View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Vegetables

ScroogeMcDuck57

Bluelighter
I have a sick fascination with people being permanently damaged by psychedelics. I've always heard horror stories in health class in high school and read about MK-ULTRA victims and wanted to read more about it.
If I'm honest, I get a perverse satisfaction out of scenarios usually in film or literature like One Flew Over the Cko-cko's Nest where someone is left a vegetable. Has anyone had experience with this? Have psychedelics permanently damaged someone you know? Am I alone in my perversion/fascination?

homeless ----> PD

i have a friend who was diagnosed with cannabis induced psychosis - can't do psychedelics and after all the seroquel and lorazepam he's never been the same

i know of another who chomped down on a sheet once and has ever since had HPPD and very manic-like behavioral patterns. - still uses cannabis/conc. and last i heard he was using coke. he was scripted 0.5mg alprazolam for his symptoms.

to this day he's not a functioning member of society and lives with parents. he's in his mid 20s i'd say.

mod note - i figured this can probably start here in PD and maybe move to another forum later on dedicated to damages from drug use such as TDS or even MH?

I know a pretty crazy story. Back in the 80's my friends were drying sheets on a clothes line which got coated in crystal. The line was given to two people who split it in half and both went completely nuts and got sent to mental hospitals. I think the one dude killed himself, can't remember for sure, but the girl got out of the mental hospital on good behavior, married some guy and then stabbed him to death one night out of nowhere. This was an unimaginable amount of crystal. These people were incredibly experienced, peaceful people who could trip for a week straight without thinking it was a big deal, just upping their dose every day.

homeless ----> PD

i have a friend who was diagnosed with cannabis induced psychosis - can't do psychedelics and after all the seroquel and lorazepam he's never been the same

i know of another who chomped down on a sheet once and has ever since had HPPD and very manic-like behavioral patterns. - still uses cannabis/conc. and last i heard he was using coke. he was scripted 0.5mg alprazolam for his symptoms.

to this day he's not a functioning member of society and lives with parents. he's in his mid 20s i'd say.

mod note - i figured this can probably start here in PD and maybe move to another forum later on dedicated to damages from drug use such as TDS or even MH?

To be honest i'm one of those guys that heavy weed use caused me a nervous break down in my early 20's. Most but not all guys i grew up with and went to high school with have pretty much shunned me on account of some of the things i did and said while i was mentally unstable . However i may "never be the same again" recovery is possible and 15 years since i lost the plot i have a part time job and a reasonable social life even if i don't mind living a private life. There is life after social death

I know a pretty crazy story. Back in the 80's my friends were drying sheets on a clothes line which got coated in crystal. The line was given to two people who split it in half and both went completely nuts and got sent to mental hospitals. I think the one dude killed himself, can't remember for sure, but the girl got out of the mental hospital on good behavior, married some guy and then stabbed him to death one night out of nowhere. This was an unimaginable amount of crystal. These people were incredibly experienced, peaceful people who could trip for a week straight without thinking it was a big deal, just upping their dose every day.
That's what I'm talking about. That gets my dick so hard lol.

I took a sliver of the cardboard that was inside a cap of a 1L container of liquid. I had the best trip of my life. Another kid who took the same amount lost it. His friends had to call the police because he was so frightening. I wasn't there to see it sadly. I heard one of the arresting officers puked he was so upset. Gotta love SIU @ Carbondale.

Last edited:
homeless ----> PD

I'd like if this stayed somewhere where people could see it.
What is HPPD?

the note was just a thought. PD will obviously receive it better.

here you go - HPPD

It's pretty funny to think that I thought this thread was going to be a lovely, earthy post about your love of the consumption of various vegetables whilst under the influence of psychedelics, with a myriad of people agreeing and offering their own thoughts, tips and advice.

It's pretty funny to think that I thought this thread was going to be a lovely, earthy post about your love of the consumption of various vegetables whilst under the influence of psychedelics, with a myriad of people agreeing and offering their own thoughts, tips and advice.

Lol that's awesome. I rarely eat while I trip.

I rather detest that earthy holistic nonsense that people put with psychedelics. Vegetables are prefer in the human variety. Much tastier.

Do you not feel it's a bit sick getting off on the idea of another human's life being ruined?

Same. My friend brought a mix of raw veggies & mustard-honey dip on our last trip, it was godly.

My uncle's sister in law was one of the people who was experimented upon by that bastard Dr. Ewen Cameron in Montreal in the 1950's. It was only the older people in my family that talked about it at all.
While the term vegetable might be a bit harsh, from what I've heard my parents and aunt/uncle mention, it isn't terribly inaccurate. Not unsurprisingly my uncle didn't want to talk about it (and he was a pharmacist).

Shrug.

Tom

[one of the Canadian MK-Ultra test subjects for those who don't know what I was talking about....sorry]

Last edited:
My uncle's sister in law was one of the people who was experimented upon by that bastard Dr. Ewen Cameron in Montreal in the 1950's. It was only the older people in my family that talked about it at all.
While the term vegetable might be a bit harsh, from what I've heard my parents and aunt/uncle mention, it isn't terribly inaccurate. Not unsurprisingly my uncle didn't want to talk about it (and he was a pharmacist).

Shrug.

Tom
Wouldn't your uncle's sister be your aunt?

Same. My friend brought a mix of raw veggies & mustard-honey dip on our last trip, it was godly.

I'm more of a citrus fan when tripping. There's nothing like finding a Lilikoi out in the jungle when you're balls deep in some doses. It hits the spot the same way if you press behind your jaw bone. So good.

Nope, sister-in-law

Tom's Dad > Tom's Dad's Sister (Aunt) married to Uncle. My uncle's brother's wife (uncle's sister in law) was a test subject.

It is confusing.

Tom
Gotcha. How sad. It's one thing when people bring it upon themselves. It's another to be a victim of unethical medicine.