• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using Suboxone for 3 day detox

Thanks for your reply my biggest problem right now is not tapering off of those it's having other psychological problems dealing with so much in my life right now my anxiety has gotten out of control I haven't slept hardly in 10 days. Just saw my psychiatrist and he recommends I go in for treatment if I can't manage everything at home right now
Ya the pain meds over time increase your anxiety and than when you come off your anxiety goes way up. So if you already had anxiety issues prior to using hydros than if you can afford the time and money you may really want to go into treatment. Just remember if they do try to use subs on you remember what you have heard and read from those have used it. Just dont get put on some crazy high doses. I mean almost everyone has said use the smallest amount for the shortest amount of time that you have to. That is if you are looking to come off pills totally. Even if you are going to maintain on them use as little as it takes to live a "normal" life. There is just no way at this point for me would i have considered stay on subs any longer than i had to. The subs freak me out way to much. And i dont like the way i feel at all while on them. But thats just me. Some people feel great and live them. My whole goal was to get clean as fast as possible and deal with my adiction while being totally clean. Again thats me and what i wanted to do others may have a totally different approach. But there is no one size fits all with any of this stuff. Just need to do whats best for you. Just think and research as much as you can so you make a well informed choice. That way you dont make think worse. Good luck. And today is day 7 off subs and i feel much better than yesterday. Every day from the first day off subs i felt better and better each day.

tootpastedog. What's your opinion on me using buprenorphine in a low dose for a week or so to come off this hydrocodone. I've taper down from 70 to 40 milligrams with great difficulty. Was taking 70mg about 9 or 10 months. 40 milligrams a day about three or 4 months prior to that. I probably have enough to continue tapering at a slow rate, thinking a month so I won't have much if any withdrawals.

I also want to get off of them as soon as possible and my doctor wants me off ASAP. My other issue is suffering from extreme anxiety and depression that's why the doctor wants me off of them so he can treat me for that. From what I've read seems like Overkill to use bup for only 40 milligrams hydrocodone. ??? From what I've read the dose of .5 milligrams would cover the withdrawals. I tried it several weeks ago and my my already extremely high anxiety got even worse. Ended up having a total panic attack . I stopped using the buprenorphine and went back to the hydrocodone . Some of it was probably due to never taking this stuff before added on top of my already extremely high anxiety which the Norco actually helps . Actually briefly 6 months ago the doctor had given me some oxycodone and even though it was Stronger I never noticed that helping my anxiety like the hydrocodone did for some reason. And also anxiety has gotten really high over not working and having other problems Big Time Financial issues house going into foreclosure possibly you get the picture. .

When I tried the buprenorphine the first time was still doing about 50 milligrams of hydrocodone the day. I took one milligram the first day and was quite buzzed then about three-quarters the next couple days . 4th day my anxiety was so high I had the panic attack . I've tried to find dosing equivalency charts but they seem to be inconsistent. I have an appointment to see my doctor again on Monday talk everything over with him again. To see if he'll try to work with me. If I just want to try to taper off and come up with a plan from him to help with the anxiety. My therapist says getting off the Norcos ASAP will get me closer to be able to treat and help my anxiety. Also been on benzos for a year-and-a-half Klonopin mostly some Xanax here and there also . currently taking 3 milligrams Klonopin a day sometimes only two. That dose of Klonopin doesn't even help my anxiety just keeps me from going through withdrawal from it. Let me know what you think thanks.

Taking a low dose of bupe, such as 2mg/day twice a day for three days then 1mg/twice a day for two days and 1mg/once a day for two days, will detox you without any significant discomfort. Taking buprenorphine for more than seven days would be overkill in your situation, but for just a week it would make things significantly easier and be quite appropriate, even if you have been tapering.

It pisses me off how doctors will refuse to treat their clients for serious medical conditions only on the condition they detox off opioids or whatever their DOC is. Your doctor should have already started to treat your depression! There is no excuse for waiting. Waiting will only make it more difficult for you to deal with the symptoms of depression during the acute and post acute withdrawal from your hydrocodone habit.

How is he thinking of treating our depression? Sounds like you'd be a good candidate for bupropion if you have developed addictive tendencies and suffer from both depression and anxiety.

