• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Visuals From Different Mushroom Strains

No, I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me - I'm merely stating my opinion. I thought the whole point of the board was to swap opinions? Don't take it personally. I'm sure if we met we'd have more in common than not. I'd have some moclobemide and DMT on one side for you :)

Psilocybin all by itself can have enormously different effects - one day it can be speedy, the next it can be sleepy. That's just the nature of psilocybin.

" I would like you to inoculate some Peurto Ricans "

I'll give them a try just for you Bio! I've got B+ and golden teachers colonising at the moment.

=], Good vibes..

Thanks for the input DwayneHoover. It was well said, and it's great to have many intelligent people on here who can understand what people are saying while adding their own experiences or posits towards cause and effect. I have no doubt that Ismene is also a really cool person, I'm not trying to create any need for defense, but rather explain phenomena possibly outside of his personal experiences and the possibilities of future discoveries in the chemical and neuroscience fields. Not that this is the same chemical basis for argument, but it wasn't until 10-15 years ago that the Endocannabinoid system was discovered. Many living organisms naturally produce cannbinoids (anandamide, 2-ag, and others) that function in our body. Infact at this current point in time they have discovered that endocannabinoids influence in some way 70% of our body's functionality. Omega 3 and fish oils get broken down into cannabinoids, the whole Leptin system controlling our metabolism operates solely through the CB2 endocannabinoid system, the same place CDB functions. DHEA, the main hormone in our body is also strongly believed to be a cannabinoid with it's incredible affinity to CB1 and CB2 receptor sites. I could go on and on, but I'll just post some primary articles at the end =]

The reason I am bringing this up - is that in the medical field or "common knowledge"/"common sense" structure of most in the medical field. They identify with THC as the only active or influential agent, when in reality THC's basis of functionality in our body is arranged and molded in many ways by the accompanying cannabinoids levels (Synergistic means). Have you ever talked to someone who never had access to cannabis dispensaries or a real top end grower, and only smoked non medical strains with just THC? (not that B+ or Golden Teachers aren't high end - but their trips have always been "the usual mushroom trip" experience without that over-the-top stimulant effect in their chemical profile, that everyone I talked to experienced with PR's.) As such, it is possible that those 2 mushrooms strains may act as straight forward Psilocybin interactions without the synergies of other possible alkaloids like "baeocystin", "norbaeocystin" or other non primarily-active components that influence the expression of the more widely known active components Psilocin and Psilocybin.

Obviously if you have smoked strong Sativas vs Indicas even that alone shows a strong difference in psycho-active and bodily effects. The combination of different cannabis Turpins , and cannabinoid ratios (CDB, CBC, CBN, THV etc...) all have an influence on the way cannabis interacts with our endocannabinoid system. Which itself is a strong regulatory framework involved in the majority of bodily function. This is why cannabis is so successful with a wide list of medical treatments. THC is not synonymous to cannabis, just as Psilocin may not be synonymous to every mushroom genotype.

For instance, the cannabinoid system naturally regulates those bodily operations, and their influence can be increased by the presence of different cannabinoid ratios. However, someone who only smoked non medical strains, for instance never smoking a "take your head off" sativa, that will have your body and mind hyper-stimulated like Ritalin even to the point of insomnia. Or on the other hand nice strong indicas that can relax your body and mind to the point of quick deep sleep. The person who only smoked herb with hybrid strains with just THC might claim that "All weed is the same" since with their experience it was just different potencies of THC. They could even deduce that anyone who said they got a different type of high " (Speedy/racy or Couchlock) were just placebo effects. Even if they weren't told what the "personality" of the cannabis strain was like in advance. Does that mean that they "had" to have been told that it would have a different high by the person selling the weed, so he could charge more?". Looking at the profit motive rather than the possibilities of chemical interactions and future discoveries or varying chemical synergies in different psychoactive genotypes and phenotypes.

However I have to reiterate - I know trips can have their own personalities and be subject to environmental factors - However this intense stimulant body load on PR's was absolutely everytime I took them. Each person I had take them as well 7+ people all reported back the speedy effect without me saying anything. It wasn't the spectrum of change that can occur during a trip, it was this over-the-top no way past it, intense stimulant ride across the board for everyone who took them every time. Again, they had no prior knowledge of such effects. Even if I had a stimulant effect the first time, that wouldn't influence everyone else experiencing the same thing around the board without warning or a hint to the stimulant end.

