• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Vatican Hands Down First Drug Conviction

erosion

Bluelight Crew
A Vatican court for the first time has issued a drug conviction, giving a former employee of the Holy See a four-month suspended sentence for cocaine use, Italian news reports said Sunday.

The man worked in a Holy See administrative office and was recently fired because an Italian criminal court had convicted him of other offenses outside the Vatican, according to La Repubblica, the Rome daily. The Vatican tribunal convicted him of possessing cocaine, which was found in a drawer in the room where he worked, La Repubblica said.

The report did not give details, including the man's name.

La Repubblica quoted a Vatican judge, Gianluigi Marrone, as saying that the Vatican's legal code does not address illegal narcotics. Instead, the judges relied on international anti-drug conventions to which the Holy See is a signatory, Marrone was quoted as saying.

Another basis for the tribunal's decision was a 1929 Vatican law which allows verdicts in cases not covered specifically by its laws but which involve injury to "health, morality and religion," La Repubblica quoted the judge as saying.

Messages seeking comment from the Vatican's judges were not immediately returned. The judges are lawyers and laymen who serve on the Vatican panel.

Vatican Hands Down First Drug Conviction

NewsMax
May 7, 2007

Link

The Pope himself promoted a cocaine infused wine only 100 years ago. Have they decided it has become a sin since?

n4k33n said:
The Vatican tribunal convicted him of possessing cocaine

tribunal...sounds pretty heavy. god catholics have to make everything sooooo dramatic

The vatican doesn't have a DRUG law policy...

So they took the international drug laws...

The USA subscribed to those... throwing off its authority to... well....
The Federal Government stripped the states of their authority to create the drug laws.
The federal government didn't really have that authority anyway...

Problem #1 with the drug war...
We've signed treaties preventing us from abolishing the drug war.

Nice to know our government thinks it's more important to wage war on its civilians and place them under the rule of an international community than to stay bound by the constitution...

I've gotta ask though...
Was he doing lines off the alter boy's @$&*'s? >_<

n4k33n said:
The Pope himself promoted a cocaine infused wine only 100 years ago. Have they decided it has become a sin since?

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

- Romans 13

So, yes, it has become a sin since then.

^ Hot damn - everytime I hear about the "ye olde" days of yore with cocaine infused wine, soda-jerks serving the real Coke... with opiates in cure-all's stocked a plenty at each respective medicine "Shoppe"... I wonder one thing - where the HELL is the frickin' time MACHINE?!?

Imagine those kinda options "in town".

In all seriousness though, this is an interesting read - thank you.

Cheers - Hoss

college_dropout said:
"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

- Romans 13

So, yes, it has become a sin since then.

In that case, I don't like God any more.
He's now my sworn enemy.

Putting people like Bush into power?
And you call yourself a supreme being?
Go @^*% yourself!

Maybe the Judas scripture is right...
That GOD is evil, and Jesus was the son of a different god - a god of light - not the WAR god of the old testament....

Priest taking drugs ? Oh My! Next thing you know they'll be having sex ... errr wait a minute ;)

FractalStructure said:
good ol antisemitism

Really?

Christians are (generally) not jews.

Therefore condemning the teachings of christians is not anti-sematic.

At least... not as I understand it...

It really does raise some questions though...
Jesus taught about loving others and treating them as you wish to be treated...
To not condemn the actions of others unless you are perfectly without sin...

Love... and light.
Nearly a complete opposite of the Old testament teachings of survival, struggles, and wars...

I can go either way on this...
Jesus Christ can be the son of a god.
That makes more sense then Jesus Christ being the son of god.

Quick link, for kicks...

http://www.rense.com/general72/dec.htm

Declaration of Independence against a War God...