I have been reading this thread for a while and I feel I had to join and say that I went to a rehab in 2005 and did a 3 day suboxone detox and felt fine. I relapased about 2 years later(people places and things) I went back on the ocean commercial fishing. During that time I had to get clean once a month for testing, I did this on my own quite a few times. The most important part is wait till you are really in wd because every other time or so I put myself into pwd and it sucks bad. Once you feel bad take a small piece of sub. Wait 2 hrs and if you don't feel right take a little more it is important to get through the first day without over doing it. Then , depending what time of day you start,take half a strip the 2nd day start with half a stop or more in am and a little less at night this will be your biggest dose day. Day 3 take 1/4 in am and little less that night the morning of the 4 th day take 2 mg and do not take any more. You don't want to detox off this. You will be better off detoxing off h

Taking a low dose of bupe, such as 2mg/day twice a day for three days then 1mg/twice a day for two days and 1mg/once a day for two days, will detox you without any significant discomfort. Taking buprenorphine for more than seven days would be overkill in your situation, but for just a week it would make things significantly easier and be quite appropriate, even if you have been tapering.

It pisses me off how doctors will refuse to treat their clients for serious medical conditions only on the condition they detox off opioids or whatever their DOC is. Your doctor should have already started to treat your depression! There is no excuse for waiting. Waiting will only make it more difficult for you to deal with the symptoms of depression during the acute and post acute withdrawal from your hydrocodone habit.

How is he thinking of treating our depression? Sounds like you'd be a good candidate for bupropion if you have developed addictive tendencies and suffer from both depression and anxiety.

Thanks tpd the past two years my psychiatrist has try to treat my depression with various antidepressant of which most of them I only stayed on for a brief time due to side effects I couldn't stay and and it up initially only intending on staying clonazepam to help me get through till first antidepressant I stayed and worked it seemed to help butt I couldn't stand a sexual side effects so I stop taking it and he prescribed another one which I never ended up taking. It was during this time that I actually went back to work and started taking the Norcos again 4 chronic pancreatitis and knee and back pain and I found it they help relieve my anxiety and depression very well.

Then the knee pain and back pain got a little bit better after about 5 months and by that point I had intended to start tapering off the hydrocodone and only taking it when I had the pancreatic pain but just kept taking a few of them a day because I had access to them and I didn't want to deal with withdrawals and they still help my anxiety and depression.

Then in February I hurt my back pretty bad had already been having a little bit of back pain before then and started taking more of them for that .

Unfortunately since February I still have back pain and tried to do physical therapy to alleviate it but was unable to make much progress due to being still so damn tired everyday and not sleeping well wasn't able to really get your strength up to alleviate the back problem . Right now I'm still not working and I am in a lot of pain from the back but I think the pain level is exasperated by the anxiety too . Got a little bit better a couple months ago when I was doing the exercise again anxiety wasn't so high . The doctor thought I was actually taking an antidepressant but he prescribed but I wasn't and he didn't know I was taking the Norcos and he was prescribing the clonazepam the whole time which right now he says he can get in trouble for as there's a big black box warning making it practically illegal to prescribe the clonazepam while I'm still taking Norco. He didn't prescribe me another antidepressant a couple months ago and I started taking it and thought one of the side effects was affecting my muscles having side effect from that wasn't sure cuz I was also taking a muscle relaxer that good cause muscle pain too. So I took it on and off as a trial and error to see.

Last time I saw him he told me not to take it anymore because it interacted with the other medications. First time I asked him about taking it with the hydrocodone I told him I read that it actually acts as an opioid potentiator and he said that was okay that it would allow me to take less Norco. Saw him on Monday and he told me not to take it anymore and prescribed me a different antidepressant. But the several times I did try taking any antidepressant I was in an extreme anxiety state and all they did was make it worse and I couldn't take it. So right now starting on a new antidepressant is going to be extremely difficult and take some time to even start to help . But then he also said since it seems like you can't manage this at home and your anxiety is so bad that you need to go in for treatment for we are anxiety problems which have gotten horrible and get off the Norcos. I haven't been able to exercise or do much and have been sleep deprived for quite a long time and my big problem now with sleep is that somehow I have developed an eating problem which makes me starving all night I'm up and down all night eating with hunger pangs don't know what the cause of it is. This Could be the depression anxiety and lack of sleep that contributes to this not sure what it is. I did read that this can be a depression and anxiety related problem as your body's cortisol levels are so high all the time that it could mess everything up to . Or some kind of neurological problem that has developed from taking the clonazepam for so long along with opioids . Could have developed benzo toxicity the benzos themselves really mess up your nervous system Also the clonazepam doesn't even help my anxiety anymore . Even though I've gone up and dosage The clonazepam never made me really hungry before on and off took Xanax over the past 12 months and and it would give me the munchies sometimes.

