• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Variation between benzodiazepines

supersoup

Bluelighter
I have a good amount of experience with most benzos, and as far as I know, in equivalent doses (in ratio, not in mg), the strength (how fucked up you ar of the ones I've tried, in order from lowest to highest, would be Lorazepam (Ativan), Clonazepam (Klonopin), Diazepam (Valium), Etizolam, then Alprazolam (Xanax) for most people, based on what I've read here and seen in person. However, they work much differently for me. I would personally order them from weakest to strongest: Etizolam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Diazepam. Etizolam feels much stronger than any other benzo for me, with probably 50% memory loss of the experience throughout. Lorazepam is also very strong for me, with almost total loss of memory of the high, about 90%. Xanax instant release is very mild in my opinion, with probably around 10% memory loss, and Xanax extended release is a little stronger with around 20%. Klonopin is pretty weak in my opinion, but lasts a long time and I always remember everything. No dose of Valium has ever made me feel anything at all (never taken huge doses, but I've tried 20-40mg with no effect). I'll give a couple examples:

Around 8pm I take 2mg of Ativan, have one drink with a shot of 190 proof everclear (28.5mL of ethanol). I can't remember anything after that, but I know I was extremely inebriated, and took 3 more milligrams of Ativan in my stupor. Fall asleep around midnight, wake up at 7am. Feel sober, get ready for school, get in my car, drive fine for a few miles, and then somehow drive into the semi in front of me at a red light. A cop showed up, said I looked like I was under the influence, I said I wasn't, he dropped it. Car got towed, cop gave me a ride home. I don't remember any of the next 48 hours, I don't even know if I rode in the passenger seat or the back of the cop car. For some reason I completely remember the period from waking up that morning to crashing my car.

This just happened 2 days ago on saturday night: Friend and I each buy 2 of the yellow bars (2mg) of extended release xanax. At 6pm I took a bar and a half (3mg), friend took 1 and 3/4 bar (3.5mg) and a third friend takes both of our remaining pieces (3/4 of a bar, 1.5 mg). Over the next 6 hours we smoked a lot of weed and I drank 40oz of 6% beer (~70mL of ethanol). Both of them were really fucked up, loss of motor control, slurred words, barely open eyes, and they passed out at midnight. But 6pm to 4am, I felt inebriated, but I looked totally sober (says sober friends), had energy, cleaned my room, took a shower, made food for everyone, did the dishes, etc.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Why is my sensitivity to certain benzos so different from other peoples'? Any input is appreciated.

When I listed my personal order, I meant from strongest to weakest, but the first list is from weakest to strongest. Can't edit for some reason.

When I listed my personal order, I meant from strongest to weakest, but the first list is from weakest to strongest. Can't edit for some reason.

I have a similar order but I'm not sure in which order I'd put temazepam, oxazepam and nitrazepam, they all belong somewhere between diazepam and clonazepam though. Maybe nitrazepam -> temazepam -> oxazepam, from lowest to highest atleast when you look at the equivalency charts. Then again, it's a pretty close tie between the three. Although 'fucked up' is a rather subjective term. I certainly prefer the qualitative effects of temazepam over oxazepam and oxazepam over nitrazepam, but to each to their own. I certainly hate them all too, wish I was never prescribed them or took one in my life.

Xanax and Kpins are roughly the same as far as potency goes. The effects however, last a LOT longer with kpins.

Lorazepam might as well be sugar pills for me. Absolute garbage. I feel more from 3 mg diazepam than 1 mg lorazepam.

Diazepam is nice, kills anxiety and in all makes me a pleasant person. It also feels very nice and doesn't fuck up your memory that much.

Bromazepam kills all anxiety, but I don't realize it at the time. Overall nice for anxiety but not recreational and/or hypnotic.

Alprazolam is overrated imo. It's strong, hits fast, but the feeling isn't that good and it just doesn't last long enough. Also has a tendency to fuck your memory.

Etizolam is awesome for people with no tolerance. Imagine alprazolam only much better feeling and without the memory blank effect.

Clonazolam is just awesome, but probably too strong for ppl with no tolerance. Same goes for flubromazolam.