• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using Suboxone for 3 day detox

Bupe is an opioid, not an opiate. Taking small amounts of suboxone or subutex can alleviate a notable amount of acute withdrawal symptoms (given, the withdrawal period will be drawn out to a degree). Somehow I don't think "a lot of benzos" is really a viable alternative (though a few benzos have been known to help if you aren't predisposed to benzo addiction). Surely this can't be the "dumbest thread you've seen in a while" unless you haven't been reading that many threads.

I've been on suboxone for 5 days now. was only using a gram a week of H after a couple month 30mg methadone use. I haven't used methadone in 2 weeks and no heroin for 6 days. If I stop the suboxone today do you think I avoided most of the withdrawal?

Same here, 11 days without done(30mgs), 8 days without h, and 56 hours without suboxone(1-2 mgs a day). I keep waiting for the wds to start but they haven't(other than rls, no sleep, and no energy). Btw I came down from 120 mgs of done 10 mgs a week till I got to 30, then stayed at 30 for two months. Someone tell me what I'm in for.

Same here, 11 days without done(30mgs), 8 days without h, and 56 hours without suboxone(1-2 mgs a day). I keep waiting for the wds to start but they haven't(other than rls, no sleep, and no energy). Btw I came down from 120 mgs of done 10 mgs a week till I got to 30, then stayed at 30 for two months. Someone tell me what I'm in for.

Hell yea glad to hear you aren't feeling any withdrawals yet! Crazy how similar our stories are. I'm planning on taking my last 1mg sub tomorrow so that'll be 6 days on 1-3mg sub, 7 days no heroin and 14 days no 30mg methadone. I really hope we avoided hardcore withdrawals. How long were you on the Done? I was on it for 7 months 60mg down to 30, stayed there for 2 weeks.

I've been on the done 3 different times, this last time for about two years. I really think I've avoided most of the wds. I mean I can't sleep at all and have no energy, but other than that I feel great. I think taking subs for a very short time is the way to go. Obviously we are going to feel some wds, but I think the worst is behind us

That's awesome man you're giving me hope that I'll be able to do this! Fuck these opaites, fuck methadone were going to wake up soon feeling alive with no Opi's in our system :D

I kno this thread is old... But I am new to being registered but a long time bluelight reader! So happy with this thread lol mostly because it's awesome to see so many people getting through this! However they deem the "best" way... Also I love it for making me giggle... It's nice to kno people can have love support and humor about all of this... Goes to show this is just life... Nothing has to be taken "too seriously" lol and sometimes laughter can really help in times like these! Anyway glad to be here! :) maybe I'll post my story here... See what floats up :)

Are you aware how Subs work? They stimulate the same part of your brain as Opiates. Hell, they are opiates.

Doing a 3 day Sub taper will not make your WDs any easier. On the contrary, it will prolong them. And also prolong the time it takes for your brain to heal and repair it's reward pathways. This is the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile "you can't get addicted to a 8MG strip of Subs". Yes you can! Especially if you literally just got done using dope/oxy. It's just a continuation if your opiate use.

You're just prolonging the inevitable.

Either do a supervised opiate taper or go cold turkey and get a lot of benzos/vitamins/digestive support.

There is NO easy way out of this.
P

its actually far from dumb depending on the amount of opiate usage prior. If it's years then yes a short taper is not recommended. But personally I slipped up for a month or so and used subs to get over the hard part and importantly not lose time at work. Previously I went to a rehab years ago to get off subs (didn't know their addictive power) and after 4 months of 8mgs a day (heavy OC use then for 9 months) I was able to taper off completely in 5 days without benzos. This was a top notch facility and they clearly recommend a max of 5 to 7 day of sub treatment in general even for thiose coming off years of Opiate abuse,

i think the docs that say people need it for a year to get their brain chemistry right are just trying to make a buck like many others in the recovery industry. It's more about getting clean and then getting help to stay clean...not through more drugs. I will say Vivitol was a good experience for 3 months after and would recommend it once fully clean.

Hi,

This is my first time using this forum and am really just hoping for some guidance. I have been using heroin daily for 2 months and now have a habit. I completed a detox off Subutex a few months ago but only managed to stay clean for 2 months and that just one has now led into full blown addiction. I do have some Subutex and am hoping to do a quick detox at home but really do not know where to start. My main concern is the restless legs but I do have some Diazepam and Zopiclone which I think may help with some of the withdrawal symptoms. I would really appreciate it if someone could advise me as to how best to detox is it better to do it over a very short period like 5 to 7 days or longer?????

I am on day 4 no opiates 3rd day of sub taper 4mg 3mg 2mg today then 1 tom. .5 Monday Tuesday .25 then I'll jump. I've done this before and little to no withdraws. Today had minor aches. Runny nose...no biggie. Lack of energy def! Tired of little blue pill running my life. Sub taper def helps out.