Went to my regular doctor for some basic Labs as the psychiatrist suggested as the hunger pains at night could be a physical problem creating the extreme hunger all night they did some basic tests in nothing conclusive. I did some research on the internet and found it actually sleep deprivation can mess with the hormones in your stomach tell your brain to stop eating when you're full and stop the hunger pangs. Even if I eat a decent amount of food sale turkey sandwich in a couple cereal bars with should be good for a late night snack I still feel hungry after eating it . But at night it almost seems like even when I eat decent amount it does go through my body real fast and my stomach feels empty again not just that I feel hungry and still have a full stomach it's like there's a metabolism problem or my body's just trying to suck up the food as fast as possible. The past month I haven't really ate much during the day due to the anxiety lost a little weight but it's not like I'm starving my body and not eating at all during the day and it's trying to make up for it at night . So this is really complicated my situation.

Everything in my life right now is a fucking mess and I'm a mess. I appreciate all your guys input and suggestions and communication as I really don't have anybody else to talk to about this

. I checked with a couple highly rated rehab hospitals that detox and psych problems and in their program you have to also come off the benzodiazepines which ideally I would like to come off benzos ASAP but the one intake person said if I was to come in for opiate withdrawal but they wouldn't give me any benzos unlesunless I went through withdrawal from them not just for my anxiety. well hell extreme anxiety is part of benzo withdrawal so I left said thank you bye

Spent all day yesterday looking at and calling places and check out their treatment possibilities. 1 Doctor Who answered at the local hospital said I should probably see one of their psychiatrists in have him help me get off the opioids. And the hospitals that do detox with a dual diagnosis of anxiety and depression and have a psychiatrist managing the detox not just a regular doctor will require you to get into their substance abuse program also. Also my insurance will require me to enter a program if they're going to pay for a detox as they wouldn't even cover buprenorphine unless I went into a dependency program when I got the script for last month and tried it for a few days . If I want to I can do something like that through my therapist's office 3 days a week program he has but I only have insurance till the end of the year so I need to figure out what to do fast and it's been making me crazy too. The sleep deprivation just continues to exasperate my anxiety.

Last night was bad enough actually 2 keep me from eating but I only slept on and off about an hour at a time maybe an hour and a half at the most until 4 in the morning. So I got about 6 hours of broken sleep. Then in the morning I took a couple Norcos and my anxiety subsided then I got hungry and had to get up and eat. Lay back down felt hungry again a half hour later had to get up and eat and by that time my anxiety kicked in and I couldn't fall back asleep.

Been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what the hell to do. I need to do something ASAP I've had my mom stay with me all week so I wouldn't flip out. Wasn't able to do some of the things able to do things that actually helped my anxiety like get out and hang out with my buddies I play pool with. And just get out here and there in general and do something I was going to go last night for a little while and hang out and watch my pool team shoot but I was just too damn tired.

The night before I only slept 3 hours. And anxiety has me exhausted to sleep I get is not quality sleep at all. Last time I got a decent night's sleep was 2 weeks ago Thursday night. That was actually really only four and a half hours of solid sleep but it was enough to make me feel like I wasn't The Walking Dead the next day. Today I'm cutting down to 35 milligrams

Thanks tpd the past two years my psychiatrist has try to treat my depression with various antidepressant of which most of them I only stayed on for a brief time due to side effects I couldn't stay and and it up initially only intending on staying clonazepam to help me get through till first antidepressant I stayed and worked it seemed to help butt I couldn't stand a sexual side effects so I stop taking it and he prescribed another one which I never ended up taking. It was during this time that I actually went back to work and started taking the Norcos again 4 chronic pancreatitis and knee and back pain and I found it they help relieve my anxiety and depression very well.

