• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Valium taper with diclazepam

boricuarage79

Greenlighter
Hi. First post

I'm new to these RC benzos. Been prescribed benzos for 10 years now and on to my second taper.

Well I was at 1.5mgs valium lowest dose I ever gotten and it sucked really hard.. cant explain the psychological effects it had on me. As if I wanted to blow my brains out. Withdrawals subdued in the evenings. But escalate when I wake up or outside.

Went to the states couple weeks ago (10 hour flight) and i up my dosage to 6mgs valium to feel somewhat normal on the trip.
Been on 6mgs-8mgs to stabilize, but I like to taper again. I flew back last night and got in this morning. I took 8mgs valium 2mgs spaced every 2 hours to have another comfortable flight.

I got some advice that diclazepam is a good taper drug. 1mg equals about 10mgs diazepam.

So how would I go about tapering 10mgs of valium with diclaz. Do I take 1mg of diclaz so its equivalent to my starting taper dose. Do I have to taper diclaz too? Or can I jump cold Turkey once my valium taper is done.

All this info is overwhelming as I tried almost every thing to taper. From titration, 10 percent cuts every 2 weeks, dry cuts.. etc..

I found a source 1ml=4mgs so I would take 0.25ml for 1mg

Thanks everyone

I see no advantage using diclazepam to get off diazepam. Diclazepam has a shorter half life, the higher potency makes it harder to handle, and the RC grades can vary in quality.

Continue using the 2mg diazepam tabs to get off. Ive done it a few times, from very high doses. Each time i went down slowly till i reached 1mg of diazepam, then jumped off. You should do the same. It sucks for a while, but at least it has an end (what youre going through now is prolonging your hell).

I see no advantage using diclazepam to get off diazepam. Diclazepam has a shorter half life, the higher potency makes it harder to handle, and the RC grades can vary in quality.

Continue using the 2mg diazepam tabs to get off. Ive done it a few times, from very high doses. Each time i went down slowly till i reached 1mg of diazepam, then jumped off. You should do the same. It sucks for a while, but at least it has an end (what youre going through now is prolonging your hell).

hi
what about gabapatin, i can have my psychiatrist to prescribe it

Gabapentin and pregabalin are very helpful, but only begin after you have taken your last 1mg, and discontinue those after 10 days (or you'll develop another dependency).

I thought diclazepam had a longer half life than diazepam. And 1mg is more like 10-12mg of diaz.
I haven't check this info since I was taking them years ago.

But I did use them to start my tapering down to come off of alllll the other benzos and rc benzos I was on before. They are really good for tapering. I first used them and then diazepam. Before I was using sooo much flubromazolam, clonazolam, etizolam and xanax. Plus lots of other benzos in smaller doses. Used to love my cocktails.

Tbh I think you are better off using diazepam and jus lowering your dose gradulay down to 1mg. If you still feel shit then you are tapering too fast.

Good luck my friend. I beat benzos and I've never looked back.

Gabapentin and pregabalin are very helpful, but only begin after you have taken your last 1mg, and discontinue those after 10 days (or you'll develop another dependency).

one reason i declined from my doc.. cause i did not wana be stuck in another med.

I thought diclazepam had a longer half life than diazepam. And 1mg is more like 10-12mg of diaz.
I haven't check this info since I was taking them years ago.

But I did use them to start my tapering down to come off of alllll the other benzos and rc benzos I was on before. They are really good for tapering. I first used them and then diazepam. Before I was using sooo much flubromazolam, clonazolam, etizolam and xanax. Plus lots of other benzos in smaller doses. Used to love my cocktails.

Tbh I think you are better off using diazepam and jus lowering your dose gradulay down to 1mg. If you still feel shit then you are tapering too fast.

Good luck my friend. I beat benzos and I've never looked back.

this looks liek the best option.. just stick with diazepam.., but i read diclaz has a longer half life and 1mg is like 10 mgs of diaiz. b to stable back to 10mgs.. and taper again...

was on all types pills, to antidepressants to antipsychotic.. not knowin seroquel was an antipsychitiv.. but i havent taking them pills in years..

i just smoke weed and cbd.. dont even drink alchoho in a long time

thanks