View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Volumetric Dosing - 2C-B won't dissolve

itwontdissolve

Greenlighter
Swim recently acquired 100mg of 2C-B. Swim is attempting to dissolve it in 50ml of vodka. It tested as 2C-B. Swim poured it in the vodka bottle and set a hair dryer pointed at it for 10 minutes, swirling it around every couple of minutes, but the powder was still visible. Then added a few drops of lemon juice as per a volumetric dosing guide and swirled it around every couple of minutes or so, but still no luck. Swim has now been running hot water over it and shaking it every couple of minutes, but it still seems like it hasn't dissolved any. Any tips? Also, if it seems like it won't dissolve, what's the best way to extract the powder? Just let the liquid sit in a glass pan until it's evaporated?

I'm no expert on volumetric dosing, but just so you know, 2c-b can generally be weighed out on mg scales.

Huh that's pretty weird, as 2C-B should be water soluble. Try continuously swirling when running hot water over it, instead of "every few minutes."

Swim recently acquired 100mg of 2C-B. Swim is attempting to dissolve it in 50ml of vodka. It tested as 2C-B. Swim poured it in the vodka bottle and set a hair dryer pointed at it for 10 minutes, swirling it around every couple of minutes, but the powder was still visible. Then added a few drops of lemon juice as per a volumetric dosing guide and swirled it around every couple of minutes or so, but still no luck. Swim has now been running hot water over it and shaking it every couple of minutes, but it still seems like it hasn't dissolved any. Any tips? Also, if it seems like it won't dissolve, what's the best way to extract the powder? Just let the liquid sit in a glass pan until it's evaporated?
Isn't 30mg a decent dose of that? You'll be as drunk a you are high.=D

How chunky is it? You might just wanna bust clumps you might have (I'd use a lab spatula but otherwise idk cutlery) - cause heat is one factor but surface area of dissolution is another, and breaking up a clump into many many particles maximizes surface area..

Also it may be the less soluble HBr salt.. (iirc)

How did it test as 2C-B? I'd be very careful about that stuff if it doesn't dissolve a 2 mg/ml. It should be easily dissolvable at that concentration.
For recovery: If nothing has dissolved, the fastest way would be to run it through a paper filter, then dry the paper and scrape it off.
Stay safe!

There seems to me to be red flags going off everywhere. Is this, by chance, a crushed up pill you're dealing with? That crud could be binders and fillers if so. If that is the case, filter through filter paper, keep the liquid and discard the crud. If not, I suspect you don't have 2c-b. Peace be with you.