Then the knee pain and back pain got a little bit better after about 5 months and by that point I had intended to start tapering off the hydrocodone and only taking it when I had the pancreatic pain but just kept taking a few of them a day because I had access to them and I didn't want to deal with withdrawals and they still help my anxiety and depression.

Then in February I hurt my back pretty bad had already been having a little bit of back pain before then and started taking more of them for that .

Unfortunately since February I still have back pain and tried to do physical therapy to alleviate it but was unable to make much progress due to being still so damn tired everyday and not sleeping well wasn't able to really get your strength up to alleviate the back problem . Right now I'm still not working and I am in a lot of pain from the back but I think the pain level is exasperated by the anxiety too . Got a little bit better a couple months ago when I was doing the exercise again anxiety wasn't so high . The doctor thought I was actually taking an antidepressant but he prescribed but I wasn't and he didn't know I was taking the Norcos and he was prescribing the clonazepam the whole time which right now he says he can get in trouble for as there's a big black box warning making it practically illegal to prescribe the clonazepam while I'm still taking Norco. He didn't prescribe me another antidepressant a couple months ago and I started taking it and thought one of the side effects was affecting my muscles having side effect from that wasn't sure cuz I was also taking a muscle relaxer that good cause muscle pain too. So I took it on and off as a trial and error to see.

Last time I saw him he told me not to take it anymore because it interacted with the other medications. First time I asked him about taking it with the hydrocodone I told him I read that it actually acts as an opioid potentiator and he said that was okay that it would allow me to take less Norco. Saw him on Monday and he told me not to take it anymore and prescribed me a different antidepressant. But the several times I did try taking any antidepressant I was in an extreme anxiety state and all they did was make it worse and I couldn't take it. So right now starting on a new antidepressant is going to be extremely difficult and take some time to even start to help . But then he also said since it seems like you can't manage this at home and your anxiety is so bad that you need to go in for treatment for we are anxiety problems which have gotten horrible and get off the Norcos. I haven't been able to exercise or do much and have been sleep deprived for quite a long time and my big problem now with sleep is that somehow I have developed an eating problem which makes me starving all night I'm up and down all night eating with hunger pangs don't know what the cause of it is. This Could be the depression anxiety and lack of sleep that contributes to this not sure what it is. I did read that this can be a depression and anxiety related problem as your body's cortisol levels are so high all the time that it could mess everything up to . Or some kind of neurological problem that has developed from taking the clonazepam for so long along with opioids . Could have developed benzo toxicity the benzos themselves really mess up your nervous system Also the clonazepam doesn't even help my anxiety anymore . Even though I've gone up and dosage The clonazepam never made me really hungry before on and off took Xanax over the past 12 months and and it would give me the munchies sometimes.

Went to my regular doctor for some basic Labs as the psychiatrist suggested as the hunger pains at night could be a physical problem creating the extreme hunger all night they did some basic tests in nothing conclusive. I did some research on the internet and found it actually sleep deprivation can mess with the hormones in your stomach tell your brain to stop eating when you're full and stop the hunger pangs. Even if I eat a decent amount of food sale turkey sandwich in a couple cereal bars with should be good for a late night snack I still feel hungry after eating it . But at night it almost seems like even when I eat decent amount it does go through my body real fast and my stomach feels empty again not just that I feel hungry and still have a full stomach it's like there's a metabolism problem or my body's just trying to suck up the food as fast as possible. The past month I haven't really ate much during the day due to the anxiety lost a little weight but it's not like I'm starving my body and not eating at all during the day and it's trying to make up for it at night . So this is really complicated my situation.