Im new here but have been a hardcore opiate user for ten years, plus 5 more on suboxone. I am currently on my 3rd day no sub after weaning down, and can say i have very minimal wds if any, i played with fire and used h for a week to rid myself of built up suboxone then hopped on sub for 4 more days, i could feel the wds masked by the bupe, i sweated like hell an felt like crap but i just kept taking 2 mg pieces of film until i felt normal the 4th day. I then took a 1mg piece at 7am thur, aside from some stomach issues an fatigue all is well, my sis just tapered off with very little effects also, main thing to remember is my story is not a miracle story, by all means my body will need too heal, im getting the proper nutrients, trying to stay busy etc, i havr xanax to quell my anxiety and anxious feeling i have, i had clonidine, muscle relaxers, loperamide ( although i find it good to clean the system if you know what i mean) so dont over do it with the loperamide/immodium AD or the xanax for that matter, funny thing is i didnt end up needing half of my emergency meds, now i know some might say im not out of the clear but im sadly a wd veteran, i once came off 8mg of sub a day in a bad new england winter with no meds to help and i went thru 3 weeks of crap feelin an on and off wds and mental hell, i fought with my "other" self every min. just hoping to ease my mind by taking something but i resisted. If your wondering why i used again its cuz my doc i should have stopped seeing wanted a drug test( i was profiting from my script at the time) so i had the ultimate excuse to use just "once" lol, anyway, its a struggle, everyones dif but at the end of the day the only way to get better is to want it, own it, an just do it, time only makes it worse, so taper down, whatever method u choose and go for it, you might be surprised and wonder why u didnt do this a long time ago. well im gonna get outside and enjoy this sunny summer day, much luck too everyone, ill check in soon, an thnx to all who posted an gave me hope and motivation!

Hello everyone this is my first time posting on blue light I have actually read this publication for quite a while and have found it very helpful and very interesting so I finally registered and decided to post myself. Anyways I have been addicted to opiates in one form or another mostly heroin roxys and oxys for over 20 years, I've been through pretty much it all methadone clinics detoxes rehabs you name it been there done that. Anyways been doing pretty good for the last year or so and drop the ball in the last 2 weeks and got addicted back on heroin decided to nip it in the bud before it got too bad and got some suboxone strips anyways I've done suboxone before but I never really realized how strong it was until I went through and read a lot of these threads in detail. Anyways I've taken three strips in the last 3 days which have kept me absolutely perfect I have one strip left and now that I realize how strong they are I will be taking that strip and breaking it into small pieces and only using it when necessary. Anyways I'm hoping that because I was only back on for 2 weeks that I will be able to taper off and be OK because I have to start working and pay rent here in the next 3 weeks so really can't afford to be sick and not working and unproductive I feel fine right now and will repost with my status as it is pertinent to my condition. Like I said I have a lot of experiences and stories and hopes and joy so if anyone needs support help or advice be more than welcome to contact me at anytime!

Hi. I am a 26 year old male. 6 ft tall and about 155 pounds. I was a previous heavy oxy and H user 3 years ago and got clean. Unfortunately I tried H again a few months ago and before you know It I'm back to a gram a day (snorting) for 2 months now. I've decided I'm not going down this road again. I picked up 3 8mg Suboxone strip for my w/d's. And let me tell u that at 4 mg the 1st day all pain and sickness was alleviated. Even got sleep that night. I believe this works great for the physical sickness. Obviously the mental side you just have to be strong. But 2 OR 3 days2 on suboxone and you will feel great. No more than 3 ro 4 days, no need to get addicted to suboxone. Weed helps my appetite as I was eating a suprising amount during the 1st couple days. I have no issues with the mental side it's just the physical w/ds get me everytime, and this short taper takes care of all of it. Good luck and good job saying enough is enough.

SUbs worked for me

Hi there! For me,3 day sub detox always worked in the past for me.
I haven't done it in a long time but right now i am actually on a suboxone detox
i began taking a very small piece of my sub strip 3 nights ago, i used sub about 12 hours after i smoked the smallest piece of h and sleeping all day- i woke up that night withdrawing already. so thats when i started taking the subs. I made 1 strip last me 3 days, this being the 3rd day (it's 10am as well so when i woke up this morning i took a tiny piece of the sub because i was in a sweat but i definitely didnt feel like i NEEDED it) I am thinking i will open a new sub today and only take an extremely small piece and i think by tomorrow morning i should be waking up just fine... ill let u know 8)

First time writer, long time reader. Took my last oxy this morning. I have about 7 8mg subs. 10 Klonapin. I'm terrified. I have a 8-10 blue a day habit. I've read wait 24 hours, I've read wait till you start w/d... I'm going into w/d within hours of last use. I have no support. And am going to start throwing up soon. I already am into PAWS and can't stop crying. Any advise would be appreciated as I cannot go to family for any help or support.

Take 4mg and then 4mg again about 30 to 120 minutes later if you still feel like shit. wait until you need to take more Suboxone, approximately 12 to 24 hours after the second 4mg. Try you hardest not to take more than 8mg after the first full 24hrs every day and then take it each day until you run out. Less is more wuth the stuff, just get yourself comfortable. Expect a certain level of discomfort and dis-ease, but nothing to horrible. If you get the runs while on Suboxone take loperamide, it is safe to combine with the Suboxone. Stay hydrated and eat as much comfort food, although ideally healthy comfort food, as you can stomach. Try and exercise and sleep as much as you can the first four days. After day four it will start getting noticably better.

Yea.... Suboxone will cover it for for those few days. That's what they do when you go to a detox..... They give u suboxone for 4 days then send u on ur way.... You people are really putting a damper on people's plans. I know like every junkie that has done this including me.... It will make the withdrawals easier.