• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

visuals

carter_19

Bluelighter
I was reading in the forum archives about the debate over wether MDMA causes hallucinations or not. I personally think it does, simply because I have seen a few things while rolling. For example, a red grid on my apartment wall, an extra person standing around ( which was probable just a double of someone that was there) ripples on the wall, ect. I was just curious what,if any, visuals other people see when they are rolling

mdma VISUALS, yes--contortions of things actually there--tweaking of lights, waving walls, double vision, enhanced images and sounds, but not hallucinations per se. actual hallucinations (a dance floor full of line-dancing cowboys, everyone aging before the eyes, imagined voices) with something else--mda, probably.

I looked at my fingers as I was rolling a joint the other night, f00ked on some MDMA, and I swear my fingers took on a wierd diamondy spiky texture, and the outline of them went all spiky too. I just thought, hmm, nice visuals :)

I don't know why some people disbelieve us when we say that you can get slight hallucinations of MDMA. It is well known about the conversion from MDMA to MDA, and therefore is pretty obvious.
Sitting in our garage on nights, I have seen a number of things. They are neither convincing, nor big, but they are there.
In a darkened room I sat for about an hour looking round, and noticed a bookcase in the corner. It wasn't until the next day that I realised it was a box. I could see every detail of the bookcase, and was quite shocked when it had disappeared. My brother has pointed at graffiti on the wall, and together we witnessed the wall changing colour from cream to pink, to red, to blue - it was a translucent image over the wall. We both saw the same colour change as it happened.
My notice board in the university halls is a cheeky shit and one night tried to trick me by displaying scratched in drawings of a tigers head changing the more I looked at it. The wall in the halls is just as bad and one night decided it would go rainbow colour... I also looked up one night to see the impression of a balcony, complete with audience looking down on me (I'm not even going to bother explaining the out-of-body experiences I've had). I am convinced that all these pills were MDMA, as I use pillreports, and a tester. I think it is simply the amount you take, and the amount absorbed.
The reason I have said that these hallucinations weren't 'proper' is because I always knew that (with the exception of the bookcase) the images weren't real and always have a similar sort of look. I also found that they can be controlled, and therefore shared between two people. However, some nights I have been shocked by what has been in front of me.
Oh... there's also the elongated fingers and arms which appear to stretch out forever - this happens nearly every time for me. Try rubbing your earlobes, squeezing them gently between your fingers, and I swear to God you'll never believe how big and rubbery they feel. They should feel like they're stretching out.
[ 11 March 2002: Message edited by: LOVING IT! ]

About half the time I see visuals while on MDMA. They are usually twinkly lights (like christmas lights) that aren't there, patterns in the carpet becoming 3D, and seeing swirling patterns on the ceiling and in flat areas of color.
I've also seen objects that I own and that exist in real life, but in the wrong place (for example, I saw a pillow that was in my bedroom on the living room floor, and a plant that was outside hanging from an indoor wall).

Yes, i do agree that it's possible to see distortions while on MDMA, as i have seen some myself, such as a room lookin bigger than it really is and lights lookin slightly hazy and different. But the point may be raised that the pill contained MDA which has many of the affects of MDMA but is much more visible and thus you are prone to more hallucinations. Either way, both are just as fun!

I don't really know a hole hell of alot about MDA. Just that it last longer, is less loved up, and is more visual that MDMA. If a pill had MDA and MDMA in it, would you be loved up and have alot of visuals, or would it all depend on the ratio of MDA to MDMA?

Hmm...
i have hallucinated.
Strangers appeared to be friends I knew, but were not if I glanced away and then back or attempted to talk to them. :)
The time-course of the pill and effects matched MDMA, not MDA.
ebola
np: orbital

Cant say I have ever seen shit that wasn't there, but one night, not too long ago, after a good balls-out roll, I laid down to relax in bed, closed my eyes, and then the fun began. Just millions of tiny particles of "light" were rythmically dancing around in my closed eye vision, as if I was looking through a kaliedescope or something. It actually helped the sleep to come on because my mind was so focused on this "center" of light and color. As many times as I have rolled before I have not once had this experience. I loved it, and I wonder why it happend this one time. Could it be the pill itself?

lets see just about every above 100 mg mdma roll i get one or two visuals. Most of the time i see colored blothes that last on the wall or carpet that last maybe 2 seconds. They usually occur on the comedown. One time i was driving home and i saw a dog run out in front of me.. so i swerved . I thought i hit it and stopped.. but there was no dog anywere.. My freind who was sober was like, "why the hell did you do that"?this was off pure mdma. sometimms i get really cool cevs when trying to sleep.

if its a good pill i hallucinate every time. mostly insects everywhere - on the floor, peoples faces, walls etc. they are almost always pink and green. also see green spectacles on everyone around me and beads falling down peoples faces. i quite like it cos i know its not real - just fascinating. none of my friends have ever experienced hallucinations though.