Everything in my life right now is a fucking mess and I'm a mess. I appreciate all your guys input and suggestions and communication as I really don't have anybody else to talk to about this

. I checked with a couple highly rated rehab hospitals that detox and psych problems and in their program you have to also come off the benzodiazepines which ideally I would like to come off benzos ASAP but the one intake person said if I was to come in for opiate withdrawal but they wouldn't give me any benzos unlesunless I went through withdrawal from them not just for my anxiety. well hell extreme anxiety is part of benzo withdrawal so I left said thank you bye

Spent all day yesterday looking at and calling places and check out their treatment possibilities. 1 Doctor Who answered at the local hospital said I should probably see one of their psychiatrists in have him help me get off the opioids. And the hospitals that do detox with a dual diagnosis of anxiety and depression and have a psychiatrist managing the detox not just a regular doctor will require you to get into their substance abuse program also. Also my insurance will require me to enter a program if they're going to pay for a detox as they wouldn't even cover buprenorphine unless I went into a dependency program when I got the script for last month and tried it for a few days . If I want to I can do something like that through my therapist's office 3 days a week program he has but I only have insurance till the end of the year so I need to figure out what to do fast and it's been making me crazy too. The sleep deprivation just continues to exasperate my anxiety.

Last night was bad enough actually 2 keep me from eating but I only slept on and off about an hour at a time maybe an hour and a half at the most until 4 in the morning. So I got about 6 hours of broken sleep. Then in the morning I took a couple Norcos and my anxiety subsided then I got hungry and had to get up and eat. Lay back down felt hungry again a half hour later had to get up and eat and by that time my anxiety kicked in and I couldn't fall back asleep.

Been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what the hell to do. I need to do something ASAP I've had my mom stay with me all week so I wouldn't flip out. Wasn't able to do some of the things able to do things that actually helped my anxiety like get out and hang out with my buddies I play pool with. And just get out here and there in general and do something I was going to go last night for a little while and hang out and watch my pool team shoot but I was just too damn tired.

The night before I only slept 3 hours. And anxiety has me exhausted to sleep I get is not quality sleep at all. Last time I got a decent night's sleep was 2 weeks ago Thursday night. That was actually really only four and a half hours of solid sleep but it was enough to make me feel like I wasn't The Walking Dead the next day. Today I'm cutting down to 35 milligrams

Meant to say he did prescribe me and antidepressant a couple months ago

Years back when I went into a 3-day detox facility at a local hospital that's basically what they had me do; use Suboxone daily while I was there to get me through the initial stages of withdrawal and sent me home with a 1 week script and that was it. 10 days total. Ideally you should have at least that long to make the taper as smooth as possible, but you can definitely do it in 4 with relatively minor discomfort. If i had to do it again I'd do it the same way. I never liked the idea of staying on Suboxone for more than a week or two when a week or two is all you need to get past the worst parts of withdrawal.

great info here now in my last days of taper i decided to go this route with one 8mgs strip of subs can the strips be broken down to .5 mgs just wondering cause im gonna try to start 1mg twice day. I have a thread called 16 year oxy user for background i hope im making right choice to include subs in my withdrawals arsenal?

Hot damn! All things considered I would say you are handling your situation pretty damn skillfully. Dealing with insurance and treatment providers is almost always a huge PITA, but you seem to be managing it pretty darn well, all things considered.

Shoot me a pm. I would like to ask you some questions but they wouldn't be appropriate over the public forums.

Keep up the good work buddy. The stuff you're dealing with sounds insanely difficult, but if you keep trying and working as hard as you are to get healthy you will start making significant progress sooner rather than later.

It sure sounds like finding a treatment provider, which your insurance will cover, that will detox you from opioids safely, using buprenorphine or methadone, and safely from the benzos, using a benzos or other gabaergic medication taper protocol, will benefit you immensely.

It might make sense to get on a short to mid term 30 day to six month outpatient methadone taper would make sense, but only as a last resort. The kind of inpatient treatment i described above would be much more ideal, but if you can't find anything like what I described at least detoxing the opioids using methadone on an outpatient will allow you to work with your psychiatrist to taper you off the benzos at a slower, more reasonable rate than what a short term intensive inpatient normally provides for. The people who seem the mosf successful detoxing from opioids and benzos normally spend about 6 to 24 months tapering.

Suboxone is not anything to mess around with! I would do any other options available before recommending because the withdrawals from subs are WORSE THAN ANYTHING IMAGINABLE!! Good luck

Hot damn! All things considered I would say you are handling your situation pretty damn skillfully. Dealing with insurance and treatment providers is almost always a huge PITA, but you seem to be managing it pretty darn well, all things considered.

