge @ 2-6 C

Quick Read if anyone is interested in formational chemistry

Heroin undergoes hydrolysis to form 6-MAM and then morphine in water. You can likely expect a 10-20% 6-MAM formation in 12-24hrs, much longer for morphine.

Heroin undergoes hydrolysis to form 6-MAM and then morphine in water. You can likely expect a 10-20% 6-MAM formation in 12-24hrs, much longer for morphine.
This should help people understand what your saying if they cant see it in there head

Whats the strength of these compounds in comparison to morphine or heroin? are they comparable and what's there toxicology reports, do they match H or are they safer/worse?
Im just curious if you have done the research? I'm moistly curious the opioid scaffolding and why its not being able to be defined

Yeah if it weren't for the hydrolysis I would have measured in water as much easier.

I took everyone's advice tho and had a new pair of scales turn up today. Cheers for the help!

Sweet man! Good luck getting rid of Bobby boy. Try and do a fent test on ya stuff if you can, they're normally free depending on where in the world you are.

Yeah isn't this the chinese method?

You might be able to make a fairly stable solution with propylene glycol 🤔