I rolled this weekend and had quite a few hallucinations. I was looking at my vaulted ceiling and it started making waves. I have a black lamp in my living room and at one point I thought it was a black woman stading there with a big ass wig on (the lamp shade). Mostly my hallucinations are objects allready there that contort into something else.

My girlfriend and I frequently see sunglasses on people when we are rolling. what causes this? I also see people that look like friends but as soon as I go to speak to them they transform into someone else. I see other mild effects, but the glasses are the most common , along with the eye wiggle. I have also found that my girlfriend and I can see the same things - i guess we are easily suggestible. Sat night I was at her house after being at a club and looked up at her spinning ceiling fan - there was a lemon haning from the end of each blade. I said to her 'the lemons on the fan are cool', she looked up and said 'oh, I wonder where those came from'. she then asked me what was wrong with the picture of her and her mom, and I said 'you have green chicken wire around your head' and she said 'oh yeah - your right'. Also we have found that the glasses we see on people are usually almost exactly the same. I am trying to find a pair of glasses like the ones she says I have on when we are out. I also typically see black holes where peoples eyes should be - it looks like shadows are extremely darker than they should be. I also have a friend who I always see horns on his forehead (looks like a happy devil). Last night I also saw a swimming pool in the middle of the dance floor - I haven't figured that one out yet. I find that once I start to see things I get a lot more euphoric - I think that is when I realize that the drugs are working.

My girlfriend and I frequently see sunglasses on people when we are rolling. what causes this?I have no idea but sunglasses or wire-rimmed eyeglasses seems to be a very common hallucination for people to see while rolling...
[edit]
Actually, scratch that - I have an idea, I dunno if it could really be the cause, but here goes. When your brain doesn't "see" all of something (because of a physical "blind spot" in the field of vision, or you're not paying attention, or whatever) it tends to fill in the missing info with something that it thinks is sensible, it "interpolates" if you will. So perhaps if the visual trickery of the MDMA produces a "blind spot" where a person's eyes should be, the brain might be doing the best it can, and filling in with an obvious everyday object that could hide a person's eyes: glasses of some kind?
[ 12 March 2002: Message edited by: stardragon ]

I think MDMA does induce hallucinations but MDA is a more likely culprit, Ive had some awesome hallucinations on MDA/MDMA pills. Not just the ubiquitous eyeglasses and shimmers but also lightning shooting from my fingers, stop motion filming vision, kalaidoscope images and I've even seen and heard people and things that are'nt there (which can be pretty scary).

on my first time, I had to have a medical report cos I was pilling so hard, and I read it just the other day and it said 'patient was hallucinating'. I swear I wasn't hallucinating, is it possible that I was hallucinating but what I was seeing was passed of by me as reality?
what I am trying to say is, we might have hallucinations on mdma but pass it off as real, therefore we don't know we were hallucinating, unless its blatantly obvious, like grinning walls, but in a rave setup, you never can tell.

Yeah ive had some amazing visuals on mdma, I prefer visuals on mdma to those from acid as to me they seem more real and with the paranoia acid can bring on some nasty trips whereas with mdma I always seem to laugh when I start to see funny things.

i've seen some weird shit when full of e but the most recent was on friday night when me and two mates got out our skulls in someones flat. i swear i saw the massive wardrobe in the corner of the room jumpin about like a bunny rabbit, then when headin home on the train early next morning saw one of my mates who i had been rolling with sitting across from me, except i was the only person in the carraige!
think its time to give the class A a rest for a while...

I have incredible closed eye visuals. Spectacular lavish cities and intricate patterns that I just could not make up in my head and have so vividly potrayed in front of my closed eyes

is it just me or does the visuals/hallucinating gets worse when you dont space your rolls? last sat i rolled again, having rolled last 2 saturdays (yeah i know thats not smart but i had some spare pills... :) )
and then, theres only one word to define my last 3 rolls (being the last one the worst case): total hallucination, wtf i get out of my mind, i just cant believe what i see/hear/say....its like i really see whats not there! like for exemple when i 'saw' a needle on the dancefloor...i swear it was a needle, i could see all its details and everything, and i was thinking damn whats a needle doing here in the club, then when i reach down and try to get it, theres simply nothing there. AMAZING - i find this extremely cool, tho it scares me sometimes, since I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT!!!. my friends tell me i just said the most non-sense things to them, and even sometimes id realize what i just said was weird and apologize...spooky...i see vials on the floor, roaches, man things that make me freak out all the time.
I dont know whats on the pills tho, maybe its MDA but there must be some mdma on them cause all the times i feel very luved up....AH also this has only happened when i took more than 1 pill (most times i take 1.5 or 2 max.)