Shoot me a pm. I would like to ask you some questions but they wouldn't be appropriate over the public forums.

Keep up the good work buddy. The stuff you're dealing with sounds insanely difficult, but if you keep trying and working as hard as you are to get healthy you will start making significant progress sooner rather than later.

It sure sounds like finding a treatment provider, which your insurance will cover, that will detox you from opioids safely, using buprenorphine or methadone, and safely from the benzos, using a benzos or other gabaergic medication taper protocol, will benefit you immensely.

It might make sense to get on a short to mid term 30 day to six month outpatient methadone taper would make sense, but only as a last resort. The kind of inpatient treatment i described above would be much more ideal, but if you can't find anything like what I described at least detoxing the opioids using methadone on an outpatient will allow you to work with your psychiatrist to taper you off the benzos at a slower, more reasonable rate than what a short term intensive inpatient normally provides for. The people who seem the mosf successful detoxing from opioids and benzos normally spend about 6 to 24 months tapering.
Thanks again tpd for your input and reply. I want to your profile page and found instant messaging but I'm not sure how to do a pm. I want to your profile page and it gave an option for instant messaging. But I push the button and it didn't do anything. I access the forum from my phone but I don't see that that would prevent me from getting too where I need to go to p.m. somebody let me know thanks I gotta fill you in on some things that I probably don't want posted anyway also

Thanks again tpd for your input and reply. I want to your profile page and found instant messaging but I'm not sure how to do a pm. I want to your profile page and it gave an option for instant messaging. But I push the button and it didn't do anything. I access the forum from my phone but I don't see that that would prevent me from getting too where I need to go to p.m. somebody let me know thanks I gotta fill you in on some things that I probably don't want posted anyway also

I found the p.m. feature and sent a message so you can reply to whatever questions you have for me and I can fill you in on current details thanks again for your help

Suboxone is not anything to mess around with! I would do any other options available before recommending because the withdrawals from subs are WORSE THAN ANYTHING IMAGINABLE!! Good luck

I can think of worse things than opioid withdrawal. Kicking heroin was much harder than kicking buprenorphine for me.

If you don't know what you're doing and have a shitty doctor, then buprenorphine withdrawals can be fucking horrible. However, if one educates one's self about how the medication works and how to taper properly, and doesn't try and come off like 24mg or 12mg all at once, the withdrawal is very manageable.

Does it suck? Yeah, withdrawal sucks. But there are ways of managing it so it isn't too painful.

proper med user - I'll get to your pm when I have the time.

I have also been doing that last 3 days with suboxone now I'm out and not as bad as I though just wondering my best options at this point before I get into a type of treatment which I did before with methadone but detoxed off that 5months ago but had had this slip up which is why I took subs for 3 days now up to me just wondering if you have any suggestions

I can think of worse things than opioid withdrawal. Kicking heroin was much harder than kicking buprenorphine for me.

If you don't know what you're doing and have a shitty doctor, then buprenorphine withdrawals can be fucking horrible. However, if one educates one's self about how the medication works and how to taper properly, and doesn't try and come off like 24mg or 12mg all at once, the withdrawal is very manageable.

Does it suck? Yeah, withdrawal sucks. But there are ways of managing it so it isn't too painful.

proper med user - I'll get to your pm when I have the time.
Bupe withdrawal is 10 times worse then heroin withdrawal without a doubt. It lasts so fucking long and has a mental component that just broke my will piece by piece. Any doctor who claims sub withdrawal isn't bad should have to experience it.

That is the thing. . .

Any doctor worth their license to prescribe buprenorphine should know that when buprenorphine is improperly used and not correctly tapered off it is one of the more painful opioid detoxes, perhaps only second to c/t'ing a nasty fentanyl habit or large methadone habit. By the same token, they should know that, when properly managed, used more or less as prescribed and properly tapered off of, the detox is a walk in the park compared to c/t'ing any serious opioid habit.

Remember folks, the serverity of the withdrawal from ANY opioid is determined by the following factors: the frequency of dosing, quantity of the dose, length of the habit AND whether or not one tapers off one's dose.

