• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Valves in veins

2763738373Lame

Bluelighter
Hello can someone tell me how I can know where my valves are in the veins in my arm so I can avoid hitting them? I’ve looked it up and tried the tip about holding your vein down and “draining” the blood and seeing where it stops but I cannot understand what I’m looking at when trying this on my own. Thank you!

Im not sure what you mean by valves cuz those are in the heart only if im not mistaken. But what you do want to avoid hitting are the arteries. Generally they are pretty deep and the most visible veins you see will most likely be okay to shoot in, ive never hit an artery and ive shot drugs for twenty years.

But from what ive read if you are in an artery its gonna immedietly shoot pinkish blood into the syringe barrell hard and if this happens you pull out immedietly. Honestly if you havent started shooting drugs yet you really shouldnt, its caused me alot of problems and all my veins in my arms are collapsed now.

Like when i have to get blood taken at the hospital its a major issue for example and is very painful getting stuck repeatably 😔