I hope you have a wonderful time with the Peurto ricans, they are really special in their effect. They are also incredibly strong - 1g of PR's is about the strength of 2.5g of B+ in my experience. People who ate an 1/8th (3.5g) of the PR's usually did not have a good time at all - crawling around in psilocybe overload. But between 1-2g of PR's is an incredible trip. I once flew up through my ceiling, through 3 levels of sky and fell back to hovering in a floating manner in the middle of the three sky areas. What a beautiful psychedelic experience to float out of your body and house into the sky for an extended period of time. 10 minutes later I came floating fast back down into my room through my ceiling then into my bed. This was on 0.7g's of PR's - not even 1g and I still had a strong presence of the intense stimulant effect. Strong strong stuff, really visual, lots of CEV's too - stimulant inquisitive & generally happy trip like 2c-i , with waves of euphoria that pulse over your body. And of course with a strong stimulant background unprecedented in my experience.

I'm excited to see your experiences.

Best Regards,

Bi0hazard

Last edited:
(Sources)

(Video)
There is a really good lecture on this by the Researcher who first synthesized THC in the 70's. Explains the natural cannabinoid system, different applications for it.
Full Youtube Video of The 40 minute lecture.
Cannabinoid System in Neuroprotection - Raphael Mechoulam (Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmqh1...9091FF93F06E66

(Articles)

Research shows that strains with higher amounts of CDB, remove the memory issues associated with certain high THC cannabis strains. It could be part of the cause of the "Clear Headed" effect in certain strains. That is enough reason to smoke high CDB strains alone.
http://www.cannabisskunksense.co.uk...904714/BJPsychOct2010-impactofcannabidiol.pdf

Cannabidiol (CDB) and (2)D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are neuroprotective antioxidants (1998)
http://www.pnas.org/content/95/14/8268.full.pdf (ARTICLE)

Omega-3 is broken down into endocannabinoids. Omega-3 deficiency breaks down the function of our natural cannabinoid system.
http://www.uccs.edu/~rmelamed/aging/lafourcade_et_al_2011.pdf (ARTICLE)

DHEA and EPEA activated cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors in vitro with significant potency, suggesting that they are endocannabinoids.
http://www.uccs.edu/~rmelamed/aging/brown_et_al_2010_20660502.pdf(ARTICLE)

THC and Cannabidiol (CDB) help fight off and prevent Colds, Flus and general/super Bugs (the feeling sick kind).
http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=whoa-the-stuff-in-pot-kills-germs-2008-08-27 (ARTICLE)

Activation of CB1 receptors in the Pre-Frontal cortex reduce symptoms of ADHD. It very effectively teats impulsiveness and restlessness.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14624808 (ARTICLE)

CB1 activation mediates baseline and activity-induced survival of new neurons in adult hippocampal neurogenesis. (Meaning the formation of new brain cells - which no other chemical on the planet has been shown to do)
http://www.biosignaling.com/content/pdf/1478-811X-8-12.pdf (ARTICLE)

Last edited:
What relevance has cannabis to this tho Bio? There's plenty of other plants with different alkaloids that don't give different trips. Peyote has 70-odd alkaloids but you don't get people saying this peyote is different to that peyote. Or mexican san pedro cactus is different to brazilian san pedro. Does mimosa from Brazil have a different DMT trip to mimosa from anywhere else?

I think cannabis might be the exception that proves the rule. Plus, obviously cannabis isn't really a psychedelic like psilocybin.

All I can say is I've tried at least a dozen different cubensis names - cambodian, Thai, B+, ecuador, amazonians, Golden teacher etc etc and never noticed any difference. And I've also tried cyans and liberty caps and not noticed any difference in those either. Give me 10 weeks to grow and I'll let you know about the PR's :)

Although there might be different alkaloids theoretically detectible in the lab, the important question is whether your body can detect minute traces of other alkaloids when it's being overwhelmed by a massive dose of psilocybin. It's kinda like someone throwing a 10 gallon bucket of water over you with a pinch of lemon juice in it and then saying "Did you taste the lemon?". Sure - in the lab you'll be able to detect the lemon juice but your body can't.

I'm excited about your PR's venture. Either way - you are going to thoroughly enjoy them - I can guarantee that. Definitely keep me posted :) I've very much been enjoying our conversation. I conveyed some really interesting philosophical concepts that analyze the basis of "What defines truth" and when is the final word given on future discoveries?

Yes, I did mention that it wasn't a direct correlation between the two, but rather that it resembles the same questions of when is it OK to say "everything has been revealed" in terms of the full understanding of chemicals, synergies and our brains. The lessons from cannabis connects to the question at hand over future research into psilocybe differences. It Concerns the absolute need to holding judgement before claiming the impossibility of any future discoveries in a field or topic.

The main connection I was trying to make between the discovery of the endocannabinoid system and the presence of specific effects for certain psilocybe strains. Is that it's an example in the past that claimed a psychological bias as the deciding explanation of effects that were rather caused by different less-understood chemical interactions. While discussing other ways that human analysis could overlook the presence and discovery of a whole unknown neurological / chemical system that has been influencing the results of science, but never before picked up on the radar of what was analyzed. Which we see happen over and over, like UV rays for example. They were always there, we just didn't always have the tools and methods to discover and display them.

If one were to have done the same thing with cannabis and THC 20 years ago as is now being proposed for psilocybe's saying they are all identical in psycho-active properties and any difference of affect is a psychological bias - they would have been strong arming (derailing) any future inquiries into deeper understandings of phenotype differences in substances and our brains.

I think this philosophical discussion is essential to the horizon of what science is possible of.

Would you say our current subjective (1st person) claims of objectivity (truth) are the endless potential of what we are questioning - always the end all say all? Science and worldly discovery has been turned on it's head many times throughout history due to new tools, methods and discoveries. If scientist and those who care about accurately documenting our environment and chemical systems - had said "This is everything that will ever be learned", at each new discovery - saying "As such, this is the objective unquestionable truth (universal truism)." If this analytical process were followed - future discoveries built on a desire to dig deeper into the unexplained would be conceptualy over before they began. Science tries to claim the true state of things "the is-ness" or "essence" of phenomena in our world as the "objective state" rather than our current hypothesis based on our methods, theories and ways of creating a science to provide results.

The significance that connects to what i was talking about above, is that in order to claim something as objective it has to take the stance that it has already considered and followed through researching every other possibility. Even the ones that are not revealed yet in current research - from discoveries in the future that show more of the bigger picture. They would be cast aside before inquiry began. In reflection to the potential of casting them out - previously unheard of discoveries have opened up new insights, understandings and areas of research that were inconceivable before. Basically the concept is that is order to say something is objective it has to claim that it has been shown to not be any other possibility. But in reality what's measured and analyzed for us in science and the lens of discovery is specifically what is shown by our current state of tools, methods, and understandings of science, neurology, and our brains. Discovery is generally limited to this factor.

The trick of the matter is that all objective claims were created by 1st person perspectives overtime. Science (which I support) ends up having to defend itself as the ultimate truth in order to secure funding at points, which creates problems - just as mislabeling or false marketing may happen with sales of chemicals or products (like we discussed). Science should be seen as a constantly re-evaluating and expanding inquiry about not just processing pre-set formulas or assumptions, but rather thinking about the way we think and go about setting up methods that lead to research based results. One last concept =] There is a difference between something being "true" vs something being "correct", it's a little semantic but important to distinguish. Something can be correct in any given "system/methods" or "set of data". However, the accuracy of this result is solely judged by the extents of the system itself. If the system does not look for, or account for data, for example neuro-pathways or chemical that are yet to be discovered - then it is not able to account for their influence on the outcome in its model or data. "Correct" is always limited to the set of data/system that it is based on and proved by. While on the other hand Truth is an ultimate constantly developing phenomena that sometimes is currently out of our research due to our tools, methods not revealing it in results.

Although there might be different alkaloids theoretically detectible in the lab, the important question is whether your body can detect minute traces of other alkaloids when it's being overwhelmed by a massive dose of psilocybin. It's kinda like someone throwing a 10 gallon bucket of water over you with a pinch of lemon juice in it and then saying "Did you taste the lemon?". Sure - in the lab you'll be able to detect the lemon juice but your body can't.

As far as synergistic effects of other alkaloids influencing the function of the primary active chemicals, there is no golden rule that says you always need a lot to change the primary chemicals effect. There are many things that take very little - but yes it would have to be processed somehow. The size or ratio for an interactive state isn't always the same for each chemical.

Best Regards,

Bi0hazard

Last edited:
The first time I did shrooms I ate half an eighth and I had a full blown visual trip, I was seeing colors, patterns, shapes, and shadows, everything I thought about I was able to see in my mind's eye, the body trip was intense too. I don't know what strain they were but it was a bunch of little thick stems. Now I've had Golden Teachers and they give me a body high, and more of a mental and emotional high where the visuals I get are enhanced colors, sharp visual acuity and CEV, but other than that they seem to be more of a body, mental and emotional trip