Whether or not one tapers off their dose properly has more to do with the severity of the acute and post acute withdrawal symptoms than any other factor. Of course, the other factors will determine the difficult of the taper, its lengths, the frequency of dose reductions and the like, but at the end of the day whether or not one uses a proper taper will determine the difficulty of eventual kicking.

The main difference between heroin and buprenorphine is that it is much more difficult to taper from a short acting full agonist opioid like heroin than it is a mixed agonist-antagonist long acting opioid like buprenorphine. Which is precisely why buprenorphine is use so effectively at getting people off as well as detoxed from short acting and full agonist opioids.

When I was in rehab, this April of 2012, the clinical staff attempted a different kind of suboxone detox with me...it took 3 days and worked better then any detox I've ever gone through... if anyone is looking for a better way to quicker way then please contact me.... I'm not a doctor I'm not telling you what you should and shouldnt do...I just wanna let you know what I went through and if you determine that you'd like to try it yourself based on my experience then that is entirely up to you

Dear babymonroe26 I have 5 8mg and want to make this as painless as possible please contact me <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear babymonroe26 I have 5 8mg and want to make this as painless as possible please contact me <snip>

Welcome to BL Boxingbear! It is unlikely you will hear back from babymonroe26 given how long ago that was posted, but I have a feeling we can still help you.

So you have a total of 40mg of buprenoprhine? To help assist you manage your detox/taper, we need a bit more info:
  • What was/is you opioid of choice?
  • What is a normal dose for you?
  • What kind of route of administration do you prefer (shooting/snort/eating/plugging/etc)?
  • How long have you been using?

40mg of buprenorphine is a good enough amount to manage all but the most severe opioid detoxes, so you are in a good place with this. Is there any chance you can get your hands on any other comfort meds to aid yourself in the detoxification process? In particular the following medications: clonidine, gabapentin, and something like diazepam?

You sure can use buprenorphine, or tramadol on the hardest days, like they do it in detox facilities, and you can obviously add some benzos to it (and that medicines - all you need, basycly) but only for 4-5 days, and most importantly to taper that to zero mg close to day 5 or 6 at most.
but we are addicts, and most of us (99 of 100) couldn't accomplish this in the right way, coz we addicted mentally, and we desperately need professional help.....

Well while this thread has been received, I'd really like someones experienced opinion on my new unfortunate circumstance.

I have about 15 8mg suboxone strips. And tons of Xanax and Kratom for assistance. And I hopefully will be able to get my hands on more subs, but if you don't think that's enough, if you have a suggested qty that you would suggest please tell me.

I am currently IV'ing 3-4 bundles of 10 bags of dope a day. And it's been pretty strong stuff this passed month. I've only been IV'ing for about 4 months now, and I really hate it but I don't have much of a choice it feels like. But I've been using for 4 years. Used oxy for 3 of the 4 years, and have used dope only for this passed year, actually a little less then a year. But the habit jumped up quickly. Started sniffing a bun a day to where I am now. Ugh...

But I'd really love to attempt a short taper if at all possible. I have tapered off with suboxone a few times before. Inducted with very small amounts usually topping off at about 2mg. As they say, of which I have found to be true, taking up to 2mg is where you still feel it, beyond that it is not necessary. But now that my dose is so much higher since my last taper about 8 months ago, who knows if that will still hold.

I have also heard of short 3 days tapers, like described here, of taking super high doses up front and quickly tapering from that, relying on the long half life if suboxone.

So if anyone has any experience with either the short taper, or tapering off in general this amount of dope, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all.

Help

When I was in rehab, this April of 2012, the clinical staff attempted a different kind of suboxone detox with me...it took 3 days and worked better then any detox I've ever gone through... if anyone is looking for a better way to quicker way then please contact me.... I'm not a doctor I'm not telling you what you should and shouldnt do...I just wanna let you know what I went through and if you determine that you'd like to try it yourself based on my experience then that is entirely up to you

Please tell me what to do. I've tried cold turkey, weaning myself off with opiates, everything and I can't get past the physical part. I hate it and need to be free of it. I want to be human again. I have an 8mg strip but idk how to do it. I've been on opiates with an iv for 6 yrs and can't do this anymore. I'm ready